Prove to me that Jesus existed

Prove to me that Jesus existed

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus
youtube.com/watch?v=fsmIDvIuOJs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

Tacitus: Christus was executed at the hands of the procurator Pontius Pilate

Lucius of Samosata (on Christians): These deluded creatures, you see, have persuaded themselves that they are immortal and will live forever, which explains the contempt of death and willing self-sacrifice so common among them. It was impressed on them too by their lawgiver that from the moment they are converted, deny the gods of Greece,[ worship the crucified sage], and live after his laws, they are all brothers. They take his instructions completely on faith, with the result that they despise all worldly goods and hold them in common ownership. So any adroit, unscrupulous fellow, who knows the world, has only to get among these simple souls and his fortune is quickly made; he plays with them

Roman historians acknowledged Jesus was a real person

If some Christians think Noah and his ark were metaphorical, why couldn't Jesus be metaphorical as well?

>Tacitus: Christus was executed at the hands of the procurator Pontius Pilate
And Tacitus was alive when this execution happened?

Tacitus was born 23 years after the execution.
His sources were most likely much fresher, than ours, 1984 years later.

We don't have what those hypothetical sources Tacitus relied on were though, do we?

Please understand that non-contemporaneousness is the norm for the ancient world, with most people writing about events long after they have occurred.

The most comprehensive biography of Alexander the Great for instance was written 500 years after he died.

So basically all of history is bullshit?

I understand someone's historical account, which could very well just come from a hearsay is not the best kind of evidence.

Hell, just look at people who were actually alive when Cold War ended 25 years ago. Most of them have no fucking CLUE, what actually happened. People born today will have even less of a clue when they grow up. And that was a world shaking event, not an execution of some upstart cult leader in some fucking backwater.

But then and go ask yourself, what difference would it make, even if Tacitus was actually a grown man by the time they executed Jesus. Hell, he could have claimed to be physically present during the execution, and he could be still making shit up .

There's not 100% proof. But several historical sources mention how he ws crucified. Most historians believe Jesus existed, because of this.

He casts away demons.

>Roman historians acknowledged Jesus was a real person
None of the Roman contemporaries to the alleged execution of Jesus mention it, even though it took place in a Roman province full of Romans and under the authority of the Roman justice.
Although it doesn't proove that Jesus did not exist, History doesn't work like that, Merovech is still not considered as a real character for example.
Officially Jesus is a fictional character and it's only because of his importance in the mind of religious people that some historians give up on any form of rigor.

>None of the Roman contemporaries to the alleged execution of Jesus mention it, even though it took place in a Roman province full of Romans and under the authority of the Roman justice.
>Although it doesn't proove that Jesus did not exist, History doesn't work like that, Merovech is still not considered as a real character for example.
That literally doesn't matter, everything we know about Alexander the Great was written 200 years after his death. No shit Jesus's Roman contemporaries didn't write about him, he was a literal homeless shepard.
>Officially Jesus is a fictional character
Says who? You? The majority of academic historians agree that Jesus existed regardless of their religious background.

Fantastic job naming those sources, combined with massive sweeping generalizations. "Most historians believe...". Fucking idiot.

Where you there to confirm it didn't happen?

Most anons on this board think you're a massive faggot.

This is a fact.

But they do, at least most actual historians, mythicists are flat-earthers of atheism.

>everything we know about Alexander the Great was written 200 years after his death
Of course not. There's fucktons of contemporary evidences of his existence.
>No shit Jesus's Roman contemporaries didn't write about him, he was a literal homeless shepard.
In this case why suddenly write about him 50 years after his alleged death?
>The majority of academic historians agree that Jesus existed
No. As Merovech, Jesus is a "legendary character" in regard of academic history.

Prove to me he didn't.

prove to me your girl isn't sucking my dick right now

Prove to me you aren't sucking hers.

Didn't most Romans believe in an afterlife as well?

>

Prove me Batman doesn't exist.
Since you can't, should we assume Batman exists?

>proof
Sorry, proof doesn't exist.
Rigor doesn't exist, it's a STEM meme made up to self-justify. Academics are idiots.
The earth is flat, Platonist.

>this is how STEMspergs actually think

>Prove to me that Jesus existed

youtube.com/watch?v=fsmIDvIuOJs

What do you gain from it?