Brave Frenchmen hold the line so that anglos can retreat back to surrender island

>Brave Frenchmen hold the line so that anglos can retreat back to surrender island
>70 years later
>anglos: WE WUZ SAVIORS OF DUNKIRK t. Chris Nolan
What did tea sipping surrender sailors mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_diesel_oil
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_oil#Bunker_fuel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Again and again, the film feels like a depiction of suffocation, and underscoring this is its deliberately British perspective on events.

>The Germans are never seen — there are no cutaways to enemy pilots, for example — and even the French appear on the fringes.

>At one point a group of them tries to join their British comrades in the chaotic throng on the Dunkirk mole, only to be met by an officer who barks "only British".

>It's one of several troubling moments that keeps a sense of jingoism at bay.

>french depicted as cowards for trying to join the british

cnanot make this shit up

How did you reach that conclusion from that description?

See

About to go to sleep because Southerner, but fuck you frog.

Brits, make your stand against this loony continental.

One of the reasons why when I read a good war story, I retract my initial thought of "This should be a movie!"

I mean, just look at how they fucked up Hacksaw Ridge. Thankfully they only did a shit job at highlighting Chris Kyle, instead of a legend like Carlos Hathcock.

>cnanot make this shit up
But that's what you literally just did

The eternal anglo strikes again.

Someone should make a story about the Korean who was captured by the Japs and forced to fight for them. He fought against the Russians, was captured, and as a Russian POW he was forced to fight against the Germans. The Wehrmacht captured him and subsequently enlisted him as a soldier, sent him to France to protect the coast against possible invasion by the Allies. His story ended when he was captured by the Allies in France.

This sounds like a great way to cover the whole World War from opposing sides.

>Brave Frenchmen
So brave they managed to hold their nation for a whole forty six days before total capitulation.

They lost hard but you shouldn't say that about their bravery. They fought hard where they could.
But yeah, that was some humiliating Moss.

S A L T
A
L
T

The koreans already did, its called My Way and it was absolute garbage. Did not do Yang Kyoung Jong justice, although the actions scenes weren't half bad.

k e k

Still twice as long as the time Germans lasted in 1806

It's a movie about 400000 dudes trying to cross the channel while getting bombed.

I'm sought of glad they did. There's no way France could win, better to just give up now and save the country from basically being leveled.
Can you imagine what Paris would look like after months long bombing campaigns and intense street fighting? How many beautiful buildings and artifacts would have been destroyed? For a war that had become un-winnable?

>living in the past

okay pierre

>Germany
>1806

There was no such thing

Was this movie historically inaccurate?

Yes. Tom Hardy wasn't even alive back then.

>French unable to defend their own country
>Require British ships to rescue them from their own incompetence
>Blame the British and stay salty for the next 70 years

More like Brits requesting the French ships to save their 300 000 who didn't even fight and ran away at the first gunshots, only to bomb the French fleet a bit later

> who didn't even fight and ran away at the first gunshots
Kek, there was a 16.6% casualty rate in the BEF during the campaign

>only to bomb the French fleet a bit later
Because the cowardly French fleet refused to continue the fight, or even sail into friendly waters, holy shitting God

See the movie 'My Way'. Somewhat fancied up.

Most of the Asians in that position were Mongolians. Pressed into service by the U.S.S.R., captured by Germans, sent to North Africa to 'reinforce' Rommel, then sent to Normandy where they were captured by U.S. after D-Day. Imagine being some ignorant goat herder on the steps of central Asia and ending up in places you never heard of.

1940 isn't the past ?

I can see your crooked teeth from here, Anglo

>he resorts to ad hominem when disproven

Have you seen the film? One of the only times a french soldier gets time on screen, it is when one is smuggling himself secretly onto a british vessel. Badically desertion. That makes no historical sense considering 100k french troops were evacuated as part of the operation. It's anglowash tier.

The media is completely controlled by the Anglo narrative.

not him but I thought the french did try to disperse their navy on purpose so that it couldnt fall into german hands

I'm tired of this anglo revisionism shit

normally it wouldnt be a problem because films like thqt obviously belong in the entertainment section, but you already know some retards are going to take it as academically valid.

Not yet, I 'll probably do so next fortnight, but reading professional criticism of the film like
it doesn't sound like a whitewashed portrayal of the British and it seems /int/posters will always bring their baggage into the theater and read what they always actually wanted into the film.

How do you make a movie out of this? Didn't the Germans just decide to not attack for a few days and the allies used the respite to run away?

Dude thats a straight up lie and you fucking know it.

The film opens with brits running from Nazis and the French forming a defensive line and telling the Brit to jog on whilst they bravely fight. The next time we see them is them trying to get on the ship with the Brits. Fucking hell the film ends with the commander noting how he will stay with the French, and if that isnt a compliment to them i dont know what the fuck is

TLDR stop spreading shit

Hitler ordered Runstedt to halt as there was a power struggle in high command over tanks. Hitler was more than happy to murder the French and Brits even using special bombs to get more casualties.

Brits/french bailed, and the fact 300,000 men crossed in 8 days is pretty fucking impressive

bump

>anglo "allies"

>So brave they managed to hold their nation for a whole forty six days before total capitulation.
Are we forgetting Poland? They didn't even last 46 days before capitulating.

It wasn't Germany by name but Napoleon took on the Holy Roman Empire and won.

I liked hacksaw ridge, the first hour was boring, but that first action scene was amazing.

As I understand it the idea of british citizens hearing the call go out and taking off for dunkirk in their own boats to pick up sailors was largely the product of propaganda. It did happen, but was a very small percentage of evacuations, most of which were on military vessels. Of the small boats the vast majority were operated by navy sailors who just grabbed the boats and took off with them because they didn't want to waste any time trying to find their owners.

The movie never seems to make any great claims of scale though. You never see more than about a dozen small boats at a time, and there are plenty of naval vessels.

The germans are never showed in this movie ?

nope, there's a scene at the beginning where a small patrol takes fire and is wiped out but you never see where the shots are coming from.

Later on a group of brits hide in a beached boat and wait for the tide to come in to unbeach it, but before that happens they start getting shot at by Germans. You never see who is shooting them because its entirely shot from inside the belly of the boat where a distressingly high number of holes are being shot into the boat causing it to start taking on water and sink.

In the air battles you never see any of the German pilots, and none of them bail out. The spitfires take fire from tail gunners on german bombers at a couple of points but you only see the machine gun start firing.

I hadn't actually noticed that until that post pointed it out.

I know there was a historically inaccurate use of the word "cool". That's about as far as my definite knowledge goes, although I also thought it seemed kind of weird that naval vessels appear to run on crude oil.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_diesel_oil

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_oil#Bunker_fuel

Last line in the film "I'll stay, for the French"

Maybe you should watch it?

Oh, it's this thread again.
Reminder; Britain did not "win" WW2 for the allies.
Britain did not beat Germany. Britain survived Germany.

People seem to for some reason imagine WW2 as America and Britain buddy-copping it save europe forever when suddenly russians did a thing and suddenly it was over.

The reality is France got their shit pushed in so hard and Britain really would have met the same fate were they reachable by land.

Britain gets a good rap because they stood up to Hitler, but Britain's survival comes to little more than sheer luck of being just slightly too much of a cunt for Hitler to have to try and invade.

America didn't beat Germany, UK didn't beat Germany, Hitler's retardation and the Soviets beat Germany.

The "Britain hid on a rock" thing is retarded because Britain gave it their absolute fucking best and should be commended for that, but the idea that they stood even a modicum of a chance against unlimited kraut autism isn't juts silly, it's outright denial.

American Logistics+Soviets are what fucked Germany in the ass.
Even the Nips surrendered but America wanted to test their sickass new bomb and send the Soviets a message so they nuked them and then let them surrender.

Britain did not win in WW2 and arguably shouldn't really be considered a major player. Battle of Britain was neato, that's really it.
But by fuck did they throw absolutely everything they had at the Kraut; there's some honour in that.

You only see them at the very end taking tom hardy prisoner, and their planes if that counts

France had months to prepare and it wasnt attacked from every side. Also the French had British forces supporting them when Poland fought alone.

Pretty pathetic considering while the rest of Europe was plunged in War (WW1) Poland was free to focus on their military and economy. In the end they got humiliated by a country ravaged by that war (Germany) and outlasted by the country that suffered the most from it (France).

Watch the movie cunt. Tom Hardy was big guy

saw it last night. Its nothing like that at all. They show the French troops throughout the movie, and the first time you see them, its a lost englishmen in the city who encounters them and they all give him the stink eye. Its really a nerve racking movie due to the soundtrack.

Also beautiful cinematography, if you love history at all you should watch it. No love interest or any shit like that

Stuff it up your ass surrender froggo.

Your empire is dead whenever the Anglo wishes it to be.

Germany has raped Paris.

Lmao

This

>Americans didn't beat Germany
What the fuck
Americans kicked them out of North Africa and pushed from the west while also providing a majority of raw materials and other supplies to both the British and Soviets AND while defeating Japan in the Pacific essentially alone
The soviets had more dumb bastards die and that's about it

>and it wasnt attacked from every side
Poland had lost worse than France even before the Soviets set a foot on their soil. There was no Polish force left not encircled by the time the Soviets invaded.

I guess spouting the "muh Double Dagger" theory lessens the pain, but Germany had Poland completely beaten on September 17th.

That's why everyone says American Logistics+Soviets won the war. In terms of boots on the ground fighters the Soviets absolutely stomped them, while America was more the puppetfucker.

The main point here being that Britain didn't really make an impact.

Seen the amazing reviews so went today and it was like a 6/10 film, I'm Irish though so I never really got into the hail britiania we wuz saviours thing it tried to portray .

Thanks, never knew it existed. Will watch out of curiosity.

>Britain didn't really make an impact.
We were fighting hitler alone and created the turning point of the war (Battle of Britain). Hitler even said before his death that we were instrumental in his defeat.

The Netherlands capitulated after 5 days

The failure of the Germans during that whole shit show was on Hitler being autistic about bombing cities instead of airfields and radar stations.

Also there was no way that Germany could land an invasion.

fucking wew

germs had fuck all ability to do anything to britain

Is this a meme

Yeah, because it wasn't like radar was a new brilliant invention, obviously all the military leaders knew that was the best thing to target.

Unrelated, but the guy who played the non-Tom Hardy pilot was like ridiculously handsome
no homo

>Hitler even said before his death that we were instrumental in his defeat.
Not saying you're wrong, but could you source? i'm curious.