"If we had not used the atomic bombs, far more people would have died in a conventional attack"

>"If we had not used the atomic bombs, far more people would have died in a conventional attack"

How about just not attacking? The Japanese military was already crippled. And you are separated by the Pacific.

They were afraid Japan was going to become communist.
On a similar note, I feel a lot of people forgot Japan was in the Axis, and commited Nazi-tier war crimes against mainland Asia.

>Why not just not attack the enemy that's warring with you without achieving any sort of armistice or surrender
>Just let them recoup and come back for more

The U.S.S.R. had plans to take more than Hokkaido from Japan.

>Get attacked
>Dont force the attacker's surrender when you can win
This is the mindset of a cuckold

They were never going to surrender you dumb weebposter

The alternative was that USA remains in a perpetual state of war with Japan firebombing cities until it's all ashes. They would surrender eventually but the atomic bomb just speeded things up
The Soviets didn't have capacities for a naval invasion like USA did, they didn't even have proper fleet.

>stop attacking these people who keep attacking

For the weebs though, anime wouldn't have existed if it wasn't the cultural exchange that happened after their surrender, I am getting more disdain for weebs though, even if I like manga.
It's been a while since I've read up on WWII, but did the US know that?

>nazi-tier war crimes
so they did literally nothing

Even if they had no particular info it was obvious that Soviet Pacific fleet was weak as fuck, it was completely made of light ships. It couldn't compare with Japanese, let alone American naval force in the Pacific.

Most of Soviet capital ships were stationed in the Baltic.

>No, Harry, you can't play with your new toy yet
>Buuuut, mooooooom
>You can't just bomb those poor Japanese folks, son, you know that
>FRANKY WAS GONNA
>Franky was going to use them on Berlin, son
>But MOOOOOM, the European Theatre is OVER
>I said no, son

That was terrible, you weeb

>1945
>opinions other than the USA even mattering

literally the beginning of their global hegemony, stay mad

It's the greentext this thread deserves

The only this thread deserves is get nuked you retarded weeb

two nukes wasn't enough
sage

You fucking autustic mongs.

OP clearly meant to besiege the islands not just "don't attack". That said it's still a dumb idea if your aim is to save lives. Far more would have died from starvation and conventional bombing than died from the use of atomic weapons.

Is it really feasible to besiege Japan efficiently? Plus, if you only blocked Honshu, they'd come at you with everything

Reminder that more people died in the firebombing of Tokyo than in nuked Nagasaki.

If anything prolonged conventional bombing would take even more lives. Entire Japan would be in ashes.

Because, frankly, they didn't give a toss about Japan or the Japanese. In their eyes, those cunts had it coming from every angle, and weren't worth one dead marine on Hokkaido beach.
That sounds pretty mean, but I bet every one of those soldiers cheered when they learnt the war was over without setting boot one on Japanese soil.

>It couldn't compare with Japanese
well I mean that's not really an issue in 1945 is it?
Didn't even need the navy, just ship the army over in cargo ships, especially if ones going after Hokkaido of all places.

>Soviet navy was weak as fuck lmao amiright XDDDD
When will this meme end?
It wasn't nearly as strong as the US fleet but its not like the americans would try to stop the soviets from invading japan because they didnt want to risk a war in europe.
And the japanese fleet could clearly not fight the americans and stop the soviet invasion at the same time.

Honestly if we had let the Soviets invade any parts of Japan, they'd probably be a shithole like the Koreas or Vietnam these days.

If The Soviets had invaded part of it, or if America had just invaded conventionally, modern Japan would be a Philippines-tier wreck at best.

Honestly the way things went are probably the best series of events Japan could've gotten.

Nice meme

>>Just let them recoup and come back for more
Much of the population would have died from starvation and exposure over the next winter.
Japan was getting weaker, not stronger, with every passing month.

When the Russians invaded Sakhalin (amphibious assault, their first and only) they did not find a single gallon of fuel on the entire island. No avgas, gasoline, kerosene, diesel, alcohol, bunker, etc. No troops reported engaging or even seeing moving vehicles on land, sea, or air. Japan was finished.

>meme

nice desktop background

Reminder that Japan would have surrendered conditionally much earlier, but the US were huge autists that wanted it to be unconditional. Even though they let Japan keep the emperor in the end.

>letting the japanese fall to communism

Sounds like the atomic bombs were a good thing then since it brought in US aid to a shattered population.

Yeah, an invasion would have been terrible, a blockade maybe even worse, and worse than either would have been Japan occupied by Russians.

>How about just not attacking?
For what reason? Little American blood would need be shed to achieve unconditional surrender.