History of Chess

Chess originated in India as the game "Caturanga".

I don't think the game is even played in India anymore although close relatives like Makruk in Thailand are still played

Other urls found in this thread:

studiesincomparativereligion.com/public/articles/The_Symbolism_of_Chess-by_Titus_Burckhardt.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=jSMBj4t1SwQ
math.uiuc.edu/~reinige1/Chess/chess-basicmath.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chess is one of the oldest board games ever pretty cool shit

see this: studiesincomparativereligion.com/public/articles/The_Symbolism_of_Chess-by_Titus_Burckhardt.aspx

>I don't think the game is even played in India anymore
India still has a chess culture, especially in the south. Anand was dominating the game for almost a decade till Carlsen showed up.
Vid related is my Indian chessfu, youtube.com/watch?v=jSMBj4t1SwQ

the original shatranj was different from todays version of the game.

duh, they used dice. Besides, the Queen is actually a fairly recent Italian conception.

a qt!

Chess is shite, the rules of Go on the other hannd are so essential and organic that any sentient species would devise them eventually and this makes Go a universal game.

>the rules of Go on the other hannd are so essential and organic that any sentient species would devise them eventually
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
CANT BEAT THIS DELUSION

you can play chess in three dimensions, and in fact this has been done since 1907. The first 3d variant was Raumschach.

meanwhile, go is a strictly two dimensional game. Utterly shallow. How many variants of Go do you have? Compared to Chess, Go is completely inflexible.

Little did you know, there's even a ruleset available to play actual four dimensional chess. No lie.

math.uiuc.edu/~reinige1/Chess/chess-basicmath.pdf

This is not a serious post but one drenched in irony, provocatuering and the advocacy of many demons amongst the devil himself. I'll pass thanks

>the quality of media is measured in how many shitty spinoffs and properties come out of it.

Your brain on stupidity

which shitty scoring system do you prefer gofag? Chinese or Japanese?

Chinese just makes more sense since it doesn't penalize you for filling in your own territory

Oh my god she pushes all the buttons.
>Those eyes
>That hair
>Those mannerisms
>the slight accent
>the implied intellect
oh woe is me

adequately define territory

is it still your territory if your opponent forms a group with two secured internal liberties inside it?
How do you even deal with having 4 kos going at the same time?

if by "secured internal liberties" you mean eyes then no because any formation with two eyes lives unconditionally and its not my territory until the region of cells is only adjacent to my color (that is to say the end of the game when the dead groups are removed). This is basic stuff.

Its not my fault that you are a brainlet

Go back to harassing women on Facebook pajeet

ok so what if your opponent forms a group with only one eye, or even just a group with no eyes inside your territory and then both parties agree to end the game by passing and total the points without fully resolving the board?

>not my territory until the region of cells is only adjacent to my color
>region of cells only adjacent to my color
so that is territory? You're telling me that only those cells adjacent to stones can be considered territory? I was under the impression that all the cells closed off by a group were territory.

I said the region, that is the set of all cells comprising that unique subdivision of the board. I'm not even going to address your special case because your Dunning Kruegering like a motherfucker right now.

>organic

That's not even a special case, it's common.
>the set of all cells comprising that unique subdivision of the board

huh, I thought we were talking about territory. By cells, you mean intersections right?

what is the conflict between subdvision and territory? All territories are subdivisions

Open boob

haha classic pajeet. man we would miss those chumps if the chinks nuked them tomorrow.

Green nimbuses are cute