Automation and Post Scarcity

Guys I'm not ready for automation nor the post scarcity society. I can't fathom not having to work. I feel disgusting and uncomfortable when I don't have work to do for prolonged periods and not having a job right now is killing me even though I don't need the money right now. I don't know if I am alone in this and I worry for how society will manage itself once we reach that point. Every time I see a post scarcity society in sci-fi, it seems oddly soulless to me. Does all this mean that we are going to essentially be coasting for the rest of eternity, diving deeper and deeper into ennui?

Soon our machine overlords will give us the communist paradise.

>being such a wagecuck that you get depressed if you spend too long without getting orders from Boss Shekelstein
user-kun...

god I wish I had your fucking problems, the last time I've had close to a year all for myself, I've had the most fulfilling time of my life

Anyone who gets sad about not having work in a post-scarcity society should be euthanized for their benefit and everyone else's desu.

I'm not even a wage cuck. I just have the need to feel useful. I feel the same way when I am at a friends house for dinner and can't help with dishes.

>I feel the same way when I am at a friends house for dinner and can't help with dishes.
I've never understood a person less than I understand you. What the fuck is wrong with you?

you could try to create something

amen, we need new kinds of politicians to fix this

the ideal man is a white christian masculine father of 4-7 kids who works every day to provide for his family

>can't fathom not having to work. I feel disgusting and uncomfortable when I don't have work to do for prolonged periods
>posts on Veeky Forums

Lmao fag

Most people here are NEETs here anyway

>Guys I'm not ready for automation nor the post scarcity society.
Good news, because we won't have a post-scarcity society ever at this rate. Modern society is so opposed to hand outs that it seems unlikely that we will suddenly shift to either providing everything for free or giving people money for existing.

Hey idiot, there's always going to be a way to make more money. Welcome to the idea economy, friendo. Like the Pet Rock. The guy made a million dollars.

>I can't fathom being anything other than a brainwashed drone
How miserable.

This.
People will fight UBI and other programs tooth and nail and blame increasing permanent unemployment on the unemployed.

Well... Its going to happen.

People die. Times change.

So many things with that pic are right and wrong simultaneously.

>The wealthy elites are going to just give up their wealth, power, and influence so we can live in a post-scarcity world

No, you twit.

Maybe it's because our work defines us. As humans we like to create things and see ourselves in our creations. Everyone needs something to do.

Plus we'll never be post-scarcity, the profit motive demands scarcity and it is too deeply rooted an economic drive to be deselected without force.

>The Second Renaissance plot.

HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHA.

whats this from

You can do a charity work. Like be a volunteer worker in hospital or library, or warn people that faggotory and feminazism is wrong for free.

Take up a hobby.
Any hobby. I'd recommend painting/drawing, fairly easy on the budget, takes a long time and a lot of effort to get gud.

Hey guys, remember when resources weren't infinite, and that nobody could own them?

Boy I'm sure glad I live in the free stuff timeline.

t. ""minority""

Wtf? You could work as hard as you want at anything you want if that makes you feel good. Or do you think work is only something you do so you get paid