Is Fall of Eagles any good? Is it mostly historically accurate?

Is Fall of Eagles any good? Is it mostly historically accurate?

bump

No. No.

Why the first?

Because almost every film and show about ancient Rome is trash. The truth has been ruined by Hollywood and now people expect retarded bullshit. Just compare the new Ben-Hur to the old one.

Fall of Eagles isn't about rome. It's about russia, prussia, and austria leading up to world war 1 from the 1840s.

I'm enough of a pleb that I thought you meant the Total War Attila mod

(You)

Ah, I thought he was talking about that trashy film re: the IXth legion being lost in Caledonia. Carry on then.

I haven't watched it yet but it features Patrick Stewart as Lenin, so it must be good

bump

aaaaaaaaj

It had Patrick Stewart as Lenin, so its worth watching.

Anything he is in is worth watching.

>it's a movie about continentals with English accents speaking in fake continental accents

Yes, not only did this man ruin Germany, but his also lost Caesar's legions.

That doesn't look like Wilhelm II

I don't know.

The beady anglo eyes make all the difference.

>Is Fall of Eagles any good?
Yes.
It is one of the best depictions of the Kaiser and the struggles that he faced during the war out there.

If you have any degree of empathy for the man, I would recommend that bring some tissues with you, as it can be quite the tear-jerker.

>Is it mostly historically accurate?
Pretty much.
While I cannot speak with much authority in regards to the segments that take place in Russia.
Everything involving the Kaiser in the series is pretty much spot on.

Just prepare to have any preexisting notions about holy Wilhelm II challenged.
The series does not simply regurgitate the same revisionist Entente and 'sonderweg' lies that most are unfortunately used to.

This is the guy who wrote at the bottom of a document that it would be "desirable" for serbia to cease to be a nation and supported austria's ridiculous ultimatum.

>This is the guy who wrote at the bottom of a document that it would be "desirable" for serbia to cease to be a nation
And he was right.
That trouble making nation would have been far better off as a Provence of A-H.

>supported austria's ridiculous ultimatum
It was not ridiculous at all.
Austria had just had one of its royalty killed and Serbia not only refused to investigate the incident, but the government likely had ties to the conspirators.
Quite frankly that ultimatum was a sign of just how included towards peace and generosity A-H was.

bump