Megali Hellas

This was the original plan of the Greek state to reclaim it's homeland.

Sadly the plan was abandoned after Greece lost to Turkey in the Greco-Turkish War.

What if the plan came to fruition? How different would things be?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_exchange_between_Greece_and_Turkey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Turkey would be slightly smaller, and Greece would have more strategic significance due to the ability to block the black sea. Turkey would easily be kicked out of nato if not for that strategic strait.

Turkey probably never would have been allowed into NATO. I can't see what they offered NATO besides control of the Bosphorous Straights.

> . I can't see what they offered NATO besides control of the Bosphorous Straights.
What about the second strongest army in the world?

Wouldn't having a city like Constantinople give Greece immense economic power?

Greece may have become more powerful and relaxant than Turkey

In 1952? That's the year they joined NATO.

Note: I searched for military size comparisons but I can't find anything pre-1985.

>Turkey has had the 2nd strongest military in the Cold War
>implying the top 2 weren't America and the Soviet Union (possibly in reverse order)
Nigga how high are you?

If Turkey has such a strong army then why can't they beat the Kurds using weaponized goats?

It would also have been nice for the seat of the Orthodox church to be controlled by a friendly country, instead of as currently they haven't been allowed to ordain new priests in decades.

I am certain you mean Istanbul.

That wasn't even the official turkish name until Ataturk changed it in the 20th century.

>Second strongest army in the world
>Can't even beat literal inbred mountain niggers wielding 50-year-old AK's

Constantinople outshines the name Istanbul in every way.
As a side note, i just got banned and unbanned simultaneously for a post a year ago that i didn't commit? Fuck is going on with mods now

>Who would win: The entire US army or poor rice farmers with outdated weapons?.jpg

>Byzaboo

Fully deserved it desu

The name of the city is Istanbul. That is all.

>EREboo
Im just saying its a dumb name.
>To the city
Is what it most probably translates to.

A thorn in the side of the USSR, more or less what cuba was to the US

Turks have owned the anuses of Greeks for more than 1000 years, what did you expect?

>What if the plan came to fruition? How different would things be?

It would require an ethnic cleansing and genocide that would make the Armenian one look like a playground fight. The sheer amount of Muslims/Turks living in those areas would have made any kind of Greek dominated state impossible. A state with those borders could only work as a multiethnic nation where everyone gets a fair share of the power, which the Greeks had no intention doing. So either you would have the Greeks fail by running into a Turkish never-ending insurgency and civil war, or the Greeks succeed and enact a genocide that we would still be reading about today.

constantinople would be bankrupt and sold to the turks,

wouldnt be better

>genocide
pest control would be a more appropriate term in this case

They could just kick them out

>implying most of those areas weren't Greek majority
>intentionally downplaying the Armenian genocide

Jeez, I wonder who could possibly be behind this post...

>Hello tens of millions of people who have been living here for millennia, please abandon your ancestral homes, communities and livelihoods so we can have it. No, we won't pay for it.

Turk genocide best day of my life.

I'm not downplaying the Armenian genocide, I'm saying that that is how bad a Greece with those territories would be. The Armenian Genocide is a catastrophic crime that should never be forgotten or repeated, which is exactly why these borders were intolerable, they would have required a repeat of the crime.

You say that as if it's never happened before.

Why do turks keep larping as mongol archers?

We used to heal people with leeches and allow slavery "before", that doesn't mean we should keep doing it.

FUCK why doesn't america just kick illegal immigrants out? How has noone ever thought of this before?

You probably mean the second biggest army in NATO.

It's called dynamic IP

Kind of like how the Turks genocided the Greeks too. Roached should have stayed in central Asia

Turkey and Greece did have a population exchange after the war though.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_exchange_between_Greece_and_Turkey

As two separate countries with entirely different borders though. In the real world those population exchanges were for much smaller pop. levels that were actual minorities in their area. OP's map would require the movement of millions from areas where they were a majority. Could you imagine if Canada tomorrow kicked out a bunch of Americans and seized several states because they had a minority presence there?

Might have remained a boy