Can we safely say new world ethnicities are a thing at this point?

Doesn't matter if 200 years ago one of your ancestors came from Poland, one from France, one from Belgium, etc etc, the only language you speak is English, and your wife is """Irish""". I don't think old world ethnicities apply to most Americans anymore. If your family lived in New York for decades, your ethnicity is 'New Yorker'. Or Georgian for people from Georgia, and etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2014/09/18/009340.full.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>He thinks every country has the same amount of different backgrounds as america

Ethnogenesis has happened creating mestizos and black Americans. I'm not sure about if white Americans constitute a unique new world ethnic group however.

You've completely missed the point.

It's not necessarily "New Yorker," it's more like "New Englander." In the distant future, we might have a US composed of New Englanders, Great Lakers, Southerners, Westerners and West Coasters. Meanwhile we'll think of all other countries as having one or at most two ethnicities just like we do now.

You're all just americans. I would even put canadians, australians and new zelander in the same colonial anglo ethnicity, you're all almost the same.

I guess it depends on how broad or narrow you define ethnicity

White Americans by and large are mostly recent immigrants. So they're not just Americans, they're European Americans.

White Americans aren't even majority Anglo.

In the south theres some decent black admixture among whites, and in general whites mix with different whites to the point that they are no longer from a particular country originally anymore.

How is Beyonce considered black? She looks almost more white than black.

For the sake of semantics and self identification I agree but it's essential knowing your phenotype and where you originate from for the sake of genetic diseases and abnormalities. Also from a psychological stand point it's crucial to belong and to know where you come from. Only shit stories don't have beginnings.

If you mean Americans constantly we wuzzing as Irish, Scottish and all that shit yes. Lets.

Why do 4channers think all black Americans look like Leslie jones, she is the exception, not the rule.

Americans only have a minority of Anglo blood.

How can they we wuz, when they are on average 1/3rd Anglo.

>she is the exception, not the rule.
Nah she is the rule.Black women are generally obese and monkey like

Do yuros really resent that powerfully the idea that we come from common stock?

Why are you jealous of black people?

New york isn't New England you mongoloid. There are a multitude of names for it but NY/New Jersey/Pennsylvania constitute one cultural unit.

These people who have lived in Brazil since the end of the American civil war, are they the same as people from Georgia and Mississippi today?

Anyone reading this thread: what percentage of White Americans do you think have at least one Black ancestor from the past 10 generations?

Keep in mind that 10 generations encompasses 1,024 people in a family tree.

I am 100% American and 100% Irish.

born in america means american

you have no authentic connection to your "heritage" so stop making up stuff accept that america has no culture except hollywood and products stop stealing culture and history of real human beings and stop being insecure you subhuman piece of trash

>psychological stand point it's crucial to belong and to know where you come from

you come from your mothers cunt that's about it not ireland england or germany you are american that's it

not possible

You are a sad, strange little man.

You cannot prove there is something like a "New Yorker" or "American", these are all social constructs (yes), unless you would do genetic research

Being a white anglophone makes you anglo. Scots and irish are anglo, like it or not.

Because that's how blacks look? Those are black features? Beyonce is obviously not white, but she's not black either. She's a mulata. Or at least her features are of a mulata instead of a black.

Considering the long-term effects of the one drop rule and the fact that interracial marriage was disallowed until recently, very few.

Why do non-Americans think black ancestry permeates through Euro American society?

It won't matter in 20 years. The robots won't allow humans to breed anymore.

But he's right. You're too contaminated by american "culture" to be irish, german or whatever. Even chinese americans have nothing to do with China, they're not "just american" only because their race conditioned the new culture they developed in the USA.

Also most blacks are poor so there's the class basis as well dissuaded marriage.

>If your family lived in New York for decades, your ethnicity is 'New Yorker'

>Because that's how blacks look?

Not really. Black people have a wide ass range if features whether in Africa between regions and within it and in the new world.

Also Beyonce mother is Louisiana creole but her dad is black and that wax sculpture in the op is pretty light compared to her normal skin tone.

Yeah its pretty funny

Okay, how about "because that's how [west african, the main origin for afro-americans] blacks [mostly] look?"

West Africans are pretty diverse in looks too as well. Leslie Jones stands out because she looks like someone a person would think of when thinking of a really racist caricature of black women in visual media.

It's true that she has very exaggerated features, but that's it. All those features are classic west african features, the rest just have them but less exaggerated.

This is really the case in the Southwest and Midwest, seems like a lot of white Americans had a Native or Mestizo ancestor at one point. There's nothing wrong with that, its just a product of the European Americans striking out west and assimilating anyone they came across. The girl I'm seeing is like that, if you had told me she had a mestizo grandfather I would've never believed you, that being said do you think that this assimilation is important to the culture and stability of the US? It seems that the more people refuse to assimilate (both culturally and ethnically), the less stable those areas become i.e SoCal and Southwestern Texas

Probably few but if we're talking Natives or Mestizos the number is probably much higher

>implying Americans of European stock are the same race as spics and coons from their state
fuck off

biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2014/09/18/009340.full.pdf

>Though the average levels of Native American ancestry are trace, if we examine the frequency with which European Americans carry at least 2% Native American ancestry, we see that Native American ancestry occurs most frequently in Louisiana, North Dakota, and other states in the West. We estimate that 4% of self-reported European Americans living in Louisiana and North Dakota carry segments of Native American ancestry.

>We estimate that a substantial fraction, at least 1.4%, of self-reported European Americans in the US carry at least 2% African ancestry. Using a less conservative threshold, approximately 3.5% of European Americans have 1% or more African ancestry.
>Lowering the threshold to at least 1% African ancestry (potentially arising from one African genealogical ancestor within the last 11 generations), European Americans with African ancestry comprise as much as 12% of European Americans from Louisiana and South Carolina and about 1 in 10 individuals in other parts of the South.
>Louisiana’s high levels of African ancestry in European Americans are consistent with historical accounts of intermarriage in the New Orleans area.

Mestizos only got here within the past 50 years.

New yorkers are called gothamites

You aren't European. stop larping. You might have the genes but you don't have the culture.

See:

When Americans, or "New Worlders" talk about "old world" ethnicities, they do not mean the term as if they are actually literally from there and a member of that tribe, or even the modern nation-state. It's just a kind of ancestor worship complex, and passing down the memory of being an immigrant, of being "different".

I know quite a lot of my family history, going back to as late as the 1500s for one branch. Both here and in Europe. My names are not anglo, and I (and my parents and grandparents) have never called ourselves anything but "American".

I said ethnicity, not race. A multiracial ethnicity is not out of the question for peoples born in the melting pot that is the New world.

oh boy, here we go

the black police is on the case

Are there any communities in the USA which are composed mainly of similar ethnic backgrounds and all speak the same languages that aren't english?
I know of the amish but that does seem like a pretty extreme example of a community resisting assimilation, compared to say the greeks or serbians.

Besides all that, europeans are all cousins (see pic, dna) so i wouldn't see much of a problem,but i don´t want it, it is better to keep european identities - nations.

>Mestizos only got here within the past 50 years.

wat, there have always been mestizos in the Southwest

You are americans, plain and simple. Your behaviour and mentallity has nothing to do with us nor the mixing.

None of you are european