Is suicide a morally acceptable solution to a loss of honour? Through death can one be redeemed for their failures...

Is suicide a morally acceptable solution to a loss of honour? Through death can one be redeemed for their failures, mistakes and wrong doings?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20141108100546/http://thompkins_cariou.tripod.com/id53.html
counter-currents.com/2013/05/the-right-to-ones-own-life-in-east-andwest/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Imagine being that retarded

Suicide is stupid and selfish, you are objectively better off living and seeking to correct your mistakes, not taking the easy way out and quitting when shit gets hard.

What about if you do something deeply shameful or even criminal?

Atone, make up for it, accept consequences, etc.
Running away is cowardly, and suicide is just making the ultimate escape.

Nah

Isn't it better to remove a bad egg from the carton instead of letting it rot and stinking out the whole lot?

Life is yours. You can do whatever you want with it.
But kysing yourself over a woman is pathetic.

This is only correct answer.

Whay if you're too bored? Like, life isnt bad, but just cant really bother

What about killing yourself over something you've done that you and others find to be morally unacceptable?

I didn't ask you to rot, you fucking egg. I said atone. You will only rot if you kill yourself and nobody discovers your useless flesh.

>Suicide is stupid and selfish
>selfish
Nah it really isn't.
What would be selfish is prolonging another persons suffering simply because you think you love them.
As somebody who has a unique perspective which I seriously doubt that you share, whose father killed himself, I don't really see what's selfish about wanting to end your life.
Now if you want to take a more nuanced view of it and say that in certain situations it can be selfish than I would agree with you, but it's not fair to say that it's always selfish.

>But kysing yourself over a woman is pathetic.
What if your life is already pathetic and that woman was the happiest thing that happened to you in years? Huh?

Eggs can't atone

They can't cut their belly with a katana for losing a fight either.

So... If you solve the sudoku, will you regain your honor? Or you will be remembered by dishonored retard who killed himself anyway?

You kill yourself at the hand of your master making the ultimate sacrifice to show your submission thus regaining the respect for your family to have your offspring have a better life

Nothing selfish or stupid about that.
About the usefullness you can debate but bear in mind this was in preindustrial times where excess humans were a burden

This. Weebs don't like to admit it but japs are cowards plain and simple

Of course. If, say, Hillary Clinton had any shred of honor, she would have had the decency of shooting herself in the head after her loss.
>Easy
Dude, it takes severely depressed individuals years to even attempt suicide, it's not easy at all.

>Dude, it takes severely depressed individuals years to even attempt suicide, it's not easy at all.

Objectively false, its a spontaneous decision. Get on with the science, and stop repeating pre-psychology memes.

>Objectively false, its a spontaneous decision.
Do you even know what spontaneous means?

Yeah, it means many years of thinking it over.
Oh wait, its the opposite. Fag.

Suicide is only acceptable when the alternative is family annihilation.
Like in roman times, when suicide was an alternative to proscription or judicial defeat: better kill oneself and just die than being hunted down by the state, your wealth pillaged, your family left homeless and without protection.

I didn't say many years of thinking it over, I said that it takes them years of suffering before the attempt it.

Some need years, others don't.
Linkin Park's frontman killed himself over losing his friend Chris Cornell no more than 2 months after it happened.
And he was a successful man, had six children, and at the birthday of the recently dead (again suicide due to mood swing) Cornell, he hanged himself.

Neither of them needed years, they were "depressed" for months, and not enough for their friends to notice or be alarmed.

On what basis do you claim that he only had depression for months?

On every single person close to him saying so.
On him killing himself on the birthday of his friend who died 2 months ago.

Dude had money, fame, a big family, a ton of friends, loyal fans, access to the best therapists in america and he still killed himself because one of his friends died, that's literally the most selfish suicide I've ever heard of.

They did it for their clan or master, not themselves. But I don't want to interrupt this discussion about celebrities so I'll stop here.

>On him killing himself on the birthday of his friend who died 2 months ago.

That he sand on the funeral of, and couldn't stop talking about.
Also gay rumors, that have no reason to exist, but exist and I will bring up.

>his family/friends didn't know he was depressed so he wasn't depressed
>he had fame and money etc so he could not have conceivably been depressed

Maybe he had been depressed for a long time, or on/off depressed for a long time, and losing his friend was just his impetus to kill himself as well? And an action happening months after its impulse is hardly "spontaneous"; he clearly thought it through and decided to do so on CC's birthday, and clearly it wasn't pure novelty - he could have instead released a song/homage to his friend, instead he chose to kill himself. Is it likely he did so out of unbridled spontaneity?

Success/wealth/fame/endless sex are clearly desirable ends, but if, on achieving all of this you still feel unsatisfied, it's certainly plausible that one would see no point in continuing their life, and would look for some meaningful way to go. Maybe hoping to get a horrible disease that kills you within a week, thus your memory being attended to by understanding pity; dying in some heroic way, thus your depression and feeling of worthlessness never coming to light, instead going out as a God, forever to be worshiped for your bravery. Tying his own death to CC's can easily be construed as something greater than dying alone; he elevated another person's importance in death and thus his own.

>dying in some heroic way
>instead going out as a God

He probably hanged himself with his belt in his closed, and his piss stained corpse with a blue face was discovered by his children.
Stop idealizing cowardice.

No, killing yourself doesn't repair shit. Japs were stupid if that's what sepukku was about. If this thread is gonna be only about suicide, I prefer the approach of those classic philosophers that prefered to commit suicide when they faced a situation that didn't allow them to act with honor. Killing yourself BEFORE losing your honor, in order to protect it instead of cowardly chosing the lesser evil, that I can respect.

But in the end suicide for a case will always be silly when compared with martyrium. Dying in defense of a cause, no matter how futile, will always be better than simply killing yourself.

>taking out your own guts is easy

I'll like to see you trying.

What if the consequence is suicide?

How the fuck did they do it without crying out in pain? I can barely make myself pluck a hangnail.

If you try, you can. I've broken a tooth from my root when it was already gone on one side and was piercing my gum where it broke, it hurt like a bitch, but with a concentrated effort I did it. Obviously I couldn't scream, since I'd bite my fingers, and the crying happened afterwards.

That's why they had a trusted companion ready to decapitate them if they were in too much pain. Most people didn't end the cut before being killed by the companion.

>suicide is selfish
Your religious dogma is showing.

>suicide is stupid
In some situations, not always. Death with Dignity acts. Suicide where it would save your family from rape/death/slavery/etc.

Read what Evola had to say on the ancient Romans view of suicide:
web.archive.org/web/20141108100546/http://thompkins_cariou.tripod.com/id53.html
counter-currents.com/2013/05/the-right-to-ones-own-life-in-east-andwest/