Veeky Forums, I bought 100BTC for around $110USD around 7 years ago or so

Veeky Forums, I bought 100BTC for around $110USD around 7 years ago or so.

At the time it was so fucking hard to withdraw, having to dick around with western union / libertywire etc. etc. and to top it off I was underageb& at the time so couldn't even register for most of the services needed to withdraw it in the first place.

I discarded the wallet / key, and now half a million dollars of MY fucking money is floating around somewhere. I wish this was a 'and then the whole bus started clapping' story, but it's not. It's like the one thing in life that I will always feel a twang of pain in my heart when I think about. Fuck me Veeky Forums, fuck me.

Other urls found in this thread:

securedatarecovery.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP get over it, it's gone, you're torturing yourself. Do something with your life and start making money with this technology. It's not over. It's still early as fuck and you can absolutely make a killing.

Imagine all the troubles and hardships in your life could've been resolved with that money. I feel sorry if this is true hope you get better soon.

you could have been rich but instead you will not have that money

Sorry for your loss
No one could have seen this coming, op. I remember googling bitcoin to usd some years ago and seeing it was 30 to 1 and thinking nothing of it.

wow op all those money, I'd probably kms

It's gone. Time to move on. If you lost it, you never had it in the first place.

No kidding, I just remembered getting slightly interested when reading all the hype about BTC becoming more valuable than the USD for the first time

so sorry you missed out

Money really doesn't make you happy unless you get like medical treatment for something bad. Remember that.
If you buy shit all the time it makes you emptier inside.

Are you sure you have no access to the keys whatsoever? Did you delete them off a hard drive?

Good call man. I'm currently working on building an exchange with a focus on being as simple as fucking possible.

I'm a technical person and work in IT consulting. Last week, my managers asked me to teach them about bitcoin and how to start trading it. Two thoughts entered my mind:
>fuck, this is gonna take a while, and;
>why is it going to take a while?

It's so fucking complex. Most people want to simply buy BTC with their credit card, and hold it in the hopes of it going up. With all the KYC laws and shit like that, it's impossible. I remember having to send double-sided photgraphs of my drivers license, passport, credit card, and hold a signed piece of paper with the exchange's name on it as a selfie pic, THEN wait a week for approval. Fuck that, I'm making an exchange that takes two seconds to buy bitcoin, and two seconds to turn it into cash. Would've made me half a million dollars already had it existed back then.

Damn!
That sucks op. You could have changed your life with that amount of money.

Yeah they were on an old Samsung Series 9 that had been factory reset / wiped at least thrice, and the HDD is corrupted as fuck right now.

I work in digital forensics and I spent months, literally like for three months straight I spent every spare waking moment trying to recover it - to no avail.

>Money really doesn't make you happy
Yeah, keep telling yourself that, poorfag.

Take it to a professional data recovery service.

Read the post till the end, dumbfuck.
I have everything I ever wanted right now.

In a lifetime, you *almost* strike lucky thousands of times.
Perhaps if you had bought a lottery ticket yesterday, the numbers your brain would randomly come up with would be the winning ones. Perhaps if you had stayed home instead of going out with your friends that one weekend, you'd have gone for lunch earlier and met the most perfect girl for you in the whole universe.
You are not aware of those things almost happening, so it does not bother you.
The btc thing didnt happen. Move on.

BTC wasn't worth $110 7 years ago, retard.

Maybe I should... but yaknow I used $150,000USD software, expensive as FUCK equipment (tableu TD3's etc.) and years of experience in criminal cases to try and forensically recover the information. I'd like to think that if I can't, no one can; but perhaps I should just invest in it.

OP here; best thing I've read in a while. Thank you for blessing me with the thirty seconds of your life it took to write; because it will legitimately make my life easier from here on out. Legend.

Hey don't worry I'm out about $200 million. Took out a small amount of savings in 2009, sat down, prepared to buy, and then decided naw. Now I'm buying fractions of a Bitcoin that could of made me rich when I first heard of it.

I can't remember now if it was 7 or 6 years ago, but around then - might have been mid 2011 or so. But essentially around 100BTC cost me a little over 100USD at the time.

Try these guys

securedatarecovery.com/

Im scared that a few laws will change or the some major whales will make moves and the whole thing comes crashing down for another year

fuggggggggg

100BTC isn't even worth 1M, so get over it bro.

I'm an Ausfag, but I'll look for an equivalent

Eh, sucks but such is life. I don't stay up at night thinking about it because it's not the end of the world. If you've exhausted all means to recover it then focus on what you can do next and forget about it.

It says they have locations in Melbourne and Sydney.

Yeah man, think nothing of it. You're a smart fellow in a great country. You'll do fine

If you had kept your wallet information, you would have sold them 100x over by now. When they were at $100 each you probably would have shat yourself and sold. You didn't miss out of a half a million dollars.

Ohshit didn't notice, I'll ask them for a quote and confirmation whether I can ship it across.

Cheers.

If you had bought it, guarantee you would have sold when it hit $30.

OP here; these are good points. In fact the moment it doubled in value; I probably would have sold.

Similar thing happened to me. Lost access to my old bitcoin wallet as well. All the money's gone.

Fuck yeah dude, don't be afraid to shill it when you're done, you've got me interested.

Clueless Nocoiner here. Why can't someone just purchase bitcoin with their credit card on a simple app like coinbase, then sell it when the price rises and obtain a profit in their local currency?

>very very early days of crypto
>had a low end novidya gpu
>was sad thinking buttcoins might be worth something or at least could make few poorfag bucks
>see a 5850 at sale super super cheap
>sold out
>figure I'll save more money and buy a new gpu later
>forget about buttcoins eventually

Knowing my assburger younger self, I could have been a millionare by now.

Hey whale, mind sharing the wealth a little bit?

1JgRGoybmMc.....

Oh wait, you're a no coiner

For me, coinbase is completely broken. I'm unable to buy / sell / exchange any kind of currency. This is despite trying with chrome, chromium, firefox, android, samsung internet, safari and iPhone. Simply didn't work. Additionally; they didn't provide certain functionalities for my country.

Lastly, I still had to upload front / back photos of my driver's license and credit card - which was near impossible with a broken site / app and took days to verify.

Lastly, my bank blocked the first two purchases because of high instances of fraud.

But breaking it down; people don't even know the difference between an exchange and a trading platform. You can easily fold it into one:
>buy BTC with your credit card instantly
>Your account shows your holding value
>Every day, shows in a dollar figure; how much money you've made and how much you've lost
>Regardless of how many more bitcoins you purchase

I use poloniex, but I still have a .txt file saying:
- "Bought 'x' ETH for 'y' BTC, worth 'z' AUD on this date"
- "Bought 'x' STRAT for 'y' BTC worth 'z' AUD on this date"

This is the only way to truly understand whether I'm doing well when my balance says "xxxx.xx USD". It should be way fucking simpler than that.

Additionally, normies / people without the time to invest in these things don't understand why the fuck / how the fuck you would invest in a particular alt-coin, for example. But they sure as hell understand the opportunity for profit.

So if you:
>have a platform which is so simple a five year old could accidentally buy bitcoin
>display their profits in a way so simple that a two second glance can tell you how much profit / loss you've made up to this point in time
>make it simple as fuck to cash out

then you're winning.

Also, to answer your question; you can do that. But it's convoluted as fuck, difficult and broken. You'll have to:
>arduously verify your identity
>arduously verify your purchase methods
>arduously re-verify your identity even further if you want to buy any more than $100 USD worth of currency in a week
>arduously re-verify and add more payment methods if you want to cashout more than $100 USD a week

You're not the only one. Relax. It was never meant to be. You can't take your monetary wealth with you when you die, so it doesn't matter. In the end, it doesn't matter, so find some peace.

lol @ thinking you'd have a million dollars. you'd have sold all your coins when it got to $100. 10k max you'd have made from that.

You can, normie. It's just complicated.

There's no proper regulation yet so the exchanges are asking for all kinds of documents as a preemptive measure, to be sure they do have whatever the taxman wants them to have when he comes

Also the credit card thing is difficult because of frequent frauds on the buyer's end. If you buy btc with your credit card and call the bank saying you never received the product or had your card stolen, the bank withdraws the payment. The burden of proving the delivery happened is on the exchange's side, and that's difficult with btc.