It's another 'the US didn't lose the Vietnam War' thread

>it's another 'the US didn't lose the Vietnam War' thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7hqYGHZCJwk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They got a better kill count but thats it.
The morale victory at home cost them big time.
Serves them right for faking the gulf of Tonkin attack

>it's another 'Nazi Germany could have won the war if only they did x' thread

Militarily and Technically they did not lose the Vietnam Conflict (Wasn't an official war to the US).

Due to them failing to uphold their strategic goal after obtaining peace they did lose.

What do you call this kind of defeat? You won the treaty and the military fights, but after you pull out and someone breaks the treaty and annexes what you use to defend, but you don't jump back in to honor your agreement?

Seriously though, they would have won if they didn't invade Russia. You cannot refute this.

>Wasn't an official war to the US

Fuck, I can't tell if this is bait but I'm going to bite....if they don't invade Russia, Russia just invades them a few years down the road. Same outcome. And whether they invade Russia or not, they're not capable of conquering Britain. They would have to destroy the RAF and the Royal Navy, and to do that they would have to dramatically increase their own air and naval capacity at the expense of their army, opening them up to a Russian attack. Not to mention the impact of the US.

Under US law, its only a war when Congress declares it. Show me the document where US Congress declared war on North Vietnam with the signature from the President.

US was set to win but "watergate" happened and the democrats reneged on their promises to South Vietnam.

youtube.com/watch?v=7hqYGHZCJwk

Sure you can.
If they don't invade the USSR, you
A) Still have an enormous trade imbalance in the Soviets favor that needs to be paid for and represents a strategic vulnerability if the Soviets ever shut off the spigot
B) While you'll be more or less invulnerable to any Western Allied movement on the European continent before 1948 or so, you'll still be in the war, and the Americans are still likely to join, and that means that the nukes are probably going to be dropped on Germany, which gets real bad.

Everyone knew that pulling out meant an end to South Vietnam. The U.S. lost, plain and simple, just like the Spanish lost the 80 years war and the Chinese lost to Le Loi.

>Fuck, I can't tell if this is bait but I'm going to bite....if they don't invade Russia, Russia just invades them a few years down the road.
Not him, but this is extremely unlikely. Above all, Stalin is cautious. Look at how circumspect he was about diplomatic isolation before invading tiny backwater countries like the Baltic states or Romania. Plunging his country into a war that isn't a complete rollover isn't his style. He wouldn't be attacking Nazi Germany unless and until the Western Allies had already essentially defeated them.

Looks like your screenshot was cut off a bit there buddy! Here are the missing parts.

I was baiting but I don't think Russia would have beat Germany if they invaded first instead. Finland managed to repel them to the point where morale was so low they just gave up. Also, Russia may have never attacked Germany without provocation. Just because they were building up their military doesn't necessarily mean they were planning to invade anyone. Europe was at war, it would be stupid not to make any preparations.

But yes America's involvement would have meant the end of Germany regardless. Although I'm not sure they would have attacked Germany though if they weren't already severely weakened by the Russians. Just because the Japanese attacked America doesn't mean America was guaranteed to attack Germany. If Germany retained its strength by not invading Russia then America may have never gone to Europe.

All that said, its too many "what ifs" on my part so yeah Germany was most likely doomed from the get go lmao.

>Just because the Japanese attacked America doesn't mean America was guaranteed to attack Germany
Germany declared war on the US though

No they don't you retard Stalins whole stance on communism was that it had to be contained within the country and there couldn't be any interference from the outside. If the Reich had taken Britain then perhaps they would've been cautious against an attack but even then it would've been unlikely. If the Reich starting to win against America or if Japan started to invade Russia then they would've attacked to save themselves.

After and because Japan attacked

Why Vietnam War triggers americans so much?

So the people who fought and died are not really war veterans? We better cross thier names off all those 'war' memorials

Too much Nazi-threads to begin with

>morale victory
You mean lueganpresse?

Because it's an unnecessary blemish on so many fronts
The war could have been won but politicians got in the way

>If the Reich had taken Britain

You might as well start your sentence with "if I grew wings".

No they're all still alive.

>that photo
what the fuck are they doing?

Throwing the helicopters overboard to make room for more people fleeing South Vietnam.