Now the dust has setteled, who were the bad guys ?

Now the dust has setteled, who were the bad guys ?

There were no good or bad guys in this conflict. The eternal nationalist struck France like it struck every other multiethnic empire. They fought harder to retain Algeria than anywhere else because it was considered officially a part of France. And much like the US in the Vietnam War, they won militarily but could not pull off a decisive victory against an underground opponent, leading to an eventual collapse of public support for the war.

When I watched that film, even though it's told from the Algerian perspective, I was surprised at how neutral it is. The French torture and guillotine rebels, but the Algerians see no problem in bombing civilian quarters. It's quite remarkable on the accuracy front.

France always goes too far. fuck those cunts, they're worse than the krauts and anglos

now they're getting KARMA'd by algerian diaspora rioters/criminals

The level of JUST 1940-1960 was for France is hilarious.

The 20th century was not kind to them.

Both used terroristic methods, so if you have to find the better guy you must look at what their goal was.

And algerians had the right to self-determination, as a people ruled by another always ends up destroyed (see what happened to the Guanche or the native American).

No good guys but France was the bad guy

By the way here is a piece of feminist propaganda used to try to destroy the traditionnal gender roles in Algeria.

Algerians had every right to fight for independance

Might be biased since I'm French, but both were pretty shitty in the end.

One tortures its opponent while the other bombs civilian areas. Both shit on the Harkis in one way or more. (Arguably Algeria's been the worst to treat Harkis, especially after the war but eh.)

>traditional
the niqab isn't traditional to algeria you saudi cocksucker.

>algerians
>people

It does not matter niqab or hijab you nitpicking autist, the point is that traditionaly women didn't dress to look pretty for strangers, only for their husband (and it mostly is still the case today), and late french propaganda tried to undermine this rule.

Niqab wasn't traditional anywhere, it's a 19 century novelty. It's progressive in a sense that it allowed middle-to-upper class Muslim women to leave the house sometimes.

France also bringed prositution and drug production to Algeria, because muh mission civilisatrice

Fuck the surrender monkeys,Algeria was the good guy and they are eternal bro tier
T.egyptian

France objectively did nothing wrong but defend its interests. Algeria's HDI has been in freefall ever since.

You need to be 18+ to browse this site.

Obviously the french were the good guys.

For their interests they did nothing wrong. But Algeria also did nothing wrong seeking independence.

Colonizing Algeria was never in France's interest, it was an ego thing from begining to end.

My favorite part was the civilian bombings by the women. Not trying to be edgy but the tension in those scenes plus the music and done by beautiful women was perfect.

People are not destroyed when a new power conquers them, they are synthesized.

>synthesized
Expain