In thousands of years of history...

In thousands of years of history, why did Europeans fail to achieve the culinary standards of superior Nippon and Chinese cuisine?

Where did it all go wrong?

Yurop has unironically the best food, you can find from Rustic peasant stuff to incredible elaborate dishes using the last tech, and even your mom and pop restaurant/bistro/bar uses above average (specially if you consider the rest of the world) quality foodstuff in an affordable way.
Japan and China have top tier food too, but in China the quality is really abismal.

That's not an average meal though. In Japan they'd have fish, soup, rice and something pickled.

Also I heard that frog food is great

>Yurop has unironically the best food

No it doesn't. Aesthetics mask the completely flavorless and bland dishes that majority of European dishes entail.

Spanish and French cuisine shit all over chink cuisine

This. If OP narrows it down to N Europe he might have something

German food is as autistic and bland as its populace

Please don't make me laugh. Most French and Spanish dishes can literally be summed down to

>barbeque the meat over wood till it has a musky flavor
>add minimal salt and paper because MEDIUM RARE LMAO
>white or red wine
>some pasta or cheese on the side
>le EPIG MICHELIN STAR DISH!!111

>Bland.
Lol what. It's that an American meme? Euro food is savory as fuck, it has the best pastries and probably desserts, cold cuts, alchols, cheese, and above average in nearly all since pasta to soups, the tecnhiques are used to enchance the savor of the food in a balance, like jap food, not overpowering them with spices like bad Mexican or Indian food, both great cusines too.

You are a bad troll or a retard anglo diaspora, I smell Australian there?

My chinese girlfriend fucking loves sandwiches

>adds pleb tier condiments such as garlic, paprika and oregano to hide the fact how tasteless the dish otherwise is
>E-E-European f-f-food t-tastes g-good t-too...!

sage for african-american bait thread

I'm Australian. Please direct me to a good European cuisine that's known internationally.
Meat pies and shitty imitation of Japanese food is all I've had.

I see, Australian. A very bad troll at that.

So, Cuisines of the world thread? Influences of Each others from Roman times to the actuality?

>barbeque the meat
>some pasta or cheese on the side
Literally what? Spaniards made bull's tail a great stew.Chinks just bath everything in greasy sauces that eat up the flavour of the entire meal

Nippon quality is an acquired taste, you'll either "get it" or you'll hate it. I personally hate it.

Chinese are are very good in some place or very bad in other places. Two extremes do not make them perfect.

Real perfection lies in the hand of Indians. Be it vegetarian or meat based, their foods are delicious.

>pleb tier
>garlic, paprika and oregano
Garlic is godtier

UKfag detected

Sushi can't be properly done in other places than coasts.

What is that? Lamb and maggots?

>le dark sauce with zero flavoring because DUDE ITS THE RAW TASTELESS FLAVOR OF THE MEAT THAT COUNTS

>Real perfection lies in the hand of Indians.

Indian food literally tastes like spicey shit

Europe has some great food, particularly in the southern regions (if you're not a dumb as rocks stormfaggot that excludes the mediterranean)

>le dark sauce with zero flavoring
How do you know if its flavourless if you haven't taste it? It has a really good flavour

Next step of Europeans will be superior Korean cuisine, sorry European dogs.

>Indian food literally tastes like spicey shit
Getting used to spicy shit is a thing. Its a tolerance you build up over time.

However you can always ask the cook to tone down the spiciness of things. Its not like they sell premade shit, they actually cook it live.

If you have money enough you can get great food even on the planet Mars.

>only rich people can enjoy foreign cuisine

Ever heard of a chinese takeout? Theres probably one a block away from your shithole and with $5 you can pretty much get served enough food to last a day

Horse meat is superior to dog meat k-fag

French and italian are everywhere, any high restaurant has influences from at least French than were the first to . It really depends of what do you prefer, the med is in general has the best Cuisine, you can find any kind of dish since pretty spicy food to all kinds of bizarre stuff. The North and Brits have the worst food in Europe be far, but even then you can find top tier cheese there, and the Irish have some of the best quality pastured meat and butter, but even then at least the quality of the ingredients is good even when imported, and if you like clean tastes, Denmark has plenty of interesting restaurants. Slavs have at first sight the same problem than the norths, but they have a very undescored cuisine very hearthy and savory, full of cold cuts and amazing soups/stews, pastas and whatever you like, they have the worst quality in the food in Europe tough, but even then it's above average wolrdwide (Japan and some LatAm countries, and some samll farms in the USA).
But being Spaniard myself I would say than your best bet is going to some big city in the coast and hop from big city to big city until at least italy and tasting the best dishes there, every city in Europe will have at least an speciality, normally a few or imports from the near cities and villages produce, like Cheese or cold cuts. Taste away without worry, some of the worst looking stuff it's the best.

Garlic is for stupid smelly peasants who can't afford cancer treatment.

Sure eating raw fish with a bit of wasabi sounds so fucking delicious, not. I'll go with karelian stew instead.

>Not liking garlic
No wonder you like chin chonk greasy sour trashy beef

The only decent places to eat in Europe are France, Italy and Spain. German, balkanic and central european cuisine is shit compared to Japanese, Thai, Mexican, Peruvian, Chinese or even Indian.

Are you a Tatar?

You are too rude

>France, Italy and Spain
Greece and the Balkans have some great food,Belgium has one of the greatest cuisines in the world,Denmark has some great food and in Norway they have some really nice fish dishes

Have you ever had a meal that wasn't delivered from a takeout menu?

What about brits not up for some spotted dick?

I wouldn't say that they are better than those, but then I wouldn't say they are worse too, but different.
German (Belgium too), Slavs, Balkanics and Greece have Great cuisine, the bad thing about Germans is that they don't know how to sell it, and perhaps at first glance is boring with lots of sausages and potatoes,or whatever, but if you like to explore you can find really good dishes, in Austria too. Slavs are pretty varied actually, Hungarians love they paprika and have some amazing stews than reminds me to my country, comunism did a number on them tough they are recuperating slowly but surely in the food departament , Greece sea food and lots of dishes like gyros make exellent take away stuff or simple tasty morsels, they make some veal or goat stuff than would make a New Zealander orgasm. I think than you never had true euro food m8, or if so in some shitty tourist resort or whatever where you get frozen shit to sell to drunkards in an over priced way.

Scandinavian, danish and greek ill grant you are pretty good but nowhere near top tier. And Belgium is a non country but ill grant you it has the best desserts in the world by far.

you fell for the food aesthetics meme, the best food looks like shit.

Denmark has one of the most innovative culinary scenes in the world and Greek cuisine is at least on par with Mexican or Peruvian cuisine

>That'll be $495 + tips
What did they mean by this?

>Asian food is the best
>Posts low-tier Japanese fast food that wouldn't exist without western influence (on account of the curry).

OP...are you retarded?
Go to your local Italian/helenic/Croatian/Slovenian/Hungarian/Polish/whatever-kind-of-wog-you-like club. I guarantee you the food there will be better than katsu-curry from your local 'japanese food made by Chinese people' restaurant. And it will literally just be made by some grandma.

Fuck Anglos are stupid.

>$495
That would most likely be a 7 course meal with wine pairing, not even that bad

>bland dishes

Third world shithole country inhabitant spotted.

Sorry but we don't need a metric shit ton of spices in our dishes to make chickpeas and whatever taste like something other than absolute vomit.

People who talk about "bland" food grew up eating very poverty tier dishes with poverty tier ingredients.

495$ can feed you an entire year.

>average meal in europe
>a fuckin sandwich
OP you uncultured swine.

Only in third world countries or developing E.European countries.

In US, if I was frugal, I could survive on that for ~10 months. Spending ~50/m. But thats just frugal talk.

Realistically, 5 months @ $100/m of food.

>The white man fears spicy food
You're not helping the stereotype

b-but user, that's my fast food budget for THIS MONTH

>The only decent places to eat in Europe are France, Italy and Spain.
>t. I only know about these cuisines of Europe

Rather have the sandwich

When your national dish is fish and chips you dont even deserve to be mentioned
I go to europe every year m8 ive been around (south american btw). Maybe i was to harsh on the balkans because they are indeed pretty diverse (croats have interesting stuff but serbs and montenegrians have some shit food) but youre not gonna convince me germans and central yuropeans have good food in a million years. You can sum up literally all of german cuisine with the word apfelkrautwurst and central europe isnt all that different with its autistic obsession with pork too. Ive been a long time in germany and czech republic i almost went insane.

Stop making this thread. 2 anecdotes ≠ data. Saged and reported. This isn't history or humanities related, it's Veeky Forums related.

Don't like Asian food fuck off

Asian and especially latin American food has more variety in food so they have richer and greater diversity in tastes than in europe (which does have some good food). I'd say Latin American and Asian food are the best.

Would you put hot sauce all over smoked salmon or a berry tart?

Atleast in Europe people still fucking cook, in (east) Asia they just toss a bag of rice in a rice cooker every day and call it a day.

What fucking weeabo mongrel made this shitty thread

>Asian and especially latin American food has more variety in food so they have richer and greater diversity in tastes than in europe
Kek.No way.You must be from Peru or Colombia to believe that crap

I'm a vegan so no.

Have you tried Latin American cuisine?

OP is an overweight weaboo from america whose never set foot further than half a county away from his basement.

All of Europe has at least one good dish, pastry or some other "food", but some countries (mostly the southern ones) have a shit ton of good.

The best bread in Europe for example is made in coastal Sweden/Finland

Yes.It is mostly garbage.

>best bread
>coastal anything
Kek.

That's sort of like an opinion, man. One that I agree with though, white breads are for people who should just be honest with themselves and eat cake

>The best bread in Europe for example is made in coastal Sweden/Finland
Sure it was, Olaf.

you're a proper ass knight eh lad, you militant homo

keep stuffing your face with pastries cakeboy

I agree that these prices look incredibly ridiculous to some people, but the people who go to these things are either rich fucks with no care in the world for their money - or people who genuinely enjoy food

These course meals aren't meant to fill you up (usually) but more a display of the chefs craftsmanship, how it develops in your mouth, the way ingredients were used to develop different flavours, different experiences between each dish etc which gives a deeper understanding on how ingredients/techniques can influence each other when paired up

The food world is very complex at michelin-tier levels and most people would rather not pay up for such experiences because they would rather eat to fill themselves up

what did he mean by this?

He didn't even know what he meant, probably a nord fag.

You are an upstanding homo by the standards of their respective community, even a firebrand about bum fuckery.

You should keep eating women's bread for you know not of the better things civilized men enjoy.

>Imply teriyaki chicken and unagi isn't the most based shit ever

Japanese people don't even know how to cook. They cook things in their own steam, they boil meat - objectively the worst way to cook anything - their cooks demand that you take care not to brown anything when frying it because god help you if it develops any flavor, and even when they develop a fond, they fucking WASH it out instead of using it. And then they drown everything in soy sauce and mirin so all their food just tastes like that.

In all honesty, French and Med cuisine really save Europe.
Since this head is pretty much derailed: anyone know a French restaurant where I can get some quality gallettes in New Jersey or New York? I have a huge craving.

What is stirfry?
I don't believe you user.

Europe:
>bread
>meats
>greens
>easily eaten on the go, not messy

Japan
>slimey and messy
>has to sit down to eat it
>meat
>rice
>shit tier veg

We/hisck/ now

You are comparing cousines of a whole continent versus one country, being totally unfair to both in the process and with an aftertaste of not knowing anything about either

More like /hicks/

Why are foods from places that arent Europe or japan usually a "cheap eats" place and never haute cuisine if its there its pretty rare
>pic related modern west african place in london

You know those small ass meals aren't usually the whole meal. You'd probably get that plus like 7-10 other small but super fancy bites plus good wine. Its the experience too but you guys just want to eat a bunch of shit like the fat fucks you are

>what is stirfry
not japanese.
And stirfry isn't browned either, they only cook things just a little on very high heat.

Oh right. The total is ~4,950 for the nice 10 plate.

I'm compared the two foods in the image

I bet that tastes like shit, but since it looks semi appealing it'll go for £50.00 or some shit.

Because they haven't had enough time to put down roots in the culinary world. Up until 70 years ago no one in the Western world really cared about foreign food.
A notable exception, because of the British Raj, are old ritzy curry houses in London.

>but more a display of the chefs craftsmanship, how it develops in your mouth, the way ingredients were used to develop different flavours, different experiences between each dish etc which gives a deeper understanding on how ingredients/techniques can influence each other when paired up
chef here
none of that requires a 1000% markup, those places are nothing but scams and memes.

>Implying East Asia and Europe can compete with Middle Eastern cuisine

Turkish is easily one of the best.
The desserts tend to suck though.

Baklava is god tier though.

Turkish delight doesn't suck

Fuck you OP, you're a massive faggot. You could have made a decent thread about the history of food or something like that. Instead you made thread, that has nothing to do with Veeky Forums and is just /int/ shit slinging. Here's your (You), now fuck off and go shove a chopstick up your urethra.

Yeah, those are good but compare them to Belgian waffles, French crepe, Schwarzwalder Kirsch or Italian ice cream.
I also like Kunefe but seems like it's Levantine.

Id say Baklava stacks up pretty well against anything from Europe. Sometimes middle eastern deserts are too sweet because they drench them in syrup. Baklava has all the other stuff to balance it out tho so thats why i love it

It looks like fish with some sauce. What about it looks like shit

Some other dishes look pretty good

Schwarzwälder Kirsch is the alcohol used in the SK torte, the black forrest and south-west Germany has the best cuisine in Germany, thanks to some French influence.

t.totally not from the black forrest

Is that flower edible?