Islam vs Christianity

Which is the superior religion? For the sake of limiting the scope of discussion Islam will only refer to demonstrably orthodox adherents of one of the four Sunni madhabs (i.e. no Shi'ites, Khawarij like ISIS etc) and Christianity will only refer to Apostolic variants (no protties). As far as which criteria make one superior I leave that open to debate. Clearly state your reasoning.

If it's Sunni verses Catholic/Orthodox, Christianity.
The Persians and Egyptians are the only non-retarded parts of Islam.

>which is the best flavor of human shit?

Egyptians are Sunnis

Persians were the main Sunni stronghold for most of Muslim history, amd Egypt was the location of the most powerful Shi'i caliphate (Fatimid).

Neither. They're both genocidal Abrahamic religions which outweigh any good they ever did for humanity and should be thrown out the window after its use like trash. We don't need it anymore.

>The Persians and Egyptians are the only non-retarded parts of Islam.
Sorry? What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how glorious the osmanli caliphate is

>Islam
>A bunch of outcasts forcibly converting Mecca to their new meme religion

>Christianity
>A bunch of cucks traveling through the desert getting shat on by everyone until the main guy dies
They're both shit.
>

christianity>islam because it recognizes the old testament, follows correct teaching on sexual morality and holiness. while islam allows polygamy, sex slaves, and marriage between close relatives.

OP you should have stopped after you finished your first sentence, then maybe this thread might have had some quality. Now it's pure garbage

islam sounds superior desu

>recognizes the old testament
>still eat pork

Islam is superior because it is truly monotheistic. Trinity does not make sense. Saint worshiping is also crossing the line.

the """recognize""" it but don't follow it

they*

>old testament allows "sex slavery" (loaded term tbqh), polygamy, and cousin marriage
>(((chr*stians))) recognize old testament

Keep in mind Persians were big into the Mutzillite school when they were Sunni, whereas modern Sunniis much more Ashari influenced. Makes big difference.

>my religion is better because it has less mojo

Litteraly nothing wrong with espousing cousins

To put it plain:

Christianity is a faith of divine grace, that it is God's love, through the incarnation, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, that delivers us from our wickedness and sins and evil and leads us to our salvation and infuses us with a life of faith, hope, charity, justice, and truth. Christian scripture declare these things, all commandments and teachings guide the way to living these fruits of the Christian life. We must cooperate with that grace, of course, but when we do our lives are given fullness and our souls washed anew. Countless saints have died as martyrs and sufferers with the song of Christ in their hearts and a lifetime of holiness left behind to inspire others.

Islam is a religion of submission to laws and human works, watched under the piercing eye of a wrathful god who demands submission, not relationship, whose scriptural laws and commands work to enforce that submission under penalty of damnation. It is under this dangerous submissiveness that Islamic caliphates were forged, invading foreign lands and forcing others to convert, submit and pay tax, or die, and countless Muslims have killed themselves and others around them in this pursuit.

Many have killed and conquered in the name of Christianity, yes, but conquest and murder in the name of Christianity is not founded in and encouraged by the scriptures or earliest roots of Christianity. Can't say the same for Islam.

>ck2

define mojo and then explain why you think islam has less of it

>Superior religion
Muhammad pbuh(peace be upon him) was not the messiah but a confused epileptic man.

>not the messiah but a confused epileptic
Exceptions

>implying the shari'a isn't a divine grace (i.e. a gift) meant to enoble and perfect mankind
>implying the zakat and jizya taxes are 't a means of protection against oppressive taxes
>implying submission to the divine is somehow reprehensible
>implying islam allows forced conversions

But user, the Koran also talk about the love of God, and the Bible also promise damnation for disbelivers.

>Jesus was the messiah
>failed even harder than Simon Bar Kokhba

Islamic theology concerning God is clearly more cohesive and logical.

Christianity has the hallmarks of a mystery religion ballooning beyond reason.

Islam has the hallmarks of someone just inventing something out their ass

Noahidism is objectively superior to if you *need* to believe in Yahweh

noahidism is shabbos goy the religion

The New Testament states that Jesus died on the cross and then resurrected from the dead. The Quran states that Jesus let another man die in his place on the cross, and then peaced off to heaven even though he was alive and well.

Even if Islam is the truth, I will argue this point with God or any of his angels until I'm blue in the face and cast into hell. The Quran is a hyped up book of poetry that doesn't even follow internal logic.

the superior religion is the correct one. so Christianity is the superior religion.

Muslims also claim that Islam is a scientific religion.
Which is already a dull and already void of anything spiritual.

>wanting to practice an antic form of Islam rather that the modern one.

I'm an ex-Muslim that converted to Catholic Christianity. Feel free to ask me any specific questions.

To put it simply, Christ is the Messiah and He fulfilled the prophecies found in the Old Testament. He is truly risen and only Christ can save. Muhammad has no basis for his prophethood neither from Judaism or Christianity, except his own claim. This is one of the key things that Muslims struggle with. If you ask them for verification for a basis for his prophethood, they'll quote out-of-context verses from the Old Testament and New Testament. Muslims also claim that Islam is a continuation of Judaism and Christianity, yet the New Testament warns us that there will be no more gospels and any gospels proclaimed (even by angels and guess what, Muhammad heard his 'revelations' from an 'angel) are false. Islam is a completely new gospel and its teachings contradict those taught previously (there's hundreds of examples of this, ask me for specifics, if you'd like). When Muslims are presented with this evidence, they always back out of the argument and start asserting that the holy texts of Judaism and Christianity are corrupted or false. This is a serious case of cognitive dissonance.

Jesus didn't take the decision. What is the problem user, why would God should have let Jesus suffer at the hand of the romans?

>To put it simply, Christ is the Messiah and He fulfilled the prophecies found in the Old Testament
No he didn't.

>the New Testament warns us that there will be no more gospels
Source?

i can scarcely think of any less reliable documents than the documents purporting to call themselves the old and new testaments, respectively. why on earth would you put your trust in what are obviously heavily tampered documents? islam does not depend on the sanction of either of those documents.

>Fighting over religion during the Kali Yuga

i mean basically you're right, but even guenon, on of the chief proponents in our day of the idea that we are living in the kali yuga, became a muslim

Matthew 15:10-11

>Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand.
>What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' "

Which form of Islam though and why?

Prove you are an ex Muslim

>eastern Europe
>africa
>glorious

He was mainline sunni (probably maliki) but also belonged to a sufi tariqah (shadhili)
>why?
read his books, user. this question in particular is clarified (not explicitly since he doesn't talk about his personal lofe) in "perspectives on initiation".

>christians are better because they follow the old testament
>except when they don't
Also it is not clear that he meant to authorize human to eat or drink whatever, what is the context of this quote?

Woah. Jesus is literally saying its ok to suck cock as long as you swallow.

>1438
>shirkfagging
Sort yourself out user

well you got dubs, so okay

What are your arguments against it?
There are many verses warning us of false prophets, but Galatians 1:8-9 is most notable:
>8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse! 9As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you embraced, let him be under a divine curse!
>why on earth would you put your trust in what are obviously heavily tampered documents?
Hello, my Muslim friend. They are not corrupted or tampered and the only reason you say this is because both the OT and NT nullify any credibility Islam has. Refer to my points in the previous post.
>islam does not depend on the sanction of either of those documents.
It does, though. Muhammad claims that his religion is a continuation of those two religions, yet his teachings contradict those of every prophet that came before him and even Christ's teachings.
>Prove you are an ex Muslim
How?

theyre both expansionist religions for drunks, serve god on your own or join a religion thats based around spiritual development and not numbers like judaism

That does not say that there will not be a new gospel user, actually it implie the opposit.

>What are your arguments against it?

The Jews who deny the fact that Jesus is the Messiah point to Kingdom Age prophecies that are not yet ripe.

They are blinded by their hatred of Jesus, do not know that He is still alive, and do not know that He is still fulfilling the prophecies of the Messiah.

They never understood that, as Abraham told Isaac, "God would provide Himself a Lamb for the sacrifice."

"Catholic Christian" is an oxymoron, friend. If you can confess out loud that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead, you are a born again Christian.

If you are a member of the Catholic church, you are a Catholic.

If you are both, know that when you started life being born again in the Spirit, you are as a small child lacking the ability to tell what is of God, and what is of man's traditions.

And states that the "new gospel told by an angel", such as Islam and Mormonism, are accursed.

Jesus and his posse were hanging out in the fields of Galilee, eating lunch and minding their own business. A group of Pharisees, looking to start trouble, came up and accused Jesus and his followers of committing sins against God. What sins, you ask? Only the most heinous crime they could pin on Jesus, the sin of not washing his hands before eating.

You see, the church-going Jews, before eating anything, observed a ceremonial washing of their hands, a practice created and perpetuated by their ancestors and not derived from the word of God.

In response to the Pharisees' allegations that he had sinned, Jesus pulled together a crowd of bystanders and called the Pharisees a bunch of hypocrites. Unable to offer any rebuttal, the Pharisees slithered away to plot in the shadows, ignorant of the harsh judgment their actions would one day reap.

Mark 7:5-8
>So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, "Why don't your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with 'unclean' hands?"
>He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: " 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
>They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'
>You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men."

>how?

That's up to you, until then there's no reason to assume you are not a Christian trying to lend themselves an extra facet of authority.

Huh. So did you... I guess God is trying to us something about swallowing semen.

I mean he did get pissed at that one guy who spilled his seed on the ground. Guess we got to lick that shit up.

user-kun, the Injil is a compilation of words and act just like the hadiths, and the compilation was done after the death of Jesus, obviouly it must have been somewhat corrupted, just like the (((Torah))).

Why did you convert to christianity?

Trips! Jesus! This thread is holy!

All authority comes from God. Man says he used to be a muslim, and now he's saved as a Christian, and can speak to both religions, who are you to call him a liar?

>people fell for this (((bait)))

>Christian not washing their hands
>Think something unholy about Jews not dying of plague when Christians are dying like flies on shit which happen to be on their hands when they eat

What did Jesus mean by this?

Well Obama is a Muslim. That is why he gave nukes to Iran who will nuke the Jews with it.

Obama is a liberal, not a muslim

Like the pharisees, you missed the entire point. And yes, God gave the Jews many reasons to wash their hands, without telling them about germs.

The pharisees were looking to call Jesus a law breaker for violating the sabbath. Only they did not follow the sabbath of Moses; they had instituted their own Pharisaical Judaism and with its autistic and numerous rules, it was designed so that they would not violate the Law of Moses ever again.

Being clean on the outside, but being filthy on the inside, was a common judgment Jesus made against the pharisees.

While in turn the pharisees accused Jesus' followers of not washing their hands before they ate, as though that were violating the sabbath.

Jesus often violated their rules, their takenot, in order to show them that they did not care about the Law of Moses, and were not even trying to live by it. Wanting to kill a miracle healer for healing a blind man on the sabbath? What kind of insanity is that?

He's both. And a homosexual.

It's out of character for Jesus to let another man fill in for him. It also doesn't make any sense that Jesus would leave after allowing this man to die in his place. Would have made for sense for Jesus to simply leave without all the spectacle, if he didn't intend to suffer and die.

1. Jesus is God.
2. Jesus came to earth to suffer at the hands of the Romans.
3. Jesus came to earth to be condemned to death by his own people.
4. There are many messianic prophecies saying that all this will happen.
5. Nobody killed Jesus. He dismissed His spirit and died.
6. The devil was speaking to Mohammad, not Gabriel.
7. If Jesus does not die on that cross, there is no remission of sins.
8. If Jesus does not rise from the dead, there is no resurrection.

As I said Jesus didn't make this decision.

Jesus is not God.

Jesus is God.

It did not happen.

It is Islamic fanfic from 600 years after the fact.

No.

Quads don't lie.

Go tell it on the mountain, that Muslim ass is torn.

A healthy mixture of both.

Yes.

Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Holy and unholy do not mix.

You sound like a Harkonnen dog, the day of the jihad is coming for you soon filth.

I am, ironically, a free man.

No

He is Allah, [who is] One.
Allah, the Eternal Refuge.
He neither begets nor is born.
Nor is there to Him any equivalent

>6. The devil was speaking to Mohammad, not Gabriel.
>the devil told Mohammed to resist the devil and to worship God alone

That's because the God who created the Earth is Satan, or as he is known, The Demiurge

Satan has to cover his tracks. He's not stupid. He wouldn't have been able to fool millions of people into following Islam if he didn't set it up correctly. Satan knows he's an asshole, btw. It's totally reasonable to assume that he would call himself an asshole if he was roleplaying as Gabriel.

>haha i totally tricked them into worshipping God

All prayers directed to Allah go to Satan.

Islam was never good and has always had a purity complex.

>he thinks prayer actually works like that
>all middle eastern christians are satan worshippers

>has always had a purity complex
no it hasn't

Anyone who prays to God is praying to Satan.
The Supreme Being cannot hear prayers through the celestial barrier.

>is limited by a barrier
>the barrier is therefore equal or greater in power to the supreme being
>there are either two supreme beings or the barrier is the actual supreme being
o glorious barrier bless me with your protecting glory

Wrong, the Supreme being is governed by a more supreme being, Zurvan.

so zurvan can hear my prayers?

Yes, but it doesn't care. Only Mazda cares for Mankind

is zurvan the all powerful creater of the universe?

Not really, the Ash'ari school isn't that different from the Mutazilite one. In fact, al-Ash'ari used to be a Mutalizite for a long time.

Not really, it's the thing from which the Universe descends. The Demiurge, The Wicked Spirit, is the creator of want, while Mazda is the governor of Order.

Mazda's order over His wicked brother is limited by Zurvan, and this is why the world will end, as his order is expended and chaos grows rampant.

Martin Luther was a Catholic for a long time...

Christianity, there, thread ended.