PSYOPS/PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE

I am currently writing a publication on psychological warfare but most of it relates to current events, however the introduction includes a brief history of Propaganda, Public Relations and PSYOPS so I'll dump some of my sources here and see if any of my fellow Veeky Forumstamines can further enlighten me on the subject.

I'll start by dumping the 1947 CIA Sabotage manual which was handed out to subversive groups in countries they wanted to destabilize

cia.gov/news-information/featured-story-archive/2012-featured-story-archive/CleanedUOSSSimpleSabotage_sm.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y3qkf3bajd4
youtube.com/watch?v=BINQ4jiQFsI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_Masks_Case
mega.co.nz/#F!m00SjRRA!R_I9wzUTEhSN6spP35TyZg
youtube.com/watch?v=2KXnylBVXD4
youtube.com/watch?v=3WUKirWJnAE&t=74s
youtube.com/watch?v=xkhT4DhZzWQ
rand.org/pubs/monograph_reports/MR661.html
rand.org/blog/2017/07/russian-information-warfare-a-reality-that-needs-a.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Eldest_Son
youtube.com/watch?v=DnPmg0R1M04&list=PL6pY_60DybELxkbu23bC6NahuxF1edoVw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra
bluemonarch.freeforums.net/thread/10/machine-illuminati-handling
godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2945015/pg1
vigli.org/Avalon/The-Matrix-Deciphered_Robert-Duncan_Nov-2010_276p.pdf
deprogramwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
whale.to/b/mind_control.html
whale.to/b/persinger.html
au.af.mil/info-ops/perception.htm
metatech.org/wp/spiritual-warfare/network-stolen-consciousness/
ce399.typepad.com/weblog/
skewsme.com/mind_control.html
insightstatutes.blogspot.com/2012/08/mk-ultra-joseph-p-farrell-ted-kaczynski.html
mindcontrolfordummies.50megs.com/
cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/mind-control/
godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3032038/pg1
godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3200794/pg1
bibliotecapleyades.net/montauk/esp_filadelfia_4.htm
montalk.net/matrix/67/the-art-of-hyper-dimensional-war
apfn.org/apfn/oz.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wandering_Soul_(Vietnam_War)
youtube.com/watch?v=4d9H_1ygEv8
youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3yaNjIY4Ihttp://bluemonarch.freeforums.net/thread/10/machine-illuminati-handling
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3yaNjIY4I
famguardian.org/Publications/Shaping_The_Decline_Of_USA/Shaping_The_Decline_Of_USA-Coleman_John.pdf
wikispooks.com/wiki/File:Tranceformation_america.pdf
goodreads.com/book/show/560419.Trance
bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/mindcontrol/mindcontrol_index.htm
wikispooks.com/wiki/Document:Project_Monarch
pdf-archive.com/2015/01/12/david-mcgowan-programmed-to-kill/
netteandme.blogspot.com/2015/04/part-1-of-20-strange-but-mostly-true.html
info.publicintelligence.net/SSCI-MKULTRA-1977.pdf
druglibrary.org/schaffer/history/e1950/mkultra/AppendixA.htm
druglibrary.org/schaffer/history/e1950/mkultra/AppendixB.htm
druglibrary.org/schaffer/history/e1950/mkultra/AppendixC.htm
docs.google.com/document/d/1e58rw_uulApyqezyzZm8qmAkwRWfvCl7JZHkIgE2Ju4/edit
cha3u.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/45668088/Conspiracy Theories in American History (2003).pdf
cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/links-to-the-hole/mind-control-sensemaking-cognitive-infiltration-knowledge-engineering-tbmc/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zersetzung
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_measures
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Next, an interview with KGB agent Yuri Bezmenov, who was tasked with manipulating the public perception of the UDSSR in western countries. Very interesting IMO, and quite entertaining due to Yuri's sense of humor.

youtube.com/watch?v=y3qkf3bajd4

Next, a testimony by a victim of MK ULTRA, the CIA mind control program which included the torture and drugging of civilians. I will get drunk now, and check in periodically to see if there is interest and dump more accordingly.

youtube.com/watch?v=BINQ4jiQFsI

I have heard that Machu Pichu was some sort of Psychological weapon. Have you heard this/understand it? Or any other pre-modern examples of psychological warfare?

Amazing thanks OP

Yes, there are. Supposedly there was a scripture in Ancient India teaching propaganda as a form of Assymetric warfare. It was called Arthashastra and dates to 300 B.C. I believe.

No problem, I got most of the things I know about Psyops from here, so I consider this paying my dues.

I need this, please.

As for the Machu Pichu thing, I have not, but I'll look into it and dump whatever I can find here.
made me remember en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_Masks_Case
There supposedly is a connection between mountains in south america and spiritual/psychedelic movements though, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I had a mega link for a bunch of books on psychological warfare/manipulation somewhere. Give me a sec

It is not a topic I would recommend anyone to look into, but essentially the CIA used drugs, torture and sexual violence to create sleeper agents that were unaware of their nature due to multiple personality disorder. This was the follow-up to project ARTICHOKE in which they got people addicted to morphine and heroin in order to break their will. What makes these things especially disgusting is that they used civilians and children for their experiments. Supposedly they stopped since then, but it is rumored to still be going on under the name MONARCH.

Sorry fucked up the link

mega.co.nz/#F!m00SjRRA!R_I9wzUTEhSN6spP35TyZg

These provide some pretty good links into information warfare:
youtube.com/watch?v=2KXnylBVXD4
youtube.com/watch?v=3WUKirWJnAE&t=74s
youtube.com/watch?v=xkhT4DhZzWQ
rand.org/pubs/monograph_reports/MR661.html
rand.org/blog/2017/07/russian-information-warfare-a-reality-that-needs-a.html

Thank you, based anons, I'll try to internalize as much of it as possible

For a little more fun bit, have a clip about the 23th Strategic Platoon who mindfucked Nazis with inflatable tanks.
Magicians and artists were also used to design new types of camo around that time which led to pic related

Also, this hilarious guy posed as NKVD officer and infiltrated the Soviet defense, then called for a retreat, allowing the Wehrmacht to enter the city without a fight.

"Psychological" Warfare is a fucking MEME. It is NOT real, it is bullshit that fuels schizophrenics and conspiritards.

Keep this fantasy to /pol/ or /x/ idiot

Next up, I expect every Veeky Forumspanic to know about Punji sticks and the like but did you know the Americans left sabotaged ammo for the VC to find to undermine the trust in their chinese weapon suppliers?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Eldest_Son

Plenty of sources in this thread, you fucking waste of space. Read up, or are you trying to imply they are purposefully falsified to create distrust and confusion? Because that would prove my point.

Just to emphasize how much of a useful idiot (or shill) this user is, the guy in my pic is Edward Bernays, the father of public relations and nephew of Sigmund Freud who was employed by the Americans to create fears about a communist menace in Guatemala which led to a coup d'état. Not that this user would ever be aware of such things because all he knows about history is Total War and Stirnerposting.

Who is Edward Bernays?

You, I like you.
This is for everyone who don't know about Bernays and want to know how the sausage is made
youtube.com/watch?v=DnPmg0R1M04&list=PL6pY_60DybELxkbu23bC6NahuxF1edoVw

I kinda feel bad for this user. When I researched that topic for the first time, my insomnia went from Cokehead- to being chased by Freddy Krueger-tier for a while.

>google image search
>bunch of /x/ tier spoopynati stuff

sure is summer on Veeky Forums

>MK ULTRA doesn't exist because normies don't like to talk about how their government drugged and raped children
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra
I don't know how someone this new could develop the balls to call someone else a summerfag.
As has been established in this thread, psychological warfare has existed for thousands of years in various different forms and you don't know shit about how life works.
I wholeheartedly encourage you to consider suicide or at least a vasectomy to keep your special kind of retardation from spreading.

In fact, let me copy the important parts since your attentionspan seems to be impacted by your condition.

>The operation began in the early 1950s, was officially sanctioned in 1953, was reduced in scope in 1964, further curtailed in 1967, and officially halted in 1973.The program engaged in many illegal activities, including the use of unwitting U.S. and Canadian citizens as its test subjects, which led to controversy regarding its legitimacy. MKUltra used numerous methodologies to manipulate people's mental states and alter brain functions, including the surreptitious administration of drugs (especially LSD) and other chemicals, hypnosis,[citation needed] sensory deprivation, isolation and verbal abuse, as well as other forms of psychological torture.

The scope of Project MKUltra was broad, with research undertaken at 80 institutions, including 44 colleges and universities, as well as hospitals, prisons, and pharmaceutical companies.

tl, dr: you are an ignorant piece of shit or being paid to pretend to be, either way, no one will take you seriously

But do not worry, good guys win cold war.

The cold war is over? I thought russian agents were interfering in foreign elections around the globe with their vodka-fueled hacking skillz.

What I meant was, how do we know this image is related to MKultra and how did it leak ? I'm interested in the traceability of a phenomenon for which i thought only written documents existed. Thank you for the wikipedia links.

It apparently surfaced around 2006, but noone was able to identify the source or the girl in the foto, which is unsurprising considering it was probably taken by a doctor or nurse who would consequently have to fear for their lives and livelihoods due to the nature of the organization they were fucking with.
What I can provide you with is a sketch of the sensory deprivation chambers they used along with a Photo of a man suspected to be Leonard Cohen in said tank. All records on their experiments on children were destroyed, however, due to the fear of a massive class action lawsuit eating up their black budget.

Picture number 2. Supposedly captioned with "Mcgill hebb experiment 1953". But since all of the victims who came forward are extremely traumatized and often suffer from MPD and none of the perpetrators were ever brought to justice, we will never have much evidence to go on. That being said, I think it's retarded to call a program which is on the official congressional record "/x/-tier conspiracy theory" or call psychological warfare a meme like this spook over here

Sorry for calling you a summerfag. I find it important to make a clear distinction between strong evidence and supposed reconstruction, especially for such a case, in which the perpetrators aimed at the victims ability to reconstruct any narrative. What makes this whole subject interesting is this thin line between real horror and sensationalism.

HG wells wrote about "The Open Consipracy"

I think the army puts out a yearly, or at least periodical newsletter or report of all their psychological warfare.

I have a bunch of stuff but unfortunately its not with me right now, its somewhere where there is no internet.

also "The Art of War" has some things about psychological warfare

please note that psychological warfare isn't just about "inception", subversion, and coersion

psychological warfare is about using psychological tactics in war. of which many armies used them.
see
>warpaint
>berzerkers and using mushrooms before battle
>scottish bagpipers
>demoralizing tactics- lobbing the heads of fallen enemies back at your enemies camp
>giving polioinfused blankets to local natives in south america

psyops general post incoming
part 1

bluemonarch.freeforums.net/thread/10/machine-illuminati-handling
^^^ an illuminati handler talks about his trade

more stuff:
insightstatutes.blogspot.com/2012/08/mk-ultra-joseph-p-farrell-ted-kaczynski.html

more resources
programmers and handlers how they do what they do
a thread about DID
the montauk project
hyperdimensional warfare

apfn.org/apfn/oz.htm

Operation wandering soul.

Given the proper enviroment all this things work.

I think this a great example of this techniques on modern use.

LEAKED: MK ULTRA Programming Film
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3yaNjIY4Ihttp://bluemonarch.freeforums.net/thread/10/machine-illuminati-handling
^^^ an illuminati handler talks about his trade

more stuff:

more resources
programmers and handlers how they do what they do
a thread about DID
the montauk project
hyperdimensional warfare

apfn.org/apfn/oz.htm

Operation wandering soul.

Given the proper enviroment all this things work.

I think this a great example of this techniques on modern use.

LEAKED: MK ULTRA Programming Film
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3yaNjIY4I
Tavistock Institute book by Dr. Coleman -
famguardian.org/Publications/Shaping_The_Decline_Of_USA/Shaping_The_Decline_Of_USA-Coleman_John.pdf

Trance: Formation of America, 1995, by Cathy O’Brien and Mark Phillips*
wikispooks.com/wiki/File:Tranceformation_america.pdf
goodreads.com/book/show/560419.Trance
*The book that started it all - Cathy was the first survivor to describe her experiences as a former mind-controlled slave victim; thus, the existence of MKUltra is based on her assertions.

The Illuminati Formula Used to Create an Undetectable Total Mind Controlled Slave by Fritz Springmeier* bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/mindcontrol/mindcontrol_index.htm

wikispooks.com/wiki/Document:Project_Monarch

Programmed to Kill by David McGowan
pdf-archive.com/2015/01/12/david-mcgowan-programmed-to-kill/

Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon: Laurel Canyon, Covert Ops & the Dark Heart of the Hippie Dream by David McGowan
netteandme.blogspot.com/2015/04/part-1-of-20-strange-but-mostly-true.html - read the entire story free online in section here.

Joint Hearing before the Select Committee on Intelligence and the Subcommittee on Health and Scientific Research of the Committee on Human Resources, United States Senate, 1977,
PROJECT MKULTRA, The CIA’s Program of Research in Behavioral Modification
info.publicintelligence.net/SSCI-MKULTRA-1977.pdf
druglibrary.org/schaffer/history/e1950/mkultra/AppendixA.htm
druglibrary.org/schaffer/history/e1950/mkultra/AppendixB.htm
druglibrary.org/schaffer/history/e1950/mkultra/AppendixC.htm
the mind control resources forum document:
docs.google.com/document/d/1e58rw_uulApyqezyzZm8qmAkwRWfvCl7JZHkIgE2Ju4/edit

Other books:

Barkun, Michael (2003). A culture of conspiracy: apocalyptic visions in contemporary America. Berkeley: University ISBN 0-520-24812-0.

Mason, Fran (2003). "Mind Control". In Knight, Peter. Conspiracy Theories in American History
cha3u.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/45668088/Conspiracy Theories in American History (2003).pdf

Parfrey, Adam (1995). Cult Rapture. Portland, Oregon: Feral Press. p. 241. ISBN 0-922915-22-9.

John D. Marks (1979), The Search for the 'Manchurian Candidate': The CIA and Mind Control: The Secret History of the Behavioral Sciences, Penguin Books Ltd.
cybercosmopolitan.wordpress.com/links-to-the-hole/mind-control-sensemaking-cognitive-infiltration-knowledge-engineering-tbmc/
^^^^links to tons of other stuff and free pdfs including...

he Dissociation of a Personality

Monarch the New Phoenix Project

The_Big_Book_Of_NLP_Techniques_-_Shlomo_Vaknin

Runyon, Carroll – Magick and Hypnosis

Hypnosis–Dick-Sutphen–The-Battle-For-Your-Mind–Mass-Mind-Control-Techniques

ChainlessSlaves

Norton, Josh – MIB and Magickal Phenomena

Mind Control Using Holography and Disassociation

Physical Control of Mind

Patterns In Hypnosis [Complete]

The Search For The Manchurian Candidate – Cia And Mind Control

Operation Mind Control

NLP: Programming Frogs Into Princes

Trance-Formations Neuro-Linguistic Programming and the Structure of Hypnosis

Programming and Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer

Bodytalk—The Meaning of Human Gestures

Chasing Phantoms

Thanks_For_The_Memories (bryce taylor)
the vigilant citizen

what are your hardest orders to follow?

>What makes this whole subject interesting is this thin line between real horror and sensationalism.
I definitely agree with that, although I think that most popularized or fictionalized depictions of psyops tend to downplay what was actually going on. No worries about the bantz, I am not here to get offended

I appreciate the effort, I'll try to look into as much of it as possible although my timeframe probably won't allow me to integrate them in my publication. I gotta say I would have expected this thread to derail or die a lot sooner but I guess the shitposters are busy discussing the history of cuckolding or whatever.

I don't want to derail this thread, but seeing the McGill Hebb pic, I couldn't help thinking about voluntary sensory deprivation in isolation tanks aswell. Where is your publication going to appear and what is it about precisely ? Are you working on CIA ops or do you have a broader interest for non institutionnal experiments on mind programming ( for example new age scene, etc... )

As I stated in the OP, it's going to focus on psychological warfare as it relates to current affairs, It's actually pretty much my final exam, unless I go for a masters, which is hard to fathom right now.
I'll try to get it distributed by a publisher, but due to the subject matter I imagine the demand will be less than stellar, so I'll probably self-publish it as an ebook.

good luck then !

If that doesn't work out or no one gives a fuck, I can always dump the whole thing here for the enjoyment of my fellow anons. I was planning on giving out excerpts anyway, since this is one of the few communities that exhibit a genuine interest in the topic and other anons provided me with tons of sources, as they did in this thread.

Why, thank you. This thread has really been exceptionally pleasant, all things considered.

>all these people talking about Edward Bernays
Seriously dude, psychological warfare is a fucking meme, but information warfare and memetic warfare are like generally accepted facts. Look at this user: Rand Corporation and the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies are both very influential. The problem with psychological warfare is that people think it's all MKULTRA (like you said, schizophrenics), and not actually shit like Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty or USAID.

>psychological warfare is a fucking meme, but information warfare and memetic warfare

But they're the same: Subversive actions against an unsuspecting, often civilian population that aim to undermine their ability to reason and ultimately warp their perspective of reality.

Of course MKULTRA is one of the more extreme examples, but the goal of the program was to create unwitting sleeper agents so the CIA could carry out operations without risking public scrutiny, which makes it informational warfare, doesn't it?

>Radio free europe
sorry i don't really see a problem with broadcasting anti-communist messages into Eastern Europe
>USAID
Again, not really a problem with civilian foreign aid.

And I mean yeah, MKULTRA was fucked up, but they were literally using LSD to mind control people. It didn't work, case closed.

>It didn't work, case closed.
How in the fuck would you know? They never disclosed the results of their experiments with children.
I agree LSD probably isn't the ideal substance for such a task, but there are about 20000 new psychoactive substances discovered every year and the CIA has been proven to peddle them, so..

>sorry i don't really see a problem with broadcasting anti-communist messages into Eastern Europe
me neither, but a psyop is a psyop and should be identified as such.

Interesting that Yuri notes when members of the KGB or party elite rule military policy in the USSR it tends to be far more aggressive or opportunistic policy. But with professional military men in charge he believes it tends to be more conservative, restrained, and even more open to things like "nuclear disarmament."

Does anyone have any examples to back up Yuri's thoughts? In the US, of course, we have seen both aggressive military men (like MacArthur) and probably plenty more examples of military policy championed by aggressive career politicians or parties.

Pic unrelated.

One of the examples off the top of my head would be John McCain and how he was one of the few republican senators to speak out against torture. Also consider that in 2012, more military service members donated to Ron Paul, who opposed western interventionalism, than the other 2 candidates. I think it can be explained through incentives- the Party Members are incentivized to act more and more radically and idealistically to set themselves apart as true champions of the cause, while members of the military would be the first to die in an armed conflict, meaning that there is little incentive for them to push for it.

as for the nuclear weapons, well yeah, they're expensive and can't really ever be used so unless we're talking tactical nukes which I don't think were around back then, it's just a shitty investment from a strategic perspective.

wtf I'm spooked now. Thanks for the dumps btw OP.

As far as nuclear disarmament, there's an obvious institutional reason for the military to support it. No nukes means more tanks and aircraft and resources for the conventional arms.

You're welcome. I'll try to make em a regular thing since I think it might be more relevant to Veeky Forumsterics' interests than discussing who was the greatest general or who has the best cuisine, at least as long as we keep things well sourced and above /pol/-level.

This user is right on the button. I think even ze Autobahn would be a better investment from a military perspective

The only problem with Bezamov was that his entire job was deception. It makes it hard to believe if he was actually telling the truth, or if it was just chicken feed.

if only soviet subversion tactics were well documented ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zersetzung
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_measures
I'm sure he didn't say EVERYTHING, and I'm sure he wasn't as innocent as he made himself look, but what would have been his incentive to lie, aside from that?

>believing history has good guys

>Believing life has good guys
>mfw

Hello user, I would be very interested in reading your paper! Would you upload it to an academic site when you finish it? I'd like to keep an out out for it. Absolutely fascinated in the psychological pressures governments place on their people.

do you mean an aut aut you ignorant swine?

I'm not sure an academic site would take it, but I guess I can try, that would be hilarious.

Look at a dictionary. The words are defined with synonyms. The antonym of synonym is definition. See the trick? To be sad you must be happy. One state must be perceived externalized for the other state to be perceived internally. Knowing without knowing is intuition. Cognitive dissonance. The gas light of weaponized language. I hate to be the one to tell you this but we were born in hell.

I fucking love Escape from New York. Language as a virus, I think that concept was first verbalized by William Burroughs, but it must have existed before that.

> I hate to be the one to tell you this but we were born in hell

At least it's this hell has extra spicy memes