Why do Americans think their history is at all interesting?

>go to Wikipedia
>There's a detailed page for pretty much every instance some rednecks killed a bunch of other rednecks
>They even have commemorative plaques and everything
>"Bleeding Kansas"
>"Wow, must have been brutal"
>It's fucking nothing, like a 100 people died

if you think the number of people killed matters that much perhaps you should just read chinese history.

Why does op think that his opinion matters?

>Americans will make a plaque commemorating the time they beat some guy in an internet argument

>Why do Americans think their history is at all interesting?

They don't. but all Americans have a superiority complex and must be better than the rest of the world at everything.

So because American history is so short in comparison to other nations they need to exaggerate every little thing. So every time a guy threw a stick they need to envelope it with grandeur in order to make it seem comparable to some European war..

Bro the k/d isn't high enough bro who cares what they were fighting about

>who cares what they were fighting about
That's right:

>independence war
>wow so special, throw the tea into the sea, so heroic XDD
>Washington best general in the universe, never forget how he cross that river, literally nothing more amazing or important has ever happened

>civil war aka most boring type of war possible
>muh warfare has changed, it will never be the same
>actually nothing of note was achieved

just add a killing a bunch of stone age tribals and you have American history

The most interesting part was the conquest of the west, and mostly because the way the Indians changed and adapted (until they were put in reservations of course).

>Why do people think the history of this superpower which was created just 300 years ago that now has 300,000,000 people and is the world's richest country is interesting?

The American Civil War was the first war with air-to-air combat and machine guns

No it wasn't

Dude, the ACW is the most interesting conflict of the 1800's. Nappy is pretty close, but it was the first war that showed the world where the tech was going and where the tactics of old were going to go. Sir, I think only the Great Game and associated conflicts in Central Asia during the entire 1800's surpass the intensity and detailed preserved documentation.

Yeah American propaganda sucks about the period and Hollywood set pieces show only a sliver and incorrect one at that, but if you read a fucking book you would understand how fucking incredible that war was in shaping America's entry onto the global stage.

Because we did in 200 years what took you faggots 1000.

>why do people think their own history is interesting

Wow truly a question for the ages!

>ACW is boring
I'll take "incorrect opinions" for 1200 Alec

We don't

>Euro history
>Hereditary nobles telling peasants to fight each other so they can collect more taxes
yeah real interesting

Anyway, could you imagine, in a democratic, advanced, white country, if 100 people killed each other in open conflict, raiding each other's towns and burning them? Like if this happened right now in the UK? That'd be a huge fucking deal. You're a retard.

>but it was the first war that showed the world where the tech was going and where the tactics of old were going to go

>what is the Crimean War

This is more content for /int/ than Veeky Forums lads.

>now all of a sudden k/d matters

It was the mid 1800s

I find the warfare itself to be interesting. But the political side of America's history doesn't interest me at all, whereas i find Europe's fascinating

Because America didn't have mass-war like Europe so when unusually big battles pop up it's very jarring, like the Mormons attacking that US regiment, whatever that was, or the GIs overthrowing the local government.

I'm not an American myself but I do find the Civil War quite interesting, both from political and military POV.

>But the political side of America's history doesn't interest me at all
That's because you don't know the first thing about it.

I tried to get into it, but it just wasn't for me. I'm not ragging on American history. I could read all day about some random Dutch duke, but Abraham Lincoln does nothing for me. Teddy Roosevelt was badass though

>Yank history
>literal traitors telling peasants to fight each other over who gets to collect their taxes
lol

Bro, I'm not sure how you can find the most divisive moment in US history to be mundane but check out A Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin, just a master-class work on the politics of Lincoln's presidency. And if you like TR read The Bully Pulpit by Goodwin as well.

What was it you did in 200 years that took other countries 1000?

Start in barbarism and end in decay.

>why are there so many English-language records about the largest English-speaking country in the world?
You really activated my almonds. Saged.

>Thinks kicking British ass is uninteresting

You must be Portuguese. Sad that your country hasn't done anything of note in 300 years besides collapse economically and found Brazil?

Three years of Europeans staring at each other and literally eating mud.

>Founding Brazil
>Of note
Meh.

Because our country has only been around for 250 or so years