Map thread

Post historical maps of any kind.

>Russia

Retarded map

Hope you get cancer fsggotsjd

Nice, this is so much better than yesterday's thread.

Size isn't everything

I wish we could post more pics in one post

>Windische
>Slowenen
>Prekmurzen
Every time

Was it autism?

its still an active volcano, if pompeii 2.0 ever happens millions its gonna kill millions

The Earth is too small, for us need one more planet.

kinda reminds me of the witcher map

wow poland looks almost like it does today

>that tiny lübeck
I knew the Hansa wasn't very relevant at that point but you'd think the area would be a little more populated, the other important Hansa cities of Hamburg and Bremen are huge on this map while Lübeck in almost non-existant.

Also related

>A beautiful–and extremely controversial–map made by John Wesley Powell, the intrepid explorer and leading natural scientist of the late nineteenth century. Powell undertook a large-scale survey of the far west to demonstrate that the region was made up of interdependent watersheds, or what he termed irrigation districts. With his team, he measured the flow of water across one billion (that’s right!) acres of land in order to determine the shape of the landscape’s most precious resource.

>irrigation by digging rivers fed by the pacific
Wouldn't that just make everything salty as fuck? You can't drink that or use it to grow crops, right?

member when we used to celebrate human accomplishment instead of constantly bash whitey and put mediocre brown achievements on a pedestal

Not sure how accurate this is

I find it interesting how the one location in Slovenia they included in the map was Zidani most. I guess it makes sense to include it in a strategic map but still.

Is Ireland civilized or enlightened?

not exactly a historical map, but this is my favorite map maybe because I'm a brainlet

>tfw the rail to ctesiphon will never be finished

That map is fucking disgusting, it's even worse than those modern maps that are all jaggy. Hand-drawn and coloured maps are the best.

How about an old hand-drawn jaggy map?

why would you like such an abomination?

That's not bad, when I say jaggy I mean these digitally made puzzle pieces where places like Sicily are literally reduces to 5-6 straight lines and everything is needlessly straight.

because it's clean, modern, and I'm a romaboo in contrast to all the very busy maps that get posted here.

that, like, just seems like you're opinion man :^)

>Germans
Not accurate at all.

is this a joke map or is the maker actuely retarded?

>map thread
>posts a shitty screenshot from a shitty video

bump for when I'll be able to post maps in around 8 hours.

The commie propaganda for the 1945 border shift (Poland giving away lands in the east to the USSR and getting land from Germany instead) was that they were restoring the original Polish borders, rolling back a thousand years of the German push eastward.

The official propaganda term for the clay taken from Germany was the "Recovered Territories" ("zemye odzyskane").

They're not fed by the Pacific, hence them all starting in the Sierra Nevadas.