Profs fear 'alt-right' is taking over Medieval Studies

>Some Medieval Studies professors are worried that the “alt-right” is co-opting the discipline to promote a “fantasy” of the Middle Ages with undertones of “white supremacy.”

>Following the 2017 "International Medieval Conference," several attendees complained that white, male professors--rather than people of color--delivered lectures about "otherness" in the Middle Ages.

Is Veeky Forums part of the alt right conspiracy to erase PoC from medieval history?

Other urls found in this thread:

campusreform.org/?ID=9450
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ștefan_Răzvan
campusreform.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forgot link

campusreform.org/?ID=9450

Reminds me of the Witcher fiasco.

tfw to intelligent to believe a word of history, knowing that it's all a bunch of spin and propaganda and that without having been there personally I will never know whether anything is true

This is just a phase guys. Things will go back to normal in some years.

>campusreform
not even gonna bother

sure, let's talk about medieval POC, gypsies.

>Charlemagne was not a Black Trans-Woman
Damn you, Alt-Right

but "otherness" has been proven to be a pseudoscientific concept and so has no place in a serious academic lecture and whatever the reasons for the lack of diversity it is not due to exclusion, so there is no problem

wtf I hate white people now??

Its probably SJW bullshit but I am legit kind of afraid of what happens when /pol/tards grow up and start entering leadership positions.

Do "medieval studies" in the US cover only Europe or rest of the world as well?

>american universities
not even once

White genocide is real

>grow up/enter leadership positions
>remain /pol/tard

I'm 90% sure you can only do one or the other.

>"""alt-right""""
>leaving their moms house

pic

Did you know there was a Gypsy king in 16th century Moldova? He ruled for many months

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ștefan_Răzvan

They want to expand minority placement into Medieval age?

>/pol/
>freepalestine
what a dumb comic

CHARLEMAGNE WAS BLAQQ U DUMBAZZ CRACKA WE EXPOSIN YO COLONIAL LIES MAYNE

I think it's supposed to be against Israel or something
Still doesn't make sense

>tfw leftist """academics""" complain about Eurocentrism in European historical studies

Why do people pretend like the "alt-right" is an actual thing beyond virgin teenagers on the internet? They do realize right-wing, non-neocons still exist and have existed for quite some time, right?

Furthermore, why would you complain about that shit? It's like saying the African Studies department has too many black people in it who care about black people history.

This is why people are so easily able to create the leftist strawman of wanting to destroy white people's culture because they literally want us to stop glorifying our own history. Something that EVERY culture does, but we're not allowed to.

This is why multiculturalism doesn't work. People of both sides use it as an excuse.

>muh whitey holding me down wahhhh
>muh darkie genociding me, taking my tax monies wahhh

Everything would be better if they just went back to where they came from and stayed there.

Whats that?

>PoC
>Medieval

Nice try Benjamin

i agree user, we should get rid of the other cultures in the US and their religions too, no islam, judaism, hinduism, buddhism, catholicsm, mormonism, or any of that, just good old fashioned baptism, that would everyone happy

no it would turn everyone into alcoholics, because baptism and protestantism in general isn't a sustainable culture, neither is athiesm

You seem to be on the drink right now from this horrendous, unintelligible post. I'm not Christian, but you do realize it's Catholics that have the reputation for drunken fools right, not proddies?

Additionally Baptism/protestantism isn't culture in itself, it is a manifestation of the culture that exists to reflect the historical and genetic past of a peoples. The United States is a horrible example because early on many people actually keep to their own communities, with slightly modified versions of their "Old World" cultures. Then Americanization happened, similar to Francofication in which all the old cultures of France were wiped out and replaced with "French" ones.

>campusreform.org
Seems legit.

>alt-right
>non-neocons

If you tell people a mainstream ideology (liberalism) is dominating sociology, they decry you as a paranoid conspiracy theorist. If they say that a fringe "literally what?" ideology is dominating a field, we're just supposed to believe them. Unbelievable.

>History is pointless!
>Browses the History board

>Everything would be better if they just went back to where they came from and stayed there.
not for the blacks

>"otherness" has been proven to be a pseudoscientific concept
OOPS! Looks like you're already a Nazi or something.

Yeah, the "Free Palestine" flag is a dead giveaway for poor understanding.
>all political issues fall along one dimensional spectrums like on tv
>/pol/ hates israel
>pol likes palestine

Never mention this again or a rapper named "Charlymane" will make the top 40 within the year.

the biggest giveaway that the comic was made by some butthurt redditor would be the photoshopped cartoon mom.

>right-wing, non-neocons still exist
Yes, and the new meme blanket label for that is "alt-right". You see folks like Steve Sailer, or even neoreactionaries, lumped in with the "xDDD based Milo" crowd as alt-right.

Don't try to make heads or tails of it they are simply anti white.

The trick is that said mainstream ideology deliberately resists labeling attempts and redefines terms to make your idea hard to describe. Think of how hard it is to explain to many people that neocons are liberals in the broad sense.

>medieval history is too male dominated

Literally what? If you haven't heard of Ros McKitterick, have you literally even studied medieval history

>There are people on Veeky Forums RIGHT NOW who don't realize that Donald Trump will be regarded as a moderate Conservative 20 years from now after Gen Z grows up and white ethnonationalism becomes fringe-acceptable and the mainstream is people just to the right of the Orange Emperor.