How is it that classic fashions look so good compared with those of today?

How is it that classic fashions look so good compared with those of today?

Your own personal yearning for tradition

Those fucking fabrics must be hellish in hot weather. I'd rather stick to my t-shirt and jeans than stink of sweat 24/7.

nope, purely aesthetics, modern conventions have the majority of people looking like bums

Old clothes are made of stuff like cotton and wool, you're going to be far hotter wearing modern synthetic shit.

it's a shame that this

becomes this, when hipsters muck with it

Those men look ridiculous though.

Narrower-legged 18th and early 19th century breeches looked better.

>le born in the wrong generation xDDD
piss off

It's because the styles are alien enough from what you're used to seeing that you don't notice all the little fashion mistakes.

Like how the guy on the left has buttoned the bottom button of his blazer, or the guy in the middle doesn't iron his pants.

I actually noticed that, it still looks sharper than someone sporting a jersey and exercise shorts however.

Disliking the rude aspects of this modern era isn't pining for another time, just an appeal to return to better tastes.

Back when this photo was taken, people still often buttoned the bottom button of suit/coat jackets. There was a large movement to do away with that, due to the King of Great Britain, who was overweight and unable to button the bottom button.

Because nobody remembers the bad fashions of history.

here's the thing bud, dressing up like that makes sense if you live on the Northern East Coast, Midwest or Europe but here in the Southwestern US its just too damn hot to be dressing up like that. That being said, we still have people who dress like Okies from the 30s here in the Deserts and farmlands, slacks or jeans with a collared shirt or denim jacket pr just plain old overalls with a wide brimmed hat to cover yourself from the hot, southwestern or plains sun. I dressed like that whenever I did landscaping or construction work in the Mojave, the styles haven't really changed, just the materials and fit IMO.

When I was living in Portland though I would rock my suit, hat and rain coat on Sunday

mass production.

If you buy a suit today, it'll be heavy, not very well fitted, and not breath quite right. How do you think people back in the day could wear a full suit in the summer and not be panting like a dog? They were tailor made.

I don't know dude, I have a seersucker suit thats tailored to me, linen shirts to go with it and I still sweat like a whore in church. It all comes down to wear in the world you are

>How is it that classic fashions look so good compared with those of today?
We both know why, and we both know that if I said it I'd be told to go back to /pol/.

Why would you post a picture disproving your own argument?

How is that significantly different to the other photo?

the only difference is a low-quality image that's black and white, it looks shit either way

They were made by white men

>implying that Jews haven't dominated the tailoring and fashion industry for centuries

I am so fortunate to live in an era where it's okay to walk around in $10 t-shirt, cargo shorts, and flip flops and be totally socially acceptable. This is freedom, and it feels great.

>if I said it I'd be told to go back to /pol/.
every person who tells you to go back to /pol/ is a 100% paid shill.
I just want you to be aware of that.