I was getting stoked reading about the Baha'i religion and thought that I'd finally found the right faith for me...

I was getting stoked reading about the Baha'i religion and thought that I'd finally found the right faith for me, until I got to the part where it says homosexual acts are incompatible with it. This seems inevitable with practically every religion and the consistent intolerance has unfortunately made shallow atheism (and anti-theism) rampant in the gay community. However, most of us still believe in God and we're desperate for a religion that will take us in and allow us to meet our spiritual needs.

I don't personally accept that the Abrahamic faiths are inherently homophobic, but their traditions certainly are and most adherents still have deep-seated issues with us. It'd be great to find a religion which we could adopt as our own and dispel the perception of our community as being amoral and materialistic.

Is there a religion (either contemporary or historical) that celebrates express affection between men, or is at least unambiguously ambivalent toward it? (idgaf about dykes - they have their "wiccan" bullshit)

Apparently, ritual sex between men was an acceptable form of worship for the god Moloch. Something like that would be the ideal scenario, only without the ugly child sacrifice element.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UM6GP0FuhnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=U4mgZXylbIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sikhs have absolutely no traditions regarding homosexually. Which granted has given some the latitude to condemn it, however one of the utmost important doctrines for Sikhs is to bear no bias or ill will towards any other human for race, region, sexuality, etc. So the ones who oppose homosexual acts are typically outliers or hypocrites

Question is

Why the fuck are you looking for a faith if you have no belief in it? You're just larping and disrespecting the actual believing members of that church. Pisses me off more than antitheism does.

>I go to church but I don't believe in god

That said, go greek pagan.

That's the pit you fall into when you go to a religion preaching that it has objective truth and expecting it to meld to your subjective opinions.

Baha'ism is fucking nonsensical and wholly contradictory though, speaking as someone with Baha'i family members

Do you think seeking a faith that helps justify (or at least doesn't hinder) your lifestyle is a meaningful exercise of spirituality?

The Catholic Church is basically going full faggot they will be marrying fags by the time the next Pope rolls around just go with them.

You aren't suppose to find a religion that fit your desires and way of life you retard.

You are suppose to accept a religion because you consider it as TRUTH, and change your desires and way of life according to that truth which you follow.

Religion is about fighting against a part of your own individuality because you consider it as an obstacle that prevent you from accessing to God. And you consider it as an obstacle because you've accepted a religion and its objective commands and dogmas, whatever they are.

If the only thing that interest you is a religion that validate your personal sexual life, then stay an atheist instead of LARPING as that one little religiosity that didn't condamn homosex. Because if you chose that one religiosity for the sole reason it didn't tell you that fuging other men is bad, then it will be nothing more than LARPING.

Religions aren't plasticine, you can't do a Selective sorting of the commands you follow and the one you don't follow based on muh follow. Either you accept the dogma because you find it as truth, and fight against a part of your nature accordingly, either you don't accept it at all.

This, right here. Stop being such a candyass validation-seeking faggot.

> You aren't suppose to find a religion that fit your desires and way of life you retard.
Why not? Surely, God created me like this not by some random chance, but for some purpose. Only religions that correlate with my nature can even be true.

How can you really accept as truth something that contradicts your own nature?! LARPING is literally trying to be someone who you are clearly can't be by following the set of rules, that are different from how you normally act.

Most ancient fertility religions, especially in the middle east accepted it. You'd essentially "fertilize" the god by cumming balls deep in a girl (male) temple prostitute
For Indo-Europeans it was mainly focused on warrior bonds.

Also

>Anti-baal memes

Are there any religions that don't symbolically conflate human sexual behavior with agricultural fertility?

>I don't personally accept that the Abrahamic faiths are inherently homophobic, but their traditions certainly are and most adherents still have deep-seated issues with us. It'd be great to find a religion which we could adopt as our own and dispel the perception of our community as being amoral and materialistic.

You just have to find the right church.

There are all kinds of churches in my area, primarily congregationalist and other mainline Protestant, which fly a rainbow flag and are quick to point out that the so called "bludgeon verses" the handful of times Paul speaks disparagingly of homosexuality, he and all of the other Greek writers were actually referring to what we would call pederasty, man-boy love, which he rightfully lumps in with all manner of abusive or exploitative relationships. The overall context of these verses is that Paul was clearly talking about relationships built on lies, coercion, or manipulation, as opposed to relationships built on mutual love, trust and respect.

Don't go looking for salvation in another culture's religion. You may be able to gleam wisdom from reading their scriptures, but unless you completely and permanently inundate yourself in the culture it will never truly align with your spirituality. Stick to the religion that was written in your language and realize that this is not a settled matter within the Christian churches, and gay acceptance is on the rise even in the more conservative communities. Be a part of that change, don't forsake it pretending to worship somebody else's perception of God. Hell is duty neglected in its season.

I used to be a Christian and evangelized a bit in the gay community, mostly with guys I hooked up with. I encountered a whole lot of fear and hostility. There is far too much personal loss and pain associated with the faith among homosexuals. I was asked more than once to remove my crucifix while in bed because looking at it made them feel "uncomfortable". The fact that the ultimate symbol of love and redemption can make decent people feel uncomfortable proves that something is wrong.

I appreciate the good work that many churches are doing now to make amends, but I can't personally play the part of the apologist anymore in good conscience. Too many are closed off permanently on account of their experience and I don't want to give up on them ever knowing God. If there is another religion that would allow them to do that, I think gay culture could incorporate it and I'd encourage it.

>However, most of us still believe in God and we're desperate for a religion that will take us in and allow us to meet our spiritual needs.
It's called theistic Satanism, now go serve your master sodomite.

If you got a problem with everyone, maybe you're the problem.

>Says, when several protestant denominations literally have gay clerics

Going against your primal inclination is demanded by basic society. Being religious means taking on additional restrictions and obligations. If you get offended by having to make great sacrifice of what you want, then religion ia not for you. Serious religion is demanding, it doesn't pander to you. If you don't like that, either don't be religious or get into a marshmellow variant like Reform Judaism or the Episcopal Church

I don't pretend to understand what that sort of pain feels like, but I do have a lesbian sister-in-law who went through exactly the sort of hell that you're describing: overzealous Christians who reacted in the worst possible way when she was outed, beat her over the head with bible verses, threw her out on the streets, and now she just doesn't want to hear about it.

I've learned to back off on the evangelizing, you're right, people are sick of having it shoved in their faces. I don't even wear Christian jewelry for that reason. But keep in mind two things: that more and more straight people are getting sick of it too, and that shoving somebody else's religion in their face isn't going to address the underlying problem.

What I have done is adopted a long term strategy: being a good, forgiving person, studying religion for personal enrichment, follow Jesus's command to pray in secret, behind closed doors (Matthew 6:5-6) You can't make people desire salvation, all you can do is set a better example and let people come to you when they're ready, which they will if you're just a good person and you stay focused on the exoteric aspects of the faith (exoteric meaning the ways that your religion influence your behavior with other people). This is the actual strategy that Paul adopted while living in Corinth, which even by ancient standards was a pit of vice and depravity. He wasn't standing on street corners babbling to anyone who would listen, he took the time to foster genuine relationships with people, and brought them to salvation when they asked him for it.

This is usually the default conclusion, but then you wonder why you shouldn't be happy and why a little bit of bumlove makes you a bad person.

>I want to worship God and my sinfulness at the same time

Sounds like pedologic to me.
>inb4 secular legal concepts like "consent"

>I want God to submit to my will instead of submitting to His will

Neck yourself faggot

Except normal people is able to accept that they have some naughty bad boy moments and that they enjoy them. I don't go around pissing on people or reclaiming pisser rights and being proud about pissing on woman. It's a depraved fetish and it belongs to the worlds of privacy and sin.

This. bahai is rather kooky

>Don't go looking for salvation in another culture's religion. You may be able to gleam wisdom from reading their scriptures, but unless you completely and permanently inundate yourself in the culture it will never truly align with your spirituality. Stick to the religion that was written in your language
This is actually a very important and understated point

dont worry man, you can always go towards animism.
Personally, I think that these kinds of believe are far closer to a pursue of truth rather then a tool to manage and direct a human society

I agree, but homosexuality isn't a fetish. It's a form of love. There's nothing depraved about it.

>I agree, but pedosexuality isn't a fetish. It's a form of love. There's nothing depraved about it.

Inb4 "muh consent" as if legal concepts can stand in the way of LOVE.

>Pedophilia = homosexuality
Go back to your containment board

>I don't personally accept that the Abrahamic faiths are inherently homophobic
Religious morality in monotheistic faiths in general is rooted supporting normative behavior and opposing deviant behavior. Homosexuality is inherently deviant in the eyes of religion because it goes against the biological purpose of sex (reproduction), and thus goes against God's design when he created Man.

If you want to be gay and follow a contemporary religion, you'll just have to accept that you are a sinner. Which isn't really that big of a deal, since virtually everyone is a sinner in some way. People are full of hate and greed and lust, yet have been perfectly happy to believe in religion without expecting it to celebrate their character flaws. Arguably the whole point of Christianity is having the humility to accept that you are a sinner and asking God to forgive you.

>Apparently, ritual sex between men was an acceptable form of worship for the god Moloch.
When the only religion you can find that supports your sexual preference is the cult of a notoriously evil ancient god, maybe you should take a hint.

Cute strawman.
It's always hilarious how homoapologists get triggered when someone compares homosexuality to another mental illness

>most of us still believe in God and we're desperate for a religion that will take us in and allow us to meet our spiritual needs.
[citation needed]

pedophillia isn't a mental illness user. there's nothing you can do to treat it. the difference between homosexuality and pedophillia is that acting on pedophillic desires will harm a child while two adults buttfucking won't harm anyone so long as one isn't being raped and they use protection or know that neither of them have an STD

>pedophillia isn't a mental illness user. there's nothing you can do to treat it
I guess Alzheimers also isn't a mental illness then since there's no treatment for it either, right faggot?

>the difference between homosexuality and pedophillia is that acting on pedophillic desires will harm a child
It's LOVE user, how could there possibly be harm if there is LOVE?

You don't even know what strawman means, holy shit.

>Astraw manis a common form ofargument and is aninformal fallacybased on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.

And considering homosexuality doesn't cause distress or impair functioning in society, it isn't a mental illness.

I know exactly what a strawman is, I never said that pedophilia = homosexuality, therefore attacking my argument by pretending that I said that is a textbook strawman argument.

>homosexuality doesn't cause distress or impair functioning in society
LOL
The entire homo rights movement is predicated on the idea that homosexuals are distressed and unable to function in society.

>And considering homosexuality doesn't cause distress

I don't even give a fat shit about who you have sex with but this is a lie

homosexual behavior is a mental illness.
>every religion says this is a sick perversion and a horrible sin that destroys society and corrupts children, what are some delusions that fit with my total seperation from reality enough to tolerate my victim lifestyle and validate using my social identity I've based on my mental illnes to demand special treatment from not only the law but from god himself?

I fucking hate your delusional mentally ill ramblings. Its a defect, not someone you demand to be celebrated for. you are entitled to nothing for your defective brain. You are not a victim, you are a pervert lying to yourself and demanding acceptance of those lies. that is insane. Just fucking stop.

God turned ENTIRE CITIES to salt for the severity of their perversions, its something you'll be punished for. Horribly. Seek help from doctors, you have a mental illness.

Anybody got sauce on that pic? I'll join that religion rn

People Demanding to be united in God's House in God's name, for committing sins that SAME GOD turned ENTIRE CITIES to salt for committing, is a severe mental illness. This is not behavior a healthy society accepts or rewards. We do our best to ignore it but the nature instinct is repulsion, disgust, and the desire to remove the sick from the healthy.
Fags are deeply sick. First for demanding special treatment from us, Second from demanding special treatment from a Deity that demands the death of anyone this poisonous to his people.

>I agree, but homosexuality isn't a fetish. It's a form of love. There's nothing depraved about it.

You're response

>I agree, but pedophilia isn't a fetish. It's a form of love. There's nothing depraved about it.

It's pretty fair to say you were equating pedophilia to homosexuality, dipshit.

The movement is based on combatting discrimination. Homosexuals function fine in society, it doesn't impair you ability to contribute.

How does being homosexual cause distress? The only thing that causes distress is being discriminated against for being homosexual.

What a fag.

>It's pretty fair to say you were equating pedophilia to homosexuality, dipshit.
So if I point that rape and murder are both crimes then I'm saying rape = murder?

All that cock is rotting your brain faggot.

>The movement is based on combatting discrimination. Homosexuals function fine in society, it doesn't impair you ability to contribute.

>Homosexuals function fine in society
>Just as long as society is reshaped to cater to their homosexuality
lol that's like saying cripples aren't actually crippled if the law mandates the installation of wheel chair ramps.

>It'd be great to find a religion which we could adopt as our own and dispel the perception of our community as being amoral and materialistic.
There isn't any, because you ARE inherently amoral and materialistic.

>It's a form of love
No, it isn't. Wanting to fuck someone doesn't mean you love them.

>Sikh here
You can be gay and be a Sikh. You can have a gay marriage and be a Sikh. No problem. But one thing. According to the Sikh Rehat Maryada (Code of Conduct) Of Akal Takht ( accepted as the Highest Sikh Authority) , the Sikh Anand Karaj ceremony can only be performed between a Sikh male and a female.
The Gurus never said you cannot meet God if you are a homosexual. They just said no matter who you are, MEDITATE ON THE ONE SUPREME LORD. Connect to Him.
Although there is no specific mention if homosexuality in Sikhism, the Sikh dharam lists lust as one of the five evils we are to avoid. It could be argued that if you are gay, then in that most likely means you are doing it for lust. Though thats a whole nother argument, because you can say a hetero person is after lust too. So i guess it should meam to keep your lust under control.
A large percentage of Sikhs are Punjabi folks, its sorta cultural that if you walk in with your boyfriemd the older generation Punjabis might give you a look or two. But they defintely won't swear at you or throw you off a building like some other certain faith groups. Just don't start making out in the gurdwara or some shit.
>We don't care who you are. Just meditate on Waheguru. Real equality.

>all these reactionaries in the thread using 50s style arguments against homosexuality

We really live in some peculiar times.

This to be honest.

Here is something you might enjoy you DUMB FAGGOT HAHAHAHAHA

youtube.com/watch?v=UM6GP0FuhnQ

It's an age where cowards tell themselves the scurry librul consensus will bite them if they express their foul opinions openly (in reality just normal people reacting to psychopathy) so they contain them here. It's actually polite, in a way. Every nu-male from /pol/ too scared to express their opinion openly just "vents" over and over again on an anonymous shitpost forum where they are marginalized (but tell themselves they are relevant, that they are CHANGING THE WORLD by acting like monkeys online ahahahaha).

They're kind of listless after Trump proved himself not to be the far right purge the everything messiah they asked for.

Except it isn't. Physical disability is an actual impairment.

It'd be more like saying be black before the civil Rights movement should be considered a mental illness going by you shit logic.

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet(SAW) cursed effeminate men and those women who assume the similitude (manners) of men. He also said, "Turn them out of your houses." He turned out such-and-such person out, and 'Umar turned out such-and-such person.

Narated By Abdullah ibn Abbas : The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done.

>Except it isn't. Physical disability is an actual impairment.
Just like homos and their inability to reproduce without artificial means. Are you going to claim that sterile person somehow isn't impaired now too?

>It'd be more like saying be black before the civil Rights movement should be considered a mental illness going by you shit logic.
WRONG as blacks didn't need to have the law rewritten to get married, like homos do.

>They're kind of listless after Trump proved himself not to be the far right purge the everything messiah they asked for.
LOL
It was libfags who were hysterical over Trump being the end of the world literally Hitler right-wing antichrist, not us. All we were expecting was a Republican president who would enforce immigration law, and appoint a right leaning Supreme Court justice, and guess what?

We got exactly what we wanted.

Homophobia is normal those so it's good that a lot of religions, on the surface at least, reject it.

>Only religions that correlate with my nature can even be true.

Lolwhat

>Just like homos and their inability to reproduce without artificial means. Are you going to claim that sterile person somehow isn't impaired now too?

Homosexuals can reproduce fine, it just requires having sex with somebody of the other sex which they don't want to do. That doesn't mean they can't.

>WRONG as blacks didn't need to have the law rewritten to get married, like homos do.

They needed laws to allow them to vote and don't ignore the other laws added and removed to prevent their discrimination (i.e function in society).

>Homosexuals can reproduce fine, it just requires having sex with somebody of the other sex which they don't want to do. That doesn't mean they can't.
LOL it clearly does though.
No matter how many loads you pump up your boyfriendss ass he will never get pregnant and since fags can only get it up for their boyfriendss ass clearly they are incapable of reproducing.

>They needed laws to allow them to vote and don't ignore the other laws added and removed to prevent their discrimination (i.e function in society).
Actually upon further reflection, considering the average intelligence of the average black, being black is in fact a form of mental illness.

>chant le day of le rope over and over again
>cuck yourself when it doesn't happen

never change LOL

>Fuck up after fuck up and failed legislation after failed legislation.
>#MAGA, WINNING!!! SALTY LIBERALS
You Americans take hysteria to the next level.

It's from a Justin Monroe photo set titled "Temple of Isis". The models are Griffin Marc and Ashtyn Long.

Day of the Rope has nothing to do with Trump moron. Once again by conflating the two all you're doing is exposing how the idea of a Republican president causes liberals to become deranged with terror.

I'm not the one that's in a state of hysteria over the fact that Trump is president.

>"this is not an attack on gay people or homosexuality outright"
>sources old as shit, dating back forty years
>references a guesstimate in an op-ed piece for statistical data
>cites NARTH, a gay conversion organization

zero effort

Or you are just living a life against the true faith? You are retarded and gay mate.

>That said, go greek pagan.
>However, most of us still believe in God and we're desperate for a religion that will take us in and allow us to meet our spiritual needs.

Yeah, most paganism doesn't give a shit if you have sex with the same sex - but it's not like you're going to find a traditional belief system where it's core principle is celebration of homosexuality because it's still a pretty big outlier - even in places where people didn't care.

God hates Mosaic monotheists so just stay away from Abrahamics - they're the scum of the Earth.

youtube.com/watch?v=U4mgZXylbIA

don't larp like everyone else has said. you can do with some kind of individual spirituality (e.g. theological non-cognitivism) but if you want to commit to a particular one like christianity but are still unsure you could read somebody like kierkegaard and go to a presbyterian church. I'm not a believer myself but it does wonders for most people and that's a fact

Dude be catholic, they love gays

Take your bullshit back to lgbt you fucking homo

Just suck it up and be an atheist like a normal human being.

The rectum is not a sexual organ
t. your nature

You just haven't been using it right.

t. lots of buttfucking in nature

That's a women on the right right?

No. Sorry you're gay now bro.

a bunch of protestant churches here in the bay area have homo flags on them. so go there, although be warned that you will never be saved and will rot in hell like the rest of fags

>Papists talking about others going to Hell

I didn't say I was attracted you dumb fuck just whether that was a women cause they looked feminine.

>wah why cant i live in unrepenting and active sin?!
You don't believe in God, you hate Him .

Stop LARPing, child.

Any "god" that considers homosexuality to be sinful is a false god.

God is Love, not Hate.

God still loves you even if he hates it when you act like a fag.

But what about Umar's anal disease that could only be cured by semen?

No, it isn't. If it was it wouldn't be such a deal. Anal sex is a fetish itself, anal sex with men is an even more specific fetish.

This is a Shia narration not a Sunni narration.

There are many very very bizarre Shia "hadith" narrations.

Pretty sure I have been actually
t. but I poop from there

Umar is hated in proper shia tradition.

Indeed. No wonder they would attribute such a filthy thing to him. They constantly insult the companions of the prophet (peace and blessings of Allah upon him) and even his wives. Truly a misguided people.

>he hates it when you act like a fag

source pls

I understand the frustration of not being able to find a religious path that doesn't say homosexuals are deviants somewhere.

I also struggle to find knowledge (not in the secular sense) and ultimate realization of God. While also being with the one I love.
And I also understand wanting to escape from amorality and materialism.

But you shouldn't just choose any religion just because it accepts homosexuals. And you should separate sexual/sensual desire from your intentions if they're there. Which it seems like they are. You could also separate intentions to follow a religion for aesthetic reasons. Because it looks cool etc. Also, even if some religious teachers are unaccepting of homosexuality doesn't mean they have excellent teachings that can and will help you.
Don't know if these are actually problems, but just suggesting things.

I can suggest looking into Neoplatonism, Buddhism, and The Vedanta. There are "homophobic" tendencies present in the suggestions. but you might see what you're looking for there nonetheless. And be careful of Western Interpretations in them.

I don't think the anti gay Traditionalists here realize that they're choosing religions that fit with their nature every bit as OP is.

That's completely unavoidable. If you've chosen a religion, it's because it's fit your identity in some way. Right down to the sacrifices you're willing to make.

How do I get a harem of these fags to fuck is a more important question.

I can't speak for everyone, but before I converted to Orthodoxy, I wasn't anti-gay or anti-LGBT in any way. One of my closest friends was a transgirl, and most of my friends were liberals of various sorts. The main reason I converted to Orthodoxy was that I saw its theology as being capable of answering the challenge of nihilism in a way that secular ideologies seemed incapable of doing.

The questions and concerns you had about nihilism were part of your nature. A need for meaning was. The ways in which the faith you chose to follow answered the questions relevant to you and the way it presumably uplifted you was It "clicking" with You.
The view towards homosexuality you had was something you could sacrifice. But could you sacrifice, say, being with non Christian friends?

tbqh its very, very hard to actually convert to a religion and then stick to it. I am not personally a christian, but due to what Paul wrote I'm not sure how you could justify being a practising homosexual and a devout christian it doesn't make any sense. if you're a homosexual and you want to become a christian become a monk or a hermit or something.

What's the point of being religious if you just cherrypick whatever faith aligns to your personal whims and fancies? How can you legitimately do this and not realize that all you're doing is projecting your own preferences onto some hamfisted fairytale? Why does Veeky Forums have so many LARPers who shop around for a religion like it's a new pair of shoes, and they pick whatever suits their fancy?

At least people who are raised into their religions or hold convictions despite their personal preference actually believe in something bigger than themselves, instead of trying to just find something that panders to them. You may as well just make up your own god if you're that desperate for something to believe in, yet not desperate enough to actually accept a belief that doesn't specifically conform to your preference.

I'm an atheist and against homosexuals following christianity or islam while pretending that the ideology they follow accepts their lifestyle. I have nothing against religious or homosexual people, but I dislike those who don't want to compromise and just want to do whatever they want.

All the Christians here are LARPers.

Deus Vult amirite?