I've only been on this website since 2015, but why is this website as extremist as it is and also anti-semeitic

I've only been on this website since 2015, but why is this website as extremist as it is and also anti-semeitic
(i'm not jewish myself but i have jewish friends). Where did it come from Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Ryne_Goldberg
bbc.com/news/world-europe-jersey-31868491
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

disgusting

It started on /new/ back in 2010-2011.

but why anti-semitism specifically? why not some other race like the indians?

Veeky Forums has had a culture of edginess. calling people niggers and such was/is normal. i'm sure that, plus the anonymous nature of posting/no need for accounts, attracted people with radical views. and maybe some took the joke seriously, or found all the (((jews))) stuff meme-worthy and repeated it.

there's also the conspiracy that /pol/ was outright invaded by Stormfront members in either a migration or a concentrated effort to spread their views on a marginal-yet-somewhat-popular website full of youth outcasts

care to elaborate?

I've only been here since 2011, but never went on /new/
I remember that /pol/ used to be heavily libertarian

'the Jews are secretly running everything and actively ruining it for us' is a centuries-old meme

the fact that Jews are over-represented in places like Hollywood; the pre-purge Soviet Communist Party; and academia (namely the social sciences) surely helps maintain this view today

Why don't you try lurking more instead of posting retarded threads that don't belong on Veeky Forums you fucking faggot.

It was on /n too

The combination of anonymity, edginess and a sense of community driven by loneliness from modern society.
As somebody who has posted from 2011 to 2015 on /pol/ and occasionally from 2016 to 2017, I've noticed that there are far less genuine voices than there used to be and due to positive feedback, the extremism of Veeky Forums has just exploded recently.
Also the election/recent exposure of Veeky Forums has led to potentially hundreds of thousands of posters who didn't understand the culture and forced it to become this grotesque caricature of what it really was.
Not defending early /pol/ since it was hateful and bitter, but I just can't deal with the shit posted there now. It's just so fucking dumb.

Reminder

What tactics did they supposedly use?
I occasionally browsed stormfront before /pol/ got big and honestly it was /pol/ that influenced the rhetoric of neo-nazi sites and not the other way around.
Also the whole 'JIDF' shit was a meme and shitposting and EVERYBODY knew it.

/new/ was /pol/ before /pol/. It was meant for news, current events, political discussion, shit like that. The Stormfront saw excellent opportunity in it to expand elsewhere and the board got swarmed with them. In the meantime /new/ got taken down and /pol/ was created. The stormfront presence has only become stronger since then.
>I remember that /pol/ used to be heavily libertarian
It was. I mean they unironically shilled for Ron Paul.

Stormfront said that Veeky Forums was too degenerate and stopped posting after a few months of finding out about Veeky Forums (after a b raid)

JIDF is real but Veeky Forums was never in its domain.

You don't understand the true nature of Veeky Forums child.

Its for the Lulz, it was always for the Lulz until cancer came and took that away from us.

I've been on /pol/ a few times and I don't understand how anybody can be there for long periods of time, it's the same 5 threads over and over again and any threads that can generate discussion that isn't filled with insults are drowned out by generals and BTFO threads. I mean, on Veeky Forums at least the shitpost threads are kind of funny on it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Ryne_Goldberg
Read this first if you haven't already, shows the kind of mindset that Veeky Forums posters can have.

Reminds me of that ISIS larper from Jersey who got arrested for posting shit on /int/.

NEETs wanted some external problem to blame their shortcoming on rather than try to self improve their lives.

Even if the Jews control the world, do you think shit posting on Veeky Forums about Holocaust denial is going to help you get laid so you can save the white race?

lol who?

Fuck. I am high.

>spelling correction

bbc.com/news/world-europe-jersey-31868491

he was an /int/ regular, he used to make troll threads about jihad, going to Syria, the caliphate, etc. He got carried away a bit and this happened.

there's a better version but it's too big for this board

>Since 2015
There's our answer; here's yours:
ANONYMITY.

Christ..

PRO TIP: CNN has secretly bought Veeky Forums and is going to dox everyone in 6 months.

Fucking newfags

Will CNN even be around that long

it was always present, Veeky Forums has always been super edgy it's why everyone says nigger and faggot but anti semitism is more politically charged so everyone things it's extra edgy
politically, Veeky Forums sticks to whichever side lets them play video games and watch anime in peace. republicans used to rail against both and for a long time this site leaned hard left. but everyone still called each other nigger and faggot and made jew jokes because they're not like those square republicans who are too pussy for dark humor.
internet feminism rose as a response of /b/ raiding the biting beaver. after the onslaught, they became more organized, and started launching attacks against online video game and anime culture as an indirect attack on Veeky Forums, SRS was a big part of this. the irl left flocked to this, driving Veeky Forums further right. today the left decries video games and anime has sexist, antitrans and other shit. so Veeky Forums shifted right, and everyone kept calling each other nigger and faggot and making jew jokes. but now it's no longer cool and edgy it's hate speech and needs to suppressed because politically right leaning people are doing it.
anyways this post doesn't pertain to a topic older than 25 years so fuck off you kike-nigger-faggot

A lot of boards are just the same threads every day. Quite literally in some of the slow as fuck boards where some threads can last days, weeks or even months in the case of /po/

Requesting the screencap of user describing stormfront's infiltration as you described

Veeky Forums is a contrarian site. /pol/ in particular, rather than "incorrect" should be called "politically contrarian'. It started off liberal back when people were still relatively liberal, it became ultra-conservative when liberals started to get loud and mainstream.

It will become liberal again if the conservative views manage to get a strong hold on people again, and so on, and so forth. A lot of the Veeky Forums liberals are either newfags or very old-fags, generalizing of course.

Nevermind

back when people were still relatively conservative*

This.

Veeky Forums isn't really conservative, we're all fucking degenerates. There are multiple /pol/ threads a day on /lgtb/ for fuck's sake. It's just a trend that will probably shift again when the wind blows in the other direction.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, enjoy your ban.

>all those newfags ITT

Just looked into /lgbt/ for the first time. Why is it like 90% about trans people?

Because this is a primarily male site.

This. Nu-/pol/ is fucking shit up

>TPP being passed
>usfag on /pol/ giving me detailed reasons why Warren will choose to be VP

>2016 /pol/
>Entire threads hoping warren becomes VP so Hillary can lose
>memeing about Pocahontas

True. I'm just surprised it's not mostly non-trans gay guys.

>usfag on /pol/ giving me detailed reasons why Warren will choose to be VP
Choose not to be

The trap meme has gotten into a lot of people, and they've already realized that it's pointless to try without going full in.

HELLO, JEW; I SEE YOU.

STOP SPAMMING YOUR SUBVERSIVE VENOM ON THE BOARDS OF THIS WEBSITE; JUST SHRINK BACK INTO YOUR HOLE, SUBHUMAN.

>unironically
You say that as if it's a bad thing
Ron Paul is a champ

calm down you autistic mongrel

Go on /int/ some time. Indians are universally hated there. There are more threads about them than jews.

Probably because Veeky Forums is the only place on the internet that doesn't ban it, outside of sites dedicated to hardcore antisemitism.

If antisemitism wasn't so heavily policed on other parts of the internet it would probably be just as prevalent, makes you think.

/pol/ was never liberal

Neither were the two politics centric boards that preceded it /new/ and /n/

Stop pushing your shitty narrative

Veeky Forums as a whole wasn't some tree-hugging gay nigger lover site, but it was full of autistic borderline anarchists who hated the government. You know, the cool edgy thing to be back in the 90s and 2000s. You can still see some of those in the boards with more oldfags.

>the boards with more oldfags.
Such as?

Veeky Forums, /m/ or even /toy/
Shame what's happening to /m/, too, they're becoming like old /v/ where they hate what they used to love. I've heard people say /a/ is very elitist and somewhat oldfag, but I got told to go back to /pol/ for saying nip once so I don't know.

/a/ has quite a lot of oldfags, but you might not notice because it's also a pretty big board.

There's also /n/, /po/, Veeky Forums and /vr/.

is that why those boards tend to be better than say /v/ on average?

I think it's just due to them attracting more adults than children in general.

It is just the sudden influx of newfag for whatever reasons ruins board culture. Read up on what is Eternal September effect