Good Samaritan

>Good Samaritan
How has this term slipped past the PC Police?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OIVB3DdRgqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Insert peep show sketch here

I don't like that show because that one guy looks like a 40 year old lesbian

Which one?
I love that show.

Nobody knows what a Samaritan is. A liberal's idea of a minority is the second largest organized group of humans on Earth

Samaritans don't even live in the places that have a PC culture. Or maybe because the term itself is irrelevant to race and comes from a biblical story?

youtube.com/watch?v=OIVB3DdRgqU

sorry I confused Peep Show with That Mitchell and Webb Look

>Or maybe because the term itself is irrelevant to race and comes from a biblical story?
Pretty much this. The Mitchell and Webb bit is funny, but misses the point of the parable. Jesus wasn't point out the actions of one Samaritan and saying it was exceptional, he was specifically using a person his disciples would view as an outsider as an example of a "neighbor" they should love and emulate.

i also hate lesbians my brother

you're not wrong, but the show is funny

The ancestors of the (((PC Police))) are the ones who coined the term.

Context?

they aren't there anymore so they can't complain

that's also why "To defeat the Hun" is allowed

Instantly thought of this too

Hey fuck you, you posted this in /tv/ too

>they aren't there anymore so they can't complain
excuse me, I happen to live right next door to them. They exist and they are weird af

Samaritans are a near-extinct ethnoreligious group. The Israelites split into two groups during the Assyrian invasion: Jews and Samaritans. Once the Assyrians left Jews and Samaritans fought over who was the "rightful heir" to the Israelites. They fought over where the Temple was supposed to be. They were brothers and would constantly switch sides but they fought and didn't trust each other. There used to be a million Samaritans during Roman times, but with the Samaritan Revolt along with the Arab invasion (Arabs didn't consider them "People of the Book" since they had never heard of them) they number less than a thousand today.

Good Samaritan, from the New Testament, implies a negative connotation for Samaritans. It's like if you hate Jews, or Black people, but one is good so they are a "Good Jew," or a "Good Black." That's the point of the story. A Levite, and a Jew walked right past the injured Jew, and it was the Samaritan that was the one to help him.

>The Israelites split into two groups during the Assyrian invasion
Tbh, the Samaritans were a mixed people of the indigenous Northern Israelites that remained and the other miscellaneous peoples that were imported in by the Assyrian empire.

Both Samaritans and Jews are deeply offended by this story, since it >implies not only that a good Samaritan is a rarity, but also juxtaposes the "goodness" of the Samaritan against the wickedness of the Jews.

who is this cucumber bomber?

Samaritans are Hebrew thru the male line and Mesopotamian thru the female, this is why they trace their lineage thru the male line and why they are considered to be gentiles or even mamzers by Jews.

>Samaritans are Hebrew thru the male line and Mesopotamian thru the female, this is why they trace their lineage thru the male line and why they are considered to be gentiles or even mamzers by Jews.

Heh, didn't know that. I guess the Assyrians wanted that Samarian booty.

Looks like Nigella Lawson, or maybe Emily Barry.

It seems as though the settlers the Assyrians placed in Samaria didn't do very well, and their womenfolk saved themselves by marrying local Hebrews and converting to their faith.

Well they did cling to the Hebrew faith when the (metaphorical?) lions started wrecking them.

They converted after marrying local Hebrew men.

>Nigella will never snort coke off your dick and make you diabeetus-inducing brownies after she gives you a soapy titwank with her big mommy tits
why even live

>That's the point of the story.
No it isn't, it's exact opposite of the point. Jesus tells his followers to treat everyone like neighbors, and they ask who their neighbors. He then tells a story that features people who would easily be considered neighbors not helping a man, and another person who wouldn't, being the one to actually help him. He ends by asking them who was really a neighbor to the injured man. The point isn't "Hey, he was a good Samaritan, can you believe that?," it's that your neighbor, the person you're supposed to love, can also be a person you wouldn't expect.

If you want to extrapolate any commentary on the Samaritans, Jesus is acknowledging that his followers would have a negative attitude towards them, and is challenging that.

You clearly misinterpreted what I said. The fact that out of all the people who would help the Jew, it was a Samaritan, which was why it was crazy. To say "Good Jew" would make no sense because they were already Jews and would expect it. It's obviously teaching that a stranger can be better to you than your brother.

This. "Good Samaritan" is like saying "good Nazi", the point was that Jesus' followers would not expect kindness from a Samaritan.

Sorry if I did, but you really didn't word your point well, then. Saying that "Good Samaritan" implied a negative connotation for the Samaritans and that it was used the way a racist would refer to a "Good Black," implies you meant a meaning along the lines of the Mitched and Webb sketch.

Yeah I understand, I admit it was a stretch of an analogy.