Prove that God exists.

Protip: you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U4mgZXylbIA
youtu.be/1zMf_8hkCdc
youtu.be/Vm647n1360A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HUMANITIES STRIKES AGAIN

Guess I can't. Well, that ends the discussion.

>Prove that God exists.
>Protip: you can't.

I can give you 1/1,000,000 odds God doesn't exist - and then some.

youtube.com/watch?v=U4mgZXylbIA

Chant the Hare Krishna mantra repeatedly and you'll notice a shift in your consciousness. Since God is absolute, Krishna is absolute and is nondifferent from his name and can be realized by repeated chanting.

>Prove that God exists.
You can't always prove your convictions, but it doesn't matter, you'll follow your convictions either way, you don't have a choice.

God is not merely a conviction, but an entity. Surely if an entity is real, and you can even know his thoughts and intentions, you can prove he exists.

Prayer.

you mean reason and logic ?

How does prayer prove god exists?

>but it doesn't matter

Well to some people it does matter if the stuff they accept as true is in fact true and exists or not.

But that's just reason and logic, keep giving your skydaddy company money that's the crucial point :)

what in gods name is the video. it seriously looks like you made it while tripping on acid.

Try it bucko? Or you too scared? God loves you, go talk to him, ask for a sign.

didn't work for me fampai

I've prayed to god multiple times in the past, nothing ever happened? Did I just miss it? Maybe it's because I said god instead of jesus.

Well how do explain ultrasuede then?

Tell God you are desperate. The Rosary is the most POWERFUL prayer you can say but it tames some time to get there. Just tell God next time you pray that you love him and are truthfully desperate to encounter him. He can't fail you. You may feel it in your heart or you may receive a sign. Depending all on how open you are to him. Let your vulnerability show, don't guard anything. Let him heal your WOUNDS. God Bless, im going to sleep. I love you.

>he hasn't watched all this schizophrenic namefag's fucked up youtube vids

My fav is the Natalie imbruglia torn one lmao

>The Rosary is the most POWERFUL prayer you can say but it tames some time to get there
lmao this sounds like prayer is some kind of magic ritual

Everything that begins to exist has a cause
The universe began to exist.
The universe has a cause.
"The universe" (or multiverse, doesn't matter) includes everything made of matter/energy, space and time.
Therefore the cause must not be made of matter/energy, isn't subjected to spatial or temporal restraints.

Example of a shitty objection
>BUT GOD DOESN'T HAVE A CAUSE UUUUH SPECIAL PLEEEEEADING
Things that begin to exist, begin, not just exist.

>Everything that begins to exist has a cause
objection: according to quantum mechanics there are particles that pop in and out of existence all the time without a cause

*takes some time to get there, it may feel like too much for you, so Work your way up, or honestly try it first time, God Bless

God IS existence. He is the continent ground for EVERYTHING. He is the great I AM. Honestly, it's mind AND soul blowing.

According to pop-sci bullshit maybe.

>In 1884, the United States hosted the International Meridian Conference, attended by representatives from twenty-five nations. Twenty-two of them agreed to adopt the longitude of the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, England as the zero-reference line.

>Based on a mark in an interior chamber naming the work gang and a reference to fourth dynasty Egyptian Pharaoh Khufu, Egyptologists believe that the pyramid was built as a tomb over a 10 to 20-year period concluding around 2560 BC.

God is beyond proof. God is a word that you get to tautologically define for yourself. God is something that you invent from nothing to believe in. God is a paradox that only exists for some.

He's a unironically a redditor called HonorableJudgeHolden. He used to be a generic alt-right /Pol/weeny but decided around a year ago that, no, he was in fact God due to synchronistic events surrounding his actions. Check out his own subreddit for an example of a schizo talking to themselves lol.

>Therefore the cause must not be made of matter/energy, isn't subjected to spatial or temporal restraints.
Okay, but this doesn't have to be god.

Well every proof for God can be contested desu. I usually believe that the proofs are correct, but I think it's because of the conviction that I have that God exists

What is the most convincing proof, to you, that god is real?

Well the people who care about the logical proofs of God are really just trying to find justification for their beliefs. No one is actually convinced by "logic and reason" when it comes to this topic.

I'm not the same guy but here you go
youtu.be/1zMf_8hkCdc

The argument from causation, the ontological proof, and the argument from desire.

> Things that begin to exist, begin, not just exist.
You can't just exist, to exist you need to begin to exist at the first place. God never started to exist and therefore doesn't exist. Simple as that.

Shitty arguments. To be honest. I would subscribe to the small possibility of the divine miracles being real before any of the metaphysical mumbo jumbo build on dubious considerations at best.

These are arguments for deism. Are you deists?

Prove that god dosnt exist.
Pro tip you cant.

If God exists, why prays doesn't work?
Checkmate, Christians.

Some of them seemed dumb to me at first, but after a while I realized they were probably right.

>These are arguments for deism.
Well most of these arguments were created by Christians. But yeah, you're right that these arguments only support the idea that God exists and nothing more.
>Are you deists?
Right now I'm a Christian, but I don't know much about other religions, so I'm going to study them, and I may convert in the process, Idk.

But you don't have to be a deist to believe those arguments. You can believe those arguments are sound and still subscribe to some monotheistic religion.

Watch this

Things beyond time and space can exist. Science and empiracle thought are inherently intertwined with time and space.

Can you show me some proofs for christianity?

I can prove a prophecy exists, therefore prove that God exists.

No.

If there is a god then i think that the best thing that god can do after the creation of univers is to leave it on its own.

>Check mate christian
Arguing aginst christianity only. Not theists in general.
I see you were pulled in to the church and you didnt like it and now you have an urge to be a rebel. By saying unproven facts just like thesist. But actualy saying stupid stuff like i have logic on my side.

> I realized they were probably right.
I dunno, most of them are based on such broad or and universal claims, that there must be pretty big chance for initial statements to be wrong. There is no way to be that sure that time itself can begin to exist because you need a concept of time to begin anything. Arguments from the causation will ignore dozens of possibly important nuances like this just to reach their conclusion as fast as they can.

What exactly is his counter argument to anything must begin to exist?! I don't buy that one being in question can be proven from inventing exceptional properties for it ad hoc.

What is a point? To create something and leave?

Existence it's self ya dummy. God is existence. Go look up George's Lemaitre. Dumb atheists man.

Well, I guess it works, I just don't have time to watch currently video.

G... i dont know might be interesting to see how things workout.
Like HOI 4 ai only battle.
I dont know god. God works in mysterious ways. Hek you might be right there might not be no god.

There it is

the proof is in the feels

>The Universe is everything.
>Anything that 'exists' outside the Universe, is still by definition within the Universe (everything).
>All things must have a cause to exist.
>The Universe by definition contains all possible causes.
>There are no causes outside of the Universe, as there is nothing outside of everything.
>The Universe contains the cause that caused itself.
>The Universe is the cause of everything (itself).

>God is existence.
Evidence?

Idk what you expected.

Why can't I believe in those arguments but still be a Christian?

Also i think that why because i think that the best help you can give to others is to help others to help themselfes and the best way to do that is by not helping others.

Atheists in the west don't actually care for evidence of a creator or architect or god or deity. Not at all. They just care about attacking Christianity. There's no point in engaging with these people.

Are you willing to concede that, since there is nothing to prove the validity of your religion, that other religions, like scientology, are equally valid?

That's kinda a silly question
That's how he has always been explained. It's like asking for evidence that unicorns have horns on their head. It's like asking for evidence that something is what it is.

Maybe.

Of course you should note when there seems to be some plot holes in a religion. Like if a religion denied evolution or other things that at this point are nearly scientifically proven, then it can't be true.

I don't know much about scientology though, it may equally valid or not.

But unicorns don't exist?

Yeah, but unicorns still have horns on their head.

I should've used triangles as an example. A triangle's inner angles always add up to 180 degrees. This is part of the definition of a triangle even though no perfectly formed triangles exist in reality.

It's the same with God being existence. If he is not existence itself then he is not God. So if God exists then he is existence itself and doesn't need a cause or beginning. Just like if a perfect triangle did indeed exist, then its inner angles would add up to 180 degrees.

I think you'll find that the definition of a unicorn, similarly to a dragon, differs from person to person. Unicorns aren't real and as such they are defined by the person imagining them. God operates under these rules as well.

God varies a little I guess, but most religions agree that God is Being.

Also, it's important to note that in some mythologies, like Greek mythology, the universe existed first, and eventually the titans and gods came about.

So, I think it's honest to say that when religions talk about the God who created the universe they always believe that he is also Being.

what exactly does it mean for God to be Being/ existence itself like you say? that sounds to me like you are just slapping the label of God onto existence so that God = existence is just atheism in desguise

Assuming your interpretations of those religions are correct. The religions would have had to get it right for that to be the correct definition of god, and there's no reason to believe they're right.

you're not supposed to prove he exists, you're supposed to have faith in him. That's part of the struggle of living a religious life. Your faith is rewarded in the "end."

Why have faith in one religion over any other if there's no evidence for one's validity over another?

Exactly.

There is nothing in the laws of physics that explains existence, you can speculate we might discover why in the future, if so it won't be a traditional discovery like a new particle or somesuch. This question treads into metaphysics, we are talking about existence itself, not things in existence.

Something "defied" the laws of physics. It might be wrong to call it "supernatural", regardless, that is what happened.

To top it off, we are sapient beings, something else inexplicable due to the hard problem of consciousness. Preachers claim existence and sapience are connected, tbqh I don't see a connection and this is where our views diverge.

Well, it's not some pantheistic thing. God is still all good, all powerful, all knowing. And it's possible that he interacts with our universe. It just means that God is the ground for all existence, and that he is not subject to time, so he doesn't have a beginning or cause.

I hear what you're saying. But I guess I would have to say that the religions have kinda defined what God is. Like this conversation wouldn't make sense:

>"everything needs a cause so there must be a first cause which is God"
>"but why doesn't God have a cause?"
>"because he is existence itself, he is Being"
>"well how do you know he's those things"

It wouldn't be a valid rebuttal. It would be implying that God doesn't have a definition. You can't just say someones definition of something is wrong (especially when that definition has usually been agreed upon), because this will lead to words having contested meanings which will eventually lead to us not even being able to have a conversation about these things.

>But I guess I would have to say that the religions have kinda defined what God is.
Checkmate thiests.

"just disregard reason and channel your biases bro, you won't need any proof!"

Watch the video.
He's the great I AM watch the video link PLEASE

You're welcome for the Western Civ bud. Too chicken to pray I see Cedric. Ah, such a donkey.

I
DARE
ANY
OF
YOU
TO
WATCH
THIS
AND
SAY
HE'S
LYING.
youtu.be/Vm647n1360A

He even does a follow up interview YEARS later. Quite phenomenal!

What is the point that pic is trying to make?

The enlightenment, rediscovery of greek philosophy, beating christianity the fuck out of the law-making business and in general beating chtistianity into a servile toothless shitheap is what made the West what it is today. We'd still be like the middle-east otherwise.

The Kalam Argument FOR God:
P1. Anything which begins to exist has a cause.
P2. The universe began to exist.
C. The Universe has a cause.

The Kalam Argument AGAINST God:
P1: Nothing which exists can cause something which does not exist to begin existing.
P2: Given (1), Anything which begins to exist was not caused to do so by something which exists.
P3: The universe began to exist.
P4: Given (2) and (3), the universe was not caused to exist by anything which exists.
P5: God caused the universe to begin to exist.
C1: Given (4) and (5), God does not exist.

Wordgames and untestable arguments are fun. Let's try another one:

Assume that nothing exists (no laws, no time, no logic, no causality)
-name the thing that would stop something from spontaneously appearing

>good meme
Good meme

You're really bad at this.

according to retard's version of quantum mechanics, maybe.
it's extremely close to a classical conception of god
>to exist you need to begin to exist at the first place
I can think of several things that can exist without beginning to exist. Say, numbers, laws of logic and such things.

I'm going to rape you.

Because that's how faith works. And you simply choose the religion that most fits your needs and works inline with your ideals.

> numbers, laws of logic
Maybe in Platonism where there is some kind of an ideal numbers realm. Otherwise, you can say that they were invented by people.

That seems pretty logical if you allow things to be self-caused (many autists will sperg out here).

God exists but he's a dickhead.

I'm glad atheists have you to tell them what they care about. They're lucky to have you. Also, Christianity is the main threat in the west, contrary to any Islamic boogeymen. Sometime in the future, yeah, but not right now.

You're talking about God as though he's not an entity, rather a concept, like you're talking about pi or something. You can't define a concept into existence.

Also, having a consistent narrative about the attributes of God still doesn't make him real any more than canonically explaining Superman's powers make him real.

>You can't define a concept into existence.
I'm not. I'm not saying that since God is defined as existence, he must exist.

I'm just explaining why if God exists, then he doesn't need a cause like things in our universe do.

>Also, having a consistent narrative about the attributes of God still doesn't make him real any more than canonically explaining Superman's powers make him real.
Of course.

Prove that God doesn't exist. You can't.

Welcome to the primary contradiction of Faith.

It took me a while to see

>29.9 792 N, [spoiler] 31.1342 E [/spoiler]
>299,792,[spoiler]458[/spoiler] m/s

god wasn't powerful enough to turn you into a christmas

>That's part of the struggle of living a religious life.
Figuring out ways to justify your retarded beliefs and behaviors?