Find a flaw

Find a flaw

Other urls found in this thread:

elementsdeducationraciale.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/les-racines-asiatiques-du-mondialisme/
conspiracyschool.com/blog/shills-spooks-and-sufis-service-empire-case-maryamiyyah
dossierschuonguenonislam.blogspirit.com/b-dossier-frtihjof-schuon/
textosdeinteresse.blogspot.com/2008/05/spiritual-fascism-of-rene-guenon-and.html
kg.vkk.nl/french/organisations.f/om.f/guenon/guenonbiographie.html
alsimsimah.blogspot.com/2014/10/quelques-souvenirs-sur-rene-guenon-et.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He looked like someone wanted to paint an example of inbreeding.

His forehead is a threehead

You cannot understand him if you read it before you're 40 and have massive cultural baggage.

Plenty.
>promotes muh tradition but never named his Hindu teachers
>promotes revival of tradition in West, runs away to Egypt and lives as local muzz
>prattles on about meta-history without understanding basic history
>prattles on about how Orientalists are dumb, all the while relying on their works as reference
>makes mistakes in his works as a result, blames Orientalists.
>never gives references because muh secret connection to Unknown Superiors
>secret connection revealed to be makey-uppy b/s by one of his own students later on (see Marco Pallis' article Ossendowski's Sources, for example)
>doesn't think Japanese are real Asians
>doesn't understand Ancient Greece and Rome, admits as much (see correspondence to Guido di Girgio), yet pontificates about said ancient traditions all day long
>doesn't understand the basis of the ancient Western tradition and never responds to Evola's BTFO articles on same
>secretly wishes for islamisation of Europe (see correspondence to Schuon)
>doesn't understand the slightest thing about Buddhism, goes on writing about it; gets called out on it by his mates, corrects a few mistakes, but leaves in most of them and carries on comme si de rien n'etait

The list could go on...

>failed academic
>his wife died
>became muslim

Nice proofs matey.

that's not even the half of it...
if the thread is still alive in a few hours, I'll detail how he was like the original gentleman of Veeky Forums; Veeky Forums; /x/ and /r9k/ all rolled in one.

ok first of all this guy needs to study loomis and realize eyes are roughly in the middle of the head and secondly people today would have a meltdown at this guy and his muh cultural apropriashun

His complete works are still in print in both French and English and other languages.
Because of the lack of appropriation from academe, on the one hand, and the lack of the sulphurous sex appeal factor that comes from muh nahzees (Evola) or magic (Evola, again), his work has limited influence beyond occultist neckbeard types and religious studies weirdos.

DO IT

FAGGOT

Bump

Muslim.

>le premier à parler reste sur mon aéronef

>Followed the pantheist Ibn Al-Arabi

Absolutely haram.

Bump

Bumping for this

dis gun b good

OK lads, here’s the next instalment:

>drops out of high school because muh sensitive child
>gifted at maths, not much else
>goes to Paris for further education
>joins every secret society and occultist group
>very much the Parisian social climber
>falls out with a bunch of the magicians, masons and assorted wizards and sorcerers
>gets involved in magic attacks with these guys
>becomes convinced he has a direct line to Jacques de Molay
>writes articles on Freemasonry in an anti-Masonry newspaper, despite being a Freemason himself
>supposedly initiated into Hinduism by unknown masters
>supposedly initiated into Islamic mysticism by a known homosexual anarchist painter, Ivan Agueli
>supposedly initiated into Taoism by presumed homosexual aristocrat and known opium smoker, Albert de Pouvourville
>gets married in a Catholic ceremony to his wife
>no kids, but adopts his niece
>wife dies, lives alone with his niece, who gets taken away after some scandal
>fails his college dissertation because no references and the whole thing smacks of apologetics
>supervisor is Jewish, thus a certain snide anti-semitism throughout his work and an obvious disdain for scholarship
>has an affair with a rich American widow of a middle eastern industrialist
>wants new woman to pay for his projects and publish his books
>go to Egypt together to collect manuscripts
>gets cucked by woman who gets married to one of his worst occultist enemies
>stays in Egypt, gets remarried with a local woman has kids and goes full retard native
>spends his time writing scathing attacks on his critics, whom he accuses of black magic and bad faith for asking for references
>becomes a shut-in NEET and survives on black coffee and cigarettes
>dies

I really can’t be bothered trying to write more of this stuff, lads.
Guenon’s voice is powerful, but there’s total autism behind it. We can discuss specific points but I’m not going to try to write a refutation of his entire life and work at this point.

>but I’m not going to try to write a refutation of his entire life and work at this point.
DO IT

FAGGOT

No, I'm done with Monsieur René; he's wasted enough of my life at this point.

>falls out with a bunch of the magicians, masons and assorted wizards and sorcerers
This is China-tier history and piques my interest. If I might be so bold as to ask you to elaborate.

You sound bitter. Tried magic to get a gf and it didn't work?

stop pretending, he wrote explicitly against magic and the like.
on what aspect? the occultist history, high jinks and internecine feuds of La Belle Epoque are well-documented. It's like Veeky Forums minus the internet.

bump

He was also a paranoiac who thought that Schuon's goons were trying to have him killed.

A follow up installment about the Schuon cult would be fun.

>literally a Muslim
>preferred to live in Egypt than in Europe

I don't know, which sorcerors did he make enemies with? Papus of the Martinists? How did they try to get their revenge?

>Accuses everyone of "Sentimentalism"
>Muh Tradition

That's patrician af

>asserts that reincarnation is a "modernist myth."
>instead claims the ancients believed in "psychic energy" and "multiple states of being."
>anyone who disagrees is a "Theosophist" or "Orientalist."

He has a habit of inspiring autists from other countries as well. See Julius Evola and Steve Bannon.

>promotes muh tradition but never named his Hindu teachers
he belonged to traditional freemasonry, taoist organizations, and the shadhili sufi order...why is it so crucial for you that he belong to a hindu group?
>promotes revival of tradition in West, runs away to Egypt and lives as local muzz
no one promoted traditionalism in the west more effectively then guenon...look up a list of western people who embraced these ideas as a result of communicating with him via mail, and then of the result of these students of his in turn...there's a lot of very prominent figures...traditionalism is far more pervasive today than most people realize
>prattles on about meta-history without understanding basic history
citation needed
>prattles on about how Orientalists are dumb, all the while relying on their works as reference
the fact that he cites them (generally to refute) does not mean the he "relies" on them
>makes mistakes in his works as a result, blames Orientalists.
for example?
>never gives references because muh secret connection to Unknown Superiors
you don't need references for metaphysics, it has nothing to do with "unkown superiors", an idea that sounds more like blavatsky's "great white brotherhood" which guenon rejected categorically

excuse me but where is the proofy, goofy

>3129457
>secret connection revealed to be makey-uppy b/s by one of his own students later on (see Marco Pallis' article Ossendowski's Sources, for example)
not sure what you're inplying here or why it's a problem
>doesn't think Japanese are real Asians
lol would love to see a reference that explains precisely what he said and what he meant
>doesn't understand Ancient Greece and Rome, admits as much (see correspondence to Guido di Girgio), yet pontificates about said ancient traditions all day long
he only really speaks about then insofar as they are deviated, i haven't seen any material from him about their religion except vague references to the "mysteries"
>doesn't understand the basis of the ancient Western tradition and never responds to Evola's BTFO articles on same
he may have been wrong about hermitism, but so what?
>secretly wishes for islamisation of Europe (see correspondence to Schuon)
why is that an issue?
>doesn't understand the slightest thing about Buddhism, goes on writing about it; gets called out on it by his mates, corrects a few mistakes, but leaves in most of them and carries on comme si de rien n'etait
he had a positive opinion of the mahayana tradition

>drops out of high school because muh sensitive child
so?
>gifted at maths, not much else
so?
every? lol no
personal opinion discarded
so?
he was jnown for being paranoid...which doesn't mean he was wrong about it tbqh
>becomes convinced he has a direct line to Jacques de Molay
i've heard something like that before, you're going to need to elaborate on this one
>writes articles on Freemasonry in an anti-Masonry newspaper, despite being a Freemason himself
he was against deviated freemasonry (aready the majority at his time), not freemasonry as such
>supposedly initiated into Hinduism by unknown masters
reference please
>supposedly initiated into Islamic mysticism by a known homosexual anarchist painter, Ivan Agueli
why is that an issue?
>supposedly initiated into Taoism by presumed homosexual aristocrat and known opium smoker, Albert de Pouvourville
why is that an issue?
>gets married in a Catholic ceremony to his wife
why is that an issue?
>no kids, but adopts his niece
why is that an issue?
>wife dies, lives alone with his niece, who gets taken away after some scandal
why is that an issue?
>fails his college dissertation because no references and the whole thing smacks of apologetics
why is that an issue?
>supervisor is Jewish, thus a certain snide anti-semitism throughout his work and an obvious disdain for scholarship
why is that an issue?
>has an affair with a rich American widow of a middle eastern industrialist
reference

>wants new woman to pay for his projects and publish his books
i can't read your mind, you're going to have to explain why this is an issue for you
>gets cucked by woman who gets married to one of his worst occultist enemies
so?
>stays in Egypt, gets remarried with a local woman has kids and goes full retard native
so?
>spends his time writing scathing attacks on his critics, whom he accuses of black magic and bad faith for asking for references
pure caricature. precise references please
>becomes a shut-in NEET and survives on black coffee and cigarettes
during ramadan, but so what?

Not the same user but the japanese thing is in the decadence of modern world IIRC.

He says the japs are not a real asian nation because they got modernized/westernized quickly which means they were eager to do it because they are already degenerates and also because they have more "malaysian" blood and therefore not an eastern people (!) unlike the chinese. He makes similar assertions towards the jews saying they're not an asian people either.

>asserts that reincarnation is a "modernist myth."
no he didn't, he thought it was not genuinely "orthodox", and that it came up as the result of a deviation, but that doesn't mean he though it was modern which would be obviously absurd
>instead claims the ancients believed in "psychic energy" and "multiple states of being."
psychic comes from the word psyche which means soul. there's a lot of implications to both of those expressions, which you are onviously ignorant about, and it's way too much to go into on an image board format
>anyone who disagrees is a "Theosophist" or "Orientalist."
he always gave consistent reasons for any accusation he made, it wasn't kneejerk in the slightest. it was based on clearly defined criteria
>He has a habit of inspiring autists from other countries as well. See Julius Evola and Steve Bannon.
steve bannon? lmao

it's an interesting theory, no idea if he is correct, but i don't see what the big deal is

how is his concept of Tradition sentimental?

how is your life wasted? lmao details please

I agree with him in that the japs are more "western" in those lines and "non eastern" but le they have X blood and therefore they aren't Y maymay is dumb.

Although I'd give that the thinking in those days was like that with racial theories. He doesn't mentions negroes explicitly AFAIK but several times he refers to how "orientalists put the eastern peoples at the same level of the savages" and that "humanism makes that anything that can stand in 2 legs and make word like sounds is considered a human being".

>le they have X blood and therefore they aren't Y maymay i
do you have a direct reference for this so i can see it in context?
>the savages
this refers to small tribal groups which he believed to be merely remnants of former civilizations, hence why they are "savages"...it's not racial
>humanism
what are you saying there? i can't quite understand your point

I've given some references to his correspondence and some other documents. See the Document Confidentiel Inédit, by Reyor, for example. Some other references, en vrac: re: Japanese, East & West; Orientalist mistakes: on the Chinese tradition, etc somewhere; social climbing: many accounts attest to this; Affair: Mme Dina/Shillitoe; References: see Pallis cited; re history, a flagrant example is that of Philip the Fair, which ignores any grounded studies of either his politics or monetary policies; Buddhism, see Pallis in some article or other, Coomaraswamy too; Western tradition: if you think I'm referring to Hermeticism, it merely proves you haven't been studying half as much as you think you have. See Fustel de Coulanges, then reread some of Evola's articles on initiation, the Vedanta controversy, and so on - none of which the usually prickly Monsieur René ever replied to... It isn't crucial for me that he belong to a Hindu group - but it is for him, and if you must ask why, then perhaps you ought restrain yourself from posts like these before replying.

That's quite enough. The title of this thread says it all "flawed". We usually use this word in conjunction with something otherwise very good, and the good and bad are so inextricably linked in this man's works that it is best not to take them too certainly as far as Europe and European traditions are concerned.
Granted, works like the Crisis of the Modern World have a certain value, the studies in symbolism are interesting, but the rest is to be taken with a sackload of salt.
The time you'd waste obsessing over this mythical "Tradition" would be better spent learning a canonical language and engaging in one of these traditions, not reading the ramblings of a paranoiac overly influenced by fin de siècle occultism.

I'll post the n00ds if I can find them. The Schuon sex cult in the US managed to get them taken down a few years back, maybe I've got them saved somewhere, along with the dirt.

>The time you'd waste obsessing over this mythical "Tradition" would be better spent learning a canonical language and engaging in one of these traditions, not reading the ramblings of a paranoiac overly influenced by fin de siècle occultism.
Guenon would pretty much agree with that.

>social climbing: many accounts attest to this
I don't understand why this is a "flaw" at all. What is wrong with social climbing?
>a flagrant example is that of Philip the Fair, which ignores any grounded studies of either his politics or monetary policies
I don't know anything about this, so I can't comment. Perhaps you explain what the issue with his remarks is?
>if you think I'm referring to Hermeticism it merely proves you haven't been studying half as much as you think you have.
I mentioned it as an example because it was one point of contention between Evola and him. Another would be the value of Theravada Buddhism.
>the Vedanta controversy
What's that?
>It isn't crucial for me that he belong to a Hindu group - but it is for him, and if you must ask why, then perhaps you ought restrain yourself from posts like these before replying.
Please provide a reference for this claim. In "Perspectives on Initiation" and in other places he is quite explicit that while he considers Hindu metaphysics to be the metaphysical doctrine par excellence he thinks the essential thing is an orthodox initiation coupled with personal realization. You do not need a "Hindu group" to recieve orthodox initiation, and no group can give you personal realization.

The Hindu accusation seriously makes no sense. Why would someone who believes that Hinduism is the end-all-be-all of tradition tell everyone who ever wrote to him concerning which tradition to join to become muslim? Literally every single person whoever wrote to him asking "which tradition should I join", he responded with "Islam".

looks like a fucking horse

bump

ive heard there's a picture of him with a full on erection wearing nothinbg but a native american feather cap surrounded by girls in bikinis

You do not need a "group" in inverted commas, you need to belong to an authentic initiatory organisation at the very least and have received initiation from a guru. How is this difficult to understand if you have indeed read the 2 books on initiation?

Furthermore, there are serious discrepancies between what he wrote in his published works and his personal correspondence, as another user pointed out.

Lastly, to put a stop to this circular discussion, the most egregious error he made was to systematically attribute every flaw of modern civilisation to the West, which, if he had bothered to do some research into history instead of relying on hearsay and twisting things to suit his own agenda, he would have discovered that literally each and every thing he criticised had its origins in the East, whether on the spiritual, social, political, economic, artistic or scientific planes.
If you read French, then you can find out more about this "revisionism", not to put to fine a point on it, if not, you had better learn instead of shilling for your idol.
His works on metaphysics have value, yes, but those that delve into meta-history and historiography are full of errors and bad faith.

Wow thanks for pointing out the obvious about initiation, sherlock. I was disputing what the other poster was saying about "Hindu groups".
>he would have discovered that literally each and every thing he criticised had its origins in the East
you gotta single fact to back that up

also that wasn't "another user", that was me elaborating on how the Hindu related accusation doesn't make sense

there are a number of studies in French on various aspects of the so-called "crisis of the modern world" and its Asiatic roots, yes. Some are openly available online, others not so openly.
What topic did you happen to be interested in, if at all? I am not inclined to reply any more to this terrible waste of time of a post, to be quite honest.

>so-called "crisis of the modern world"
so-called? so you think the modern world is doing just fine and dandy from the standpoint of tradition?

I'm interested in some facts to back up your claim that the modern deviation has its roots in the east.

I haven't got time to translate entire French books for you right now, but we might just get back to this sometime soon.

Since you seem so concerned with seeing things through a guenonian lens, perhaps you might care to take a look through this scholarly work and see if you can play spot the difference?
John M. Hobson, The Eastern Origins of Western Civilisation, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2004.
And if you read French, you can also consult this study on the origins of globalisation: elementsdeducationraciale.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/les-racines-asiatiques-du-mondialisme/

The main thesis of that book seems to be that the West takes things from the East and assimilates them to its own nefarious purposes. In other words "it deviates". Hmmm sounds like what Guenon said.

You may want to develop your reading and thinking skills a little more, instead of holding fast to guenonian supra-orthodoxy.

Nice deflection.

conspiracyschool.com/blog/shills-spooks-and-sufis-service-empire-case-maryamiyyah

this article suggests that "traditionalism" is strictly for feds and perverts

it was originally posted on counterpunch until the schuon cult got litigious and the editors backed down, now it's on a website called "conspiracy school"

that's not what he's suggesting. that article deals specifically with schuon. the author, wahid azal, is a fan of guenon.

nah not guenon, but many of his followers - lings, schuon, nasr

im saying the author has beef with schuon and his followers, not traditionalism as such

kek

bump

bumpy

plz respond to

idk either im just interested in seeing further discussion

Was it inbreeding?

i have no clue, he was a genuinely funny looking fellow―brilliant mind though

the whole traditionalist gang is quite funny looking tbqh, check out marty lings

coomaraswamy has a massive nose but is actually quite handsome imo

More stories about wizards please.

check out the size of this beak

Can one be a traditionalist and still oppose mass Islamic immigration? Or is traditionalism just a Islamic clique to co opt intellectuals?

That's like asking can one be a carpenter and still like eating ice cream. There's no conmection between traditionalism and any specific politocal position on that issue. But imo supporting that kind of mass migration is just plain dumb, regardless of what tradition, if any, you subscribe to.

Wtf I'm superstitious now

I've heard Rasputin was scared of Gurdjieff. Anyone that can scare Rasputin must be pretty bad ass. I can't confirm this for sure though.

I read some guy (a catholic fundamentalist) say that when this guy died and they opened him up his internal organs were all rotten (hence he was evil). Anyone can confirm?

Guedjieff or Rasputin? I've never heard that before. Doesn't seem likely that they would open him at all. Why would he need an autopsy. He died a natural death at an old (no on really knows exactly how old) age

hmm a google search traces this back to a book Whitall Perry (a student of Schuon, amd convert to Islam) wrote criticising Gurdjieff. I've rad the book before but I don't remember that part.

actually im not sure about him being a convert to islam

>everything i dont understand is """superstition"""

If you want the gory details, you can bang this file into Google Translate: dossierschuonguenonislam.blogspirit.com/b-dossier-frtihjof-schuon/
The guy who compiled it got into some serious trouble with the cult in the US, hence why the nudes got pulled. All pretty laughable reall, especially the bits where the "old guard" - Lings, Burckhardt and so on, had kittens when confronted with the evidence. Also see some of the stuff in Sedgwick's book and on his blog, he mentions some of the run-ins with them too. (But he has his own back story too, in passing.)

There were all sorts of stories, yes Papus was involved. But these shenanigans predated Guenon's time since Papus, Peladan, de Guaita an co, along with some genuine black magic defrocked priests and the like, Vintras, Boullan - were all hamming it up in midnight Paris. This kind of magical escapade is well-described in Huysmans' novel 'Down There' (he was an active participant in this stuff too.

As to Guenon, he was paranoid his days of bad magic would catch up with him, and was always suspicious about anyone trying to find him, his address or his photograph (see his correspondence or memoirs of him). In fact, they did catch up with him in the form of arthritis, "black magic" from evil-doers and sorcerors who wanted him dead. Pic related. The guy who took this photo, initially a hard-on guenonian muslim, turned Christian later in life, and guenonians everywhere went spastic when he published this photo of Guenon laying "stricken by an unknown disease".

What is a little spicy about this photo is that Guenon officially died of throat cancer from way too much smoking. But that does not tally with the magically induced symptoms he complains about in his letters (to Evola, among others). On the other hand, for those with a knowledge of TCM or Ayurvedic medicine or that of European classical antiquity, his own lifestyle in his later years would certainly explain it, and not some magical attacks...

>some criticisms and reflections on the foregoing topic, from an old post:
A lot of attention is given in this forum to the relation between Tradition and politics, indeed, much more than in the modern so-called traditional surroundings.I read "Ancient beliefs and modern superstitions" a while ago, [Lings']
second book if I am not mistaken.Rhetorically, dialectically, intellectually impressing, his writings, as well as Schuon's.Not surprisingly, his considerations on politics are interesting,
even those and, may I add, especially those, that clearly show that they are made from a point of view that is not western, knowing that,
by "western", some people don't mean specifically "christian", unlike Lings, who, monotheist as he is, tends to assume that the West and the western tradition started with the advent of christianity.
Let's not even show how wrong and superficial it is to associate Mao's regime and Hitler's regime, an association that extra-western forces have been doing their best to infiltrate in Westerners' mind.
Let's come to the main point straight away: that "impact of the West on the traditional civilizations", that "has been to accelerate
greatly a process of degeneration which was already taking place, and to give them as it were a sideways push to ensure that they went
downhill by a steeper and somewhat different course from the one they were following".An idea that has become a cliche in the traditional
surroundings, launched as it was by Guenon himself, yet not only in those surroundings ; brainwashed, most school-boys in the West are
convinced that it is the West that is responsible for all the miseries in this world.Our school-boy may even feel guilty about it.Needless to say that this assumption is right at first sight ; right, but only on the surface.

It is the West that, from the end of the Renaissance, has been conquering the whole world in the name of technics and economics, no doubt about it.Which West?Whom in the West are responsible for this?Where does the degeneration originate from? What is/are the agent(s) that caused it?In this way, looking further
and further down under the surface of things, we rise from a rather materialistic superficial standpoint to a higher point of view, that enables those who have true principles to see exactly how things really are in that matter.From where we can see at work, not this or that society, but this or that "spirit", knowing that, in a given society, its original "spirit" may happen to be subject to an alien "spirit" that, as result, leads that given society, whose nature, however, it has originally nothing to do with.The vast majority of traditional schools, be they made of Westerners or, a fortiori, non-Westerners, be those Westerners western in mind or not, have manifestly fail to reach that higher point of view ; let's say "fail".For example, Guenon's considerations on "Asia" and the "asian spirit" in the brilliant unique book "La crise du monde moderne" sometimes border to the ludicrous ; "ex Oriente lux" is an illusion, or, if it is true, it is so only geographically: the Vedas are the sacred scriptures of an indo-european tribe that conquered the indian continent a few millenia ago, whose spirit had nothing to do whatsoever with the "asian spirit" as Guenon sees and describes it.What is asian, on the other hand, is the degenerated late hinduism and the sentimental late buddhism, infiltrated as those two teachings were to be by the "asian spirit".

In the same way, the western world that Lings and other are right to criticize is, but that's what they "fail" to see, a semitized world, semitized through the centuries by the christian belief, whose teachings, as you know it, have nothing to do with the original beliefs, the spirituality, the way of thinking of the pre-christian western civilization. Positive for a semitic mind, when transplanted into a western mind, they were to engender what you know.For example, it is well known that the semitic-christian belief that men are all equal in the eyes of God played a significant part in the advent of the modern democracy and the "Human Rights" inverted mysticism. Just as, as far as the ancient greek democracy is concerned, it is obvious that non-western forces were involved in its birth.

>more tidbits
It is quite clear that Guenon's and Coomaraswamy's tendancy to see
the priest as the higher representant of the spiritual authority arises from their idiosyncrasy, and not from the traditional data, the indo-european traditional data.Maybe also, as far as Guenon is concerned, from his acquaintances with masonic lodges of any kind and his islamic faith.A closer look at the history of his ancestors would have enabled him to realize that an echo of the "complete" man he speaks of can be found in it, especially in roman times, when the Emperor gathered both functions in himself.
According to you, Evola's ideas stem from Guenon's and then veer off.So, for example, when Guenon categorically refuses to see Japan as an asian country (more or less unconsciously, precisely because of the military tradition of Japan, quite unique in Eastern Asia), in your opinion, he's right and those who sees Japan as an asian country are appalling distorters.Fair enough, but, then, it's time for you to go back to earth. What you just cannot accept is that Evola's outlook on tradition is purely western, whereas Guenon's is not quite so.

>more tidbits
the so-called individualism and the so-called rationalism
of the Romans has been a rationalist cliche in european schools for
three centuries at least, despite the remarkable efforts of two of
the best french experts of them, Paul Valery and Fustel de Coulanges,
to make it implode ; the word "individualism" is an empty shell,
just as empty as the word "capitalism", when applied to facts, and
those who want to apply it to facts should first learn how to
distinguish, respectively, between productive capitalism and
financial capitalism and between anarchic individualism and organical
individualism ; only schizophrenics can mistake realism for
rationalism and anarchic individualism for organic individualism,
only schizophrenics or, in the case in point, people who don't have a
clue what the roman and the greek civilizations were, which, and Paul
Chacornac, the first Guenon's biographer, won't deny it, was Guenon's
case. Had Guenon taken an interest in the dorian temple, interested as
he was in mathematics, no doubt that he would have realized what the
classical greek spirit was all about.Since Chacornac was a close
friend of Guenon, one of the closest, as close from him as he was far
from traditionalist posers, you will allow me to trust his testimony.
Now, it seems to me that a biographer should take an interest, not
only in the ideas of the character whose biography he attempts to
write, but also in his (day-to-day) life ; a Guenon's biographer
would find many interesting points on Guenon's life in Paul
Chacornac's biography.This being said, what Paul Chacornac doesn't
mention is that Guenon's despise for facts and history, and, in
particular, for political contingencies, mostly due to a knowledge
that was far from being encyclopedic in that matter, was not as
absolute as naive people would like to think and as he was himself
trying to show ;

reading Mutti's book on the influence of Guenon and
Evola in Eastern Europa, one realizes that Guenon was deeply
interested in the Iron Guard movement and in the traditionalist
romanian intellectuals who backed it more or less, more particularly,
and this is when it gets really significant, IN THOSE WHO CONVERTED
TO ISLAM, or were about to, following Guenon's advices one after the
other (we have an expression that is more expressive to describe this
phenomenon).As to the others, just like the roman world, the greek
world, the nordic world, reading Guenon's letters, one realizes that
they didn't even seem to exist in Guenon's eyes.Even Codreanu, the
leader of the Iron Guard, one of the most noble men who have appeared
in two centuries in Europa, didn't seem to find favour with
Guenon.The thing is that Codreanu was a pure orthodox and, as a pure
orthodox, to convert to islam obviously never occured to me.The thing
is also that, in a catholic fashion (christianism was hopefully
rectified by nordic forces in the Middle-Ages) that Dante and Bernard
de Clairvaux wouldn't have disowned, Codreanu never hesitated to take
the gun when necessary, in order to get rid of the extra-european
parasites that were "eating" his country and his people from the
inside.That obviously couldn't appeal to one of the most famous
Guenon's "disciples", Schuon, who, a few years before deciding that,
all things considered, the american Indians' tradition pleased him
more than the islamic one, advocated a "re-spiritualization of Europa
through Islam".

Another thing a Guenon's biographer should pay attention to: the
fact that Guenon, in his books, nor even in his articles, never
encourages anyone to convert to islam, whereas, in his letters, it's
a completely different story: the fact that most of the romanian
intellectuals he corresponded with converted to Islam seems to show
that, behind the "purely spiritual" facade, behind the
famous "objectivity in the name of truth", something totally
different was going on: a constant islamic propaganda.And a
successfull one: the number of Westerners who have converted to Islam
inder the influence of Guenon in the past 50 years is rather high ;
the number of people distorted by Guenon's teachings, even higher.
True Westerners will see exactly what I mean here.

I wouldn't like to disappoint anyone, but it is not necessary at
all for a Westerner to reject the semitic tradition.It is necessary
to reject it only to the extent that it infiltrates the western
tradition and interfers with it in a parasitic way.Simply.Besides,
the western tradition is peculiar to the western man, the indo-
european man, whereas, as many authors shown it, the so-called
semitic tradition is a more or less heterogeneous mix of numerous
teachings taken from various different semitic or non-semitic
traditions.When I write the "so-called semitic tradition", I quote
Evola by the way.The time has come for some people to go
beyond "Revolt against the world world", one of the best title ever
found for a book, but certainly not the best book by Evola.Have you
ever considered Evola's work as being, on a certain level, a
strategical and tactical weapon?Are you familiar with the spiritual
content, the spiritual forces at work in Evola's books?
As Evola pointed it out own many occasions, nothing can be looked
upon as "pure" in the modern world, BUT this is not a reason for not
using purity as a point of reference.On the contrary, more than ever,
it should be our sole point of reference.Something that is positive
for a culture may be negative for another and the other way around:
to get back to your statement on cultural influences.Just an exemple:
the troubadour phenomenon in the european Middle-Ages.Where does that
spirit come from?As you know, from the arabic world.Seen as a major
improvement by most modern scholars, the troubadour phenomenon, on
the contrary, is to be seen as negative for the West from a higher
point of view, and, more than this, from a true western point of
view.That's when the western man started to become effeminate.To cut
a long story short, from a troubadour song to the hollywoodian
sentimentalism, you can draw a line.

Influences at work in history
must be determined and carefully observed and studied, in order to be
refrained or stopped, if ever they start to contaminate one's culture
or civilization, as Evola teaches it.Furthermore, as Evola keeps
mentionning it and as I pointed out the other day, the so-called "Ex
oriente lux" is only true in a geographical meaning, in a sense that,
if the Vedas were the sacred scriptures of the people who dominated
the indian peninsula millenia ago, that people was not aborigenal,
that people was an indo-european people, that had came from the
nordic zone: the "Arya" (the noble men).The Vedas are indo-european
teachings, and those early indo-europeans were pure racists in the
spiritual meaning.Does one only realize why the cast system was
established back then?The cast system was essentially a "racial
frontier".Whether the Ahnenerbe was fully aware of it or not doesn't
change anything to the fact that what they were looking for in Nepal
was an indo-european knowledge, and not an "asian" one.
Do you see the West fighting against islam these days?
All I see is a branch of the semitic family, that has taken control
of the West, using a degenerated West to fight against another branch
of the semitic family.That fight is not ours and never will be
ours.If Guenon had only taken some interest in the tradition of his
ancestors, his despise for it would have soon vanished."Mos majorum",
the cult of the ancestors is the first step to a genuine traditional
behaviour.As far as I am concerned, I cannot look upon christianism
as a reflexion of the genuine western spirit, even though it was
rectified by nordic forces in the Middle-Ages.
All I am trying to point out here is that, in [the current year], a true
Westerner should focus on Evola's writings instead than on Guenon's,
regardless of the high value of the latter. For we are running out of
time.

Linky links:
textosdeinteresse.blogspot.com/2008/05/spiritual-fascism-of-rene-guenon-and.html
kg.vkk.nl/french/organisations.f/om.f/guenon/guenonbiographie.html
alsimsimah.blogspot.com/2014/10/quelques-souvenirs-sur-rene-guenon-et.html

>failed academic
after all those efforts, whereas Evola:
"Guénon said all there is to say about higher education in "La Crise du monde moderne" - in less than one page. Evola, in his early youth, made it a point of refusing any diploma, and, as a matter of fact, refused the one he was entitled to, when he finished his studies.