If Christians are right, there are BILLIONS of people in Hell IN THIS VERY MOMENT

>If Christians are right, there are BILLIONS of people in Hell IN THIS VERY MOMENT

Including your mum

>finite amount of sinning in earthly life
>infinite amount of suffering in afterlife
nice "just" god you got there christians

Their fault for refusing to worship, love, and obey the almighty. This is his reality, you just live in it.

>every aborted fetus is in purgatory through no fault of their own because it didn't have the chance to be dunked in some magic water

you literally cannot make this shit up

No, the Church teaches that Grace is mediated by the will and Mercy of God.

Well, you get to go to Heaven after purgatory, so they only have to endure a little bit of cleansing fire.
Not so bad. Also, Saints can intervene, and I think they'd pluck up any of the babies

I thought they got limbo?
I don't get this either
>there are billions of people on earth THIS MOMENT

Nah, God forgives those people too. Hell is only temporary, if at all.

In the secrets of fatima.
Hell is mentioned with a lot of lost souls

That's purgatory. Hell is where all the baddies go for put, or at least until Judgment Day.

Although, I can't imagine many serial killers and rapists getting their sentences commuted

>333
>Trinity
Dayum nigga we screwed

Anyways if cucktianity is real then only 1/100000000^1000000000 of humanity since the beginning of time is in heaven while the rest is in hell

>this is what Catholitards actually believe

HELLO, JEW; I SEE YOU.

STOP SPAMMING YOUR SUBVERSIVE VENOM ON THE BOARDS OF THIS WEBSITE; JUST SHRINK BACK INTO YOUR HOLE, SUBHUMAN.

Thats why you have to be good in this life. Is it so hard to be a good christian during that finite amount of time in order to receive infinite goodness in heaven?

Trinity is 1-1-1

>If Christians are right, non-Christians will suffer for not being Christians
>If Muslims are right, non-Muslims will suffer for not being Muslims
>If Jews are right, we'll all be fine whether or not we are Jewish or not as long as we live up the covenant of Noah

I hope the Jews are right.

>we'll all be fine whether or not we are Jewish as long as we live up the covenant of Noah****

Shit

This is wrong. If Jews are right, everyone just dies, including Jews, but one day God will come back and bring the Jews back from the dead and let them live happy ever after. Honestly it's the most believable of the religions, as it does not necessarily imply the existence of a metaphysical God. Problem is you can't just worship God. You have to be one of the chosen people and that's something that runs on your veins.

Yeah, but all the non Christians love anal sex and degeneracy. Hell's probably like a Paradise for them.
Also, the Christian conception of Limbo was basically like most afterlives of most religions, just a place where you sit.

>This is wrong. If Jews are right, everyone just dies

What are you talking about? Do you not know of Ha-Olam Ha-Ba?

More like trillions, actually probably more. Even if the world was only 6000 years old there's A LOT of dead people. Millions die every year, it's just not noticeable because more are born to replace them.

>There have been trillions of Hominids

All children go to heaven. Also purgatory is like multiple orders of magnitude better than hell, and it's only temporary. This is also where the vast majority of people end up immediately after dying.

>If Christians are right, non-Christians will suffer for not being Christians

That's just Lutheran autism.

all you need to do is ask for forgiveness

>>If Muslims are right, non-Muslims will suffer for not being Muslims
not necessarily

Most people go to purgatory. Hell is only for those who have committed deadly sins and haven't repented.

Basically only the lowliest of scum ends up in hell. Most people end in purgatory and go to heaven after X amount of time, and only a few select people go straight to heaven.

Only if you're eternally wicked. Purgatory is a finite punishment for a finite crime. Are you telling me some tosser like Gacy wouldn't murder kids for an eternity, provided the opportunity.
Get fucked, Russell.

>You have to be one of the chosen people and that's something that runs on your veins.
I know this is a very unpopular thing to admit on this site, but I was interested in conversion to Orthodox Judaism at one point, and it is implied that a convert sheds his skin when he becomes a jew, which means that you are one if you go through the arduous task of Orthodox Conversion (something I didn't have the will for, they actively discourage you from conversion and only the strongest willed can)

they get out eventually

Assuming that we're talking about catholic theology, only those who believe in Christ will be able to enter purgatory if I understand it correctly.

Yeah, but Limbo was basically just the Pagan afterlife anyway. The Romans and Greeks and all Mesopotamians just thought the afterlife was some generally unpleasant plain where you just exist forever.

>Are you telling me some tosser like Gacy wouldn't murder kids for an eternity, provided the opportunity

I mean if anyone was given an eternity to do anything they want they would eventually do literally everything

Yeah, but that'd be his go to. Point is, he's a shithead

It is never specifically described by Christ AFAIK. I wouldn't think it makes much of a difference, non-believers are hold basically to the same standards as believers in all other catholic doctrines.

Would make sense for non-believers to go to purgatory for not believing maybe.

Depends on if they were ignorant of Christ or intentionally ignored his message. If I were a Theologian, I'd argue that the Harrowing of Hell sets a precedent that all those ignorant of Christ's message aren't responsible for not knowing him. So some guy in 789 China isn't responsible for not knowing who Jesus is.

>You have to be one of the chosen people and that's something that runs on your veins.

This simply isn't true. My cousin converted to Orthodox Judaism after marrying this rich Jew. Ivanka Trump is as Jewish as King David, and Ruth.

Ignoring his message can mean many things, tho. The church has changed the core ideas over time, but I've personally never read a passage where Christ condemns non-believers. In this case I would imagine "ignoring his message" could mean acting against the will of god, or in other words, being a total twat, which gets you a ticket to hell either way.

Since it isn't faith, but rather your good actions, what take you to heaven, in Catholicism anyway, I would have to assume that non-believers end up in purgatory too.

>If Christians are right
They aren't

Well in Catholicism it's impossible that we can do enough good works so that our merit is equal in value to heaven and so its only through Grace that we can enter Heaven which is a freely given gift.
Grace is only received through faith and sacrament so it's not really fair to say that you can enter heaven through 'good actions'.
I am not trained theologian though so I don't speak for the Church.

idk i read the Quran it talked a lot about hell

Yeah, that's how most people end in purgatory. Nobody stays an atheist after walking trough there tho.

I remember reading something about how the gates of hell are locked from the inside, so the sinner would refuse to let go of his sins even when under torment
this is the only damn interpretation of hell I can think of that still makes god look all loving and whatnot

around 100 billion to drive the point home some more
I mean, even the Buddhist hell is fucking hardcore, with even infants having to go there because "they haven't done enough good deeds in their earthly life", but the time there is limited unlike christian eternity
fuck that shit

Trump was a mistake

Consciousness and afterlife are genuinely disturbing, because almost none of it is good. If you don't believe in anything you have nothing, and most religions have pretty terrifying afterlives. Even though you'd retain no memory of your previous lives with reincarnation, the idea of being stuck in a loop of life is genuinely disturbing with how much suffering man goes through.

Quran is a gigantic book, i doubt you did
but anyway

the quran's definition of kafir or infidel is someone who sins on purpose (not just because he is misled or just ignorant) or sins while knowing the consequences
kafir does not mean anyone who isn't just a muslim, it means anyone who has thorough knowledge of islam yet chose not to convert

>and by thorough knowledge i mean real fucking knowledge not just reading some quotes and shady hadiths from thereligionofpeace.com or david wood's videos

I don't know about Buddhism, but I insist, almost nobody ends in hell in Christianity.

Don't be such a faggot, life on earth isn't miserable or horrible. It's almost always as full of joy as it is full of sorrow.

You know what would be the most disturbing hell?
being conscious while in nothingness
>seeing nothing, hearing nothing, just you and your eternal solitude and insane boredom forever
>do we have a word for this?

The hadiths in themselves are a very good read, I wish more people have read them. Islamic text is very fascinating as is and a lot of the content is very out there and would make for good music videos (as childish as that may sound)

>do we have a word for this?
sleeping

Sounds kind of like an extreme version of Purgatory/Hades.

That may be but many many hadiths are falsifications by the early pagans, miscarriages or simply made up shit

the only 100% authentic hadiths are the mutawater hadiths

>implying you are conscious while sleeping
>implying you aren't dreaming while sleeping

meh, you're barely conscious, that's why sleeping passes fast

imagine seeing nothing but blackness and hearing nothing for 10 hours without any ability to wake up on command, now that's something

Who is this fine specimen

Time wouldn't pass at all outside if you are...Well...Outside of time.

It would be weird. You'd have a lot of time to think about stuff.

not this fucking shit again

more interesting thing is what effect it'll have on your mentality/psyche
i think it'll drive you fucking nuts

do we have accounts of people being kept in sensory deprivation for extreme amounts of time?

>Short-term sessions of sensory deprivation are described as relaxing and conducive to meditation; however, extended or forced sensory deprivation can result in extreme anxiety, hallucinations,[2] bizarre thoughts, and depression.[3]

Compared to a paradise afterlife, life on earth is a mixed blessing and I think Buddhism is based around escaping the cycle of reincarnation.
That's very disturbing, how can one even falsify what nothingness is? Is it like passing out without remembering your dreams?
This, too. I imagine it would be very scary.

>bizarre thoughts
go on..

>Five people reported seeing hallucinations of faces, six reported seeing shapes/faces not actually there, four noted a heightened sense of smell and two people reported sensing a "presence of evil" in the room. People who scored lower on the first test experienced fewer perceptual distortions; however, they still reported seeing a variety of delusions and hallucinations.

>While meeting with his counsel, they reported Padilla exhibiting facial tics, random eye movements and unusual contortions of his body. According to them, Padilla had become so "shattered" that he became convinced his lawyers were part of a continuing interrogation program and saw his captors as protectors.[13]

>After the two days and two nights the subjects noted that their inability to sense time, as well as hallucinations, made the experience difficult. Of the six volunteers, three experienced auditory and visual hallucinations—snakes, oysters, tiny cars and zebras. One was convinced their sheets were wet. Two seemed to cope well.
When complete, the tests that the subjects took before the experiment were conducted a second time to test its effects. The results indicated all volunteers' ability to complete the simplest tasks had deteriorated. One subject's memory capacity fell 36% and all the subjects had trouble thinking of words beginning with a nominated letter; in this case, the letter "F". All four of the men had markedly increased suggestibility, although this was not the case with the women.[18]

>all those children who were scared that they will burn in hell later turn into atheists because they didn't actually believe, just were scared
>or because heaven was so nice and their dead pets will find them

Kek. Fucking christians.

>have over typically 80+ years to humble yourself to God and ask forgiveness
>Nearly any sin is forgivable if you truly recant (something which atheists mock)
>HURR Y I GO TO HELL!?

Nope, I don't speak for heretics but Catholics don't blame non-Christians who are genuinely ignorant of Christianity and God will judge them appropriately.

>In His reality His people are a minority

Really makes you think.

>if my childish interpretation of Christianity is right

Fify

Is there a good English translation of Sahih al-Bukhari?

>If alex jones is right there is an illuminati cabala turning frogs gays and eating our babies

>everyone born before God remembered to send his son down to Earth is in hell for not believing in the true god

A hundred billion, more like.

Well Catholics believe Jesus went down to hell and saved all the good people. I don't know what Protestants believe.

>If Muslims are right, non-Muslims will suffer for not being Muslims
I'm pretty sure that Jews and Christians can go to heaven in islam, they just have to spend time in Hell first

Anyone with an atom of faith ends up in heaven if hadiths are to be trusted.
Muslims who did more bad than good also have to spend time in hell.

CCC 847

>This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

>Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.

Accept Christ.

hell doesn't exist in time retard. on the realm where hell exists you're already burning and suffering eternal agony for being shitposting faggot OP

>HURR Y I GO TO HELL!?
Because god actively fated you to reject him.
>hurrrrr im such an utter fucking complete dipshit i sincerely believe that free will can exist at all, let alone in the same universe as an omniscient being that directly and explicitly negates its possibility of existing

Reminder in the case you already forgot it. There are people in Hell as you read this. Think about it.

Jewish God
>Do good on Earth and be a good person, and he always take care of you and love you, for you are my child
>Do bad and sin and hurt my children and he will bring down my full power on you
Christain God
>Do good but don't specifically worship him, and you'll go to hell No matter what
>Rape children and worship him, and he'll let you into heaven

>memorizing all this arbitrary and made up shit
i like playing games, too. they all have their rules, TOO. XDDDDD

I'm not religious but wasn't Christian hell put on ice (lel) beofre the judgement day?
I mean God is supposed to judge ALL people, living AND dead.
That would logically mean hell (and heaven too) currently conatain no humans.

>be born with a clear differentiation of good vs evil
>n-no, my book knows better

If there is a hell it's populated by christians

hail satan

Including Bomber Harris

Does anyone else find the logic of Pascal's Wager baffling? When I first heard it I honestly thought it was setting up a refutation of religion.

>if the believer is right the atheist suffers infinitely, if the atheist is right nothing happens to either
Okay but what are the chances the believer picked the correct god? If you gave yourself over to Christ, you're utterly fucked in a Muslim scenario because you rejected the oneness of Allah. And you rejected earthly pleasures so you lose more than the atheist.

You've seen the chart showing your odds of winning Pascal's wager for each religion right?
My problem with it wasn't that oversight, it was the blatant disingenuous nature of the wager. It seems like a line of logic that a hypothetical god would shake his head at, not that it isn't true, but that the premise of it is devoid of any good-natured faith of any kind, its kind of just for shits and giggles.

Don't forget the vastly more common early-term miscarriages. Purgatory, or possibly heaven, is probably covered in a thin bloody layer of tiny dead babies.

what if you where bullied in school but you die of old age, will you still see your bullies in heaven? assuming they where good boys and dindu nuffin serious in life and where actually good christian, is just that they bullied you.

Or what if you meet again with people you don't like?

total number of humans ever lived is estimated around 100 billion

Also the longer god waits to come back, the more aborted babies go to hell

Why did God harden Pharaoh's heart?

>Most Christians don't think that dogs go to heaven
What the fuck?

>retards who can't even think will automatically go to hell

Bro have you seen the documentary All Dogs Go To Heaven

The fucked up thing is that over 50% of pregnancies result with a miscarriage. If the soul is made with the zygote, it means that most human souls in the afterlive were never even born.

The nature of an unredeemed heart will produce sin indefinitely. You could try to justify infinite punishment in this way.

Consider God's point of view. He has to let you into his home for ETERNITY. He has to make sure you'll behave yourself. You can't just come to heaven's gate like
>AWWW C'MON GOD I was only an unrepentant asshole for that ONE life you gave me, lemme in I'll be good I promise!

You have to repent in the here and now.

You're more or less right, but most people get their idea of heaven/hell from Dante.

After death, you go to the abode of the dead (Hades) where you may taste what is to come in heaven or hell, depending on how you lived. The part of this afterlife for saints is called Abraham's bosom.

That is the Particular Judgement, but the Final Judgement comes at the end of times and affects all people who ever existed. Just then will people go into the actual lake of fire or into the Heavenly Kingdom.

Some did get direct entry into actual Heaven, though, like those who never died, like Elijah.

> he has to make sure you'll behave yourself
He can always mind control you directly with his omnipotent powers or something like that. There literally no need for hell.

It isn't like he even has a home being omnipresent and everything.