present to the senses.

When I look at our Earth,
all I see is dead people.
Humans never existed.

I am that awareness,
space-like immortality
giving knowledge Absolute.

I want what you're smoking

All that awareness and you couldn't even get dubs.

If everything is an illusion then why vegetarianism and non-violence? What does it matter?

learn to be alone. then it comes.

Duality is the cause of suffering.
There is no cure for it, other than the realization that all objects of experience... are unreal.

How wonderful I am.
Glory be to the Self.
To whom nothing belongs.
And to whom all belongs.

Bearing the universe for all eternity, without touching it with the body.

Instead of a variety of distinct entities like the world appears, everything's all just one unified awareness twisted around on itself. Harming what appears to be other creatures is bad in the same way stabbing yourself in the gut is bad.

Yeah but so is eating vegetables and brushing one´s teeth.

Vegetables don't have nerves so it's OK to eat them in the same way it's OK to cut your hair. If you just set aside the concept of autonomy and focus on suffering instead, it's pretty easy to see what causes more suffering vs. what doesn't. When you beat and murder an animal it'll probably express a lot of suffering. A better argument would be whether it's OK to kill animals in a way where it's painless and they never realize it's coming.

But according to Vedanta, on the one hand, everything is Brahman, not just living beings, and not just living beings with nerves, so you have no basis to discriminate. On the other hand everything is an illusion, inclusing nerves, pain, suffering, the distinction between sentient and non-sentient beings is illusory and so are the so-called sentient beings themselves, as well as human morality and sentimentality concerning those. Therefore the difference animal, non-animal, living or non-living beings is artificial and illusory.

The system is inconsistent.

Nobody said living things without nerves aren't Brahman. Your hair is still a part of you, that doesn't mean there isn't a different between cutting your hair and cutting your wrists.
>everything is an illusion, inclusing nerves, pain, suffering
You need to not be distracted by illusory things like suffering in order to have a chance to realize it's an illusion in the first place.

>Duality is the cause of suffering
On the tip of my tounge

>You need to not be distracted by illusory things like suffering in order to have a chance to realize it's an illusion in the first place.
But this too is ultimately meaningless since "you" don´t exist anyway. Only Brahman exists, never changes, and is indifferent to whether non-existing egos with their non-existent thought "realize" this or not.

the paradox is, you are That but also the body-mind

Another way to put it:

A carnivore is an ultimately unreal phenomenal non-existence eating another piece of (the same) ultimately unreal phenomenal non-existence.

A vegetarian is an ultimately unreal phenomenal non-existence NOT eating another piece of (the same) ultimately unreal phenomenal non-existence.

What they think or feel about it with their ultimately unreal phenomenal non-existant thoughts and feelings is irrelevant. What they do or refrain from doing is also irrelevant.

All that exists is Brahman.

Therefore vegetarianism doesn´t make sense.

>Only Brahman exists
It depends on which variety of Hinduism you're talking about. There are traditions that differentiate between atman and brahman, traditions that say they're ultimately the same but represent different equally real aspects of that same thing, traditions that differentiate between brahman and maya, etc.

Fucking checked

I´m talking about the variety that relates with the individual portrayed in the OP, as this was not (explicitly) a hinduism thread.

You're currently entangled in the illusion and thus subject to karmic reactions. A liberated being can consume meat and perform any action, as he no longer considers himself to be the cause of his own actions, he's detatched. Once you become detached from an action the karmic fruit becomes null and cannot harm. You are conditioned however, and must abide by regulations up until that point or you suffer the result of negative karma. Additionally, one should cultivate compassion for other souls in terms of non-violence, seeing how you too could be in their body suffering their ills.

It's one thing to mentally know that it is all Brahman, it's liberation to experience all as Brahman.

the result of one's action is beyond his control

he can only put in the work

But this explanation only works for those sects of Hinduism that claim that the individual jivas are different from supreme Brahman, and that there is "something" in you to be liberated at all. It doesn´t work for Advaita Vedanta.

Hence I think that the school of Ramanuja is more consistent than that of Shankara. The latter ultimately defeats itself.

Individual souls are equivalent with Brahman, but not with Parabrahman. Atheistic philosophies like Vendanta claim realization of Brahman to be the highest truth and nothing more. Bhakta traditions acknowledge the existence of the impersonal Brahman, but build off of this by claiming that there is indeed a higher truth than this impersonal Brahman conception, namely that of Paramatma and Bhagavan.

So impersonalist philosophies will always fail in this regard as they do not ultimately grasp the absolute truth. Even the great impersonalist philosopher Adi Shankara himself said to "Worship Govinda, you fools," pointing to the higher Bhagavan.