Pepsi once bought a Soviet Fleet

smarthistoryblog.com/2016/11/22/pepsi-had-its-own-soviet-war-fleet/

"In 1989, the initial deal between the government of the Soviet Union and PepsiCo was about to expire and a new three-billion-dollar deal was made.

This time the vodka bottles were not enough to pay for the soda and Russia used what it had plenty of at that time – military equipment.

Altogether 17 submarines, a cruiser, a frigate and a destroyer were given to the Pepsi Company in return for the constant flow of sugary drink that the Soviet people had learned to love so much.

The acquisition of those submarines made PepsiCo – at least for a few days – the 6th largest military power in the world by the number of its diesel submarines. These vessels were then quickly sold to a Swedish company for recycling."

Additional sources in the article.

Coke is best soft drink, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

So did the Soviets accidentally beat the Americans to a version of Pepsi Crystal?

>The World called for wetwork, but we didn't answer.

Yes, Crystal Coke was literally the marxist leninist plot.

I don't know anybody IRL who prefers P*psi. Everytime I've seen one near me has been because there was no Coke at the store or something.

lmao are you memeing or is this real?

Pepsi took over my local bagel store and pushed out the Snapple. What a load of shit. Fuck them.

I do like the taste of Pepsi, though. Diet Pepsi uses sucralose.

Back to the oven, Goldberg.

Oy vey, you don't have to be Jewish to like bagels. I'm just a simple Gentile.

Zhukov pushed for transparent cola being made for him in secrecy, so you can consider that as some kind of communist plot.

Crystal Pepsi of course, is a different story, maybe it was inspired by the success of White Coke with the Soviet elites?

Thats nothing. Chiquita Banana got in troubled nuerous times for hiring south american death squads to protect their business. They even lobbied AGAINST the justice against sponsors of terrorism bill because some of the groups they were paying out were defined as terrorist groups by the US and most south american countries as well

>One executive for the company penned a note which proclaimed that the payments were the "cost of doing business in Colombia" and also noted the "need to keep this very confidential — people can get killed.

> We ruined entire country of Honduras!
How cute.

>when a coks can touches a pepsi stand, breaking the NAP, giving Pepsi justification to launch a full nuclear retaliation

but you do need to me jewish to like sucralose, schlomo.

Nah

That´s a clear violation of the NAP. Why didn´t Coca Cola retaliate?

Holy shit any other similar cases in history?

OP here, idk, but I made this thread to find out.

/pol/ was wrong it wasn't the jews it was soft drinks all along

Remember that time a tea company bought all of india in exchange for killing pakis?

>small consumables and western frivolity helped destroy communism simply because America was so laid back and capitalism hadn't warped to corporatism yet
>mfw McDonald's, Pepsi, and Pantera along with literally ever other metal band ended up stomping communism to death simply because commies hated fun and people were starved for western freedumbs

Proud to be a burger desu

I've known a few people who prefer Pepsi. They were all white trash. My guess is the sweeter taste appeals more to people who are used to eating shit quality food that's loaded with sugar.

Related.

Coke has this distinct almost like a burning sensation when it goes down your throat. Pepsi doesn't have that and that's the problem for me.