This triggers the Anglo

>this triggers the Anglo

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1995#Result
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder:

>93.52% of the 5,087,009 registered Quebecers voted in the referendum, a higher turnout than any provincial or federal election in Canada's history. The proposal of June 12, 1995 was rejected by voters, with 50.58% voting "No" and 49.42% voting "Yes". The margin was significantly smaller than the 1980 referendum. The "Yes" side was the choice of French speakers by an estimated majority of about 60%. Anglophones and allophones (those who do not have English or French as a first language) voted "No" by a margin of 95%. There was a majority "Yes" vote in 80 out of 125 National Assembly ridings.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1995#Result

But I want Quebec to be independent so we can snatch up everything west of it.

>Anglophones and allophones (those who do not have English or French as a first language) voted "No" by a margin of 95%.
I'm sure that went over well with the Francophones.

I want quebec to separate.
That way Western Canada can separate from the rest of it

It's funny because I am triggered.

remove frog

So close. Good luck next time

what on earth would you sad little francophones do without the west to give you all your spending money

How is the economy of Quebec anyway? Could they stand on their own two feet as an advanced western society?

>implying anyone but canadians care about canada
well meme'd friend

Yes.

It won't be a next time.
Unless Trudeau does something fucked up, we won't be independent

>Unless Trudeau does something fucked up
such as?

What kind of services and goods do they produce?

I think going for independance in the long run is mostly hopeless. The state of mind changed a lot since the 90's and I fear it's too late.

For to be successful, we need a better idea than simply idependance. Going for a confederation would be the best imo.

Services include butthurt and adultery
Goods include maple syrup and fine women

As a Vermonter I had a hearty chuckle.

Nuke Quebec.

Why is Quebec part of Canada in the first place?

British victory in the Seven Years' War

Because the Anglo is evil.

>tfw both Anglophile and Francophile
Honestly, you should leave the parts north of the black line to Canada, since they're all Eskimos, and ask for the parts north of the grey line, since they're all frogs. Maybe get that little French island near Newfoundland from France.
>tfw this'll never happen

>ywn live in a timeline where canada is a fusion of english & french new world culture with a unique language

t. satan

t. Anglo

;3

France loves Québec, dumb Anglo.

Yeah but why not separate from them when they were part of the empire. Or when the Canada joined the commonwealth

Oilfag

Ubisoft

You must be one of those albertans who cried for monetary aid in equalization after the fall in the price of a barrel of oil and the fire at Fort Mcmurray

Based on Veeky Forums's (/pol/) purity criterias, Quebec is one of the best place of the world:

>Great influence always present in the public institutions of the Christian religion

>Anti-immigration feeling is big, especially around Quebec city

>Old antisemitism inherited of the catholic french church

>Purity of Nature, except for some place where the antives live

The great defect of Quebec is food. I mean Poutine is good late at night when you took 2-3 beers, but it remains fries with cheese and brown sauce.

>

Poutine is always great you shit.

There are also more variations beyond just cheese and gravy.

Like Poutine with minced meat or with sausages.

You know, I enjoy a good Poutine once in a while. But still, it's a unhealthy plate that makes you fat if you base your whole alimentation on it and on its variations.

That has nothing to do with european, especially french, high cuisine.

You forgot to mention the poisonously corrupted political institutions on both the provincial and municipal levels. Especially in the big cities. Plus the industry of the province in general is too tied up in natural resources.

Make no mistake, Canada would be worst off without Quebec but Quebec would become a far poorer country. Especially since they keep taking our money and whining about it.

I do think the province is beautiful though and the people arent as stuck up as people claim to be. But I'm from Toronto so the bar is pretty low.

They'll just be like an independent Scotland
Surviving but not living

>breaking Quebec off but not Newfoundland
Captcha Isle of Man Kale

Should have let the other provinces vote and you would be independent.

Survive yeah but their economy despite some recent improvements are heavily dependent on forestry, minerals and tourism. Some years might be good but overall they will grow poorer.

They are however 90% powered by hydro electricity which is a good thing for sustainability. Plus they would have access to the St.Lawrence but I think Independents overplay that angle. If they really wanted to be a dick, sea traffic will simply just go on the american side instead.

The churches influence died in the 60s senpai. It was replaced by Quebec nationalism.

...the scheme [confederation with Canada] by them assented to would, if adopted, deprive the people [of Nova Scotia] of the inestimable privilege of self-government, and of their rights, liberty and independence, rob them of their revenue, take from them the regulation of trade and taxation, expose them to arbitrary taxation by a legislature over which they have no control, and in which they would possess but a nominal and entirely ineffective representation; deprive them of their invaluable fisheries, railways, and other property, and reduce this hitherto free, happy, and self-governed province to a degraded condition of a servile dependency of Canada

The war of upper Canadian aggression when.

what triggers me is the fucking Labrador border gore

Give it back to the UK.

boumpe

There were two colonies back then, one for the loyalist coming from the thirteen colonies and one for quebecers, but there was a failed revolution then Britain sent Lord Durham to make a report on how to deal with quebecers and one suggestion was to integrate them so there would be one Anglo majority colony rather than give a colony for the quebecers. They never did manage integration though, they just merged the two colonies.

Maybe you frogs will be independent but you're not getting the northern Injunlands. They said they'll rejoin Canada, there goes your timberlands. Also, the entire Canadian navy will blockade the St. Lawrence and starve out the frogs.

tabarnac

>you're not getting the northern Injunlands
We certainly are.
>the entire Canadian navy will blockade the St. Lawrence and starve out the frogs.
It's the current year, it's never gonna happen.

I'm fairly sure even constantly drunk and suicidal Indians could beat any modern Frenchman or Quebecois person (sp?).

>Unless Trudeau does something fucked up, we won't be independent
I for one would like to congratulate our new northern neighbor on their impending independence.

Brutal.