Where does Dutch history start?

Where does Dutch history start?

in the ass end of france

explain

Usually the history of the netherlands as an independent entity starts around the start of the dutch revolt, so 1568. However, sometimes people expand that a bit and also include the burgundian duchy, so then you have to start around 1400

Cool!

During the Beta Uprising of 1568

I think we could start with the Burgundian dukes too. However, the Burgundian dukes were still subject of the French king and I wonder if the people from Flanders had more respect for their duke or the king. On the other hand I can't think of a reason why the Burgundian period couldn't be the start of Dutch history because the dukes had many battles against the French king.

With the Franks, really, as they're the ancestral Dutch.
The History of the Netherlands as a modern entity begins with the Treaty of Verdun which marks out the three main regions of Northern Europe, a Latin West, a Frankish speaking middle, and a German East

Dutch don't exist
The "Dutch" are just Frisians and Batavians roleplaying as one people

Batavians have nothing in common with modern day dutch

You're irrelevant LARPer that were bullied by us during your entire history

You can LARP as Franks all you want, only one people on this Earth was named Franks, and it is us

Americans don't exist.
The "Americans" are just niggers and italians roleplaying as one people.

Are you trying to convince me that the French larp as Franks or that the Dutch, the speakers of the Low Franconian language, aren't Frankish? I'm just a bit confused.

Would that make Alsace-Lorraine more Dutch than German?

>Actually hating on the Dutch

I smell buttmad anglos, frogs and spaniards.

We don't even roleplay as one people, we recognize the Frisians are independent people, they have their own language etc. Much like the welsh in the UK.

>Low Franconian language

No such thing

Actual Franconian is a West Germanic dialect, while Dutch is an North Germanic dialect, your language is more related to Frisian than to Franconian

And we did it spoke a West Franconian dialect in the past

Nigga Frisian isn't even north-Germanic. Also Dutch is more closely related to Luxemburgish then Frisian. Low-Franconian = old-Dutch btw.

Anyway i don't care about language because only genetics matters

And Genetics tell us that French came from Pannonia, while history tell us that the Franks came from Pannonia too

So French = Frank

Huh? Didn't the French come from Troy? I mean Paris amirite?

>using irony

Genetics ended the debate

You must accept your non-French ancestry, thiois

The current provinces mostly derive their name and borders from countries and duchies formed in the 11th century.

Though it is somewhat artificial to speak of Dutch history rather than the history of the Low Countries.

I guess you win this time.
But we have better cheese.