What happens when the difficulty decreases in 12 hours

Predictions and debate ITT.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoinandtheblockchain.blogspot.co.nz/2017/08/bitcoin-cash-bch-will-regain-mantle-to.html?m=1
reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6urxa2/re_loss_of_hashpower_to_lead_bitcoin_dev_if_this/
coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/bitcoincash-network-hashrate-chart
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bcc will rise before subsequently stagnating and eventually crashing. that is my expert opinion.

Miners mine for money. Once BCC becomes the most profitable chain, miners will shift to BCC, leaving BTC stagnant. ViaPool already did that, now let's wait for the rest.

if miners switch, expect bch to moon to atleast 2k. after that we will see a blood bath of bitcoin whales vs bitcoin cash whales trying to sell off both coins. one coin will crash hard, the other will rise.

BCH to the moon, BTC into the dumpster

In t-10 is the next efficiency adjustment

hype alone will get it to 0.3

What's ViaPool? ViaBTC?

always do the opposite of what Veeky Forums says

this. both will crash, badly. not due to the whales, but even the average retard with access to the internet

USERS AND MERCHANTS ARE NOT MINERS YOU FUCKING IDIOTS

It's funny because I told the people here at -3%

> don't worry, that's nothing

I told them at -4%

> It's going up, trust me

I told them at -5%

> Tomorrow everything will be okay

I told them at -6%

> NANANAANANA, I DON'T HERE YOU!!!

Tomorrow everyone will be like

> oh, I always saw it coming, that's why I flipped early *sobs*

Users and merchants can't transact if no blocks are being mined though. Also, when BCC steals some of BTCs hashrate, do you think people would really want to pay a fucking $10 tx fee?

I saw you before shill, your argument doesn't make sense.. BCH profitability is only short-term. (just like that huge unprofitably was short-term couple days ago). I bought monitor 2 days ago with BTC.

Dont need to be an expert to know that, it will crash back to 400-300 in some time, btc will recover and rise as its main currency of crypto

>BCH profitability is only short-term.

Oh you think so? Keep your BTC :^)

>shill
I'm genuinely concerned, I don't want to see my crypto wiped out if BCC kills BTC, which is a serious possibility. I read this article and it's pretty fucking convincing

bitcoinandtheblockchain.blogspot.co.nz/2017/08/bitcoin-cash-bch-will-regain-mantle-to.html?m=1

Le concerned shill

Even luke is now mining bch

im just gonna sit on alts and hope they recover after this shitfest is over

Oh and the exchanges disabling withdrawal or having "technical difficulties". Nothing to be concerned about. The bank just lost the key to the vault room. Everything is fine. Just come back tomorrow, goy.

I will :) Only profitable becomes nobody is mining it. If they do - who cares? There are dozens of other profitable mining alts.

Love daydtraing BCC
I suggest to get out before the difficulty decreases and wait for a nice dip

Must be priced in already?

*becouse

Chain death spiral is a legitimate concern

Will flippening happen?
As a poor fuck from 3rd world, I really wanna feel the sensation of "whaling" shitcoins with whole BTCs.

Question, why would alts suffer if BCC takes over? How would that effect alts at all?

Wouldn't BCC just become the primary coin we trade against?

We'll see another +100% 2 days in a row. BTC will crash for sure, alts too, but maybe not as hard.

Just leaving this here.

[19:14:23] just pointing out, the algorithim is just busted.
[19:14:40] easily attackable in several profitable ways, plus will mistarget even without an attack
[19:14:44] yeah i see your points, thanks for elaborating
[19:14:49] doesn't even do what the comment in the code says.
[19:14:51] one of the mining pools also pointed this out
[19:14:55] I think it was bixin
[19:15:14] for your scenario, it would take 2 blocks in a 24 hour period?
[19:15:24] ie 1 block for each 12 hour period, twice?
[19:15:25] gmaxwell: if this is published widely price might tank?

Bch is doomed

Context?

autistic LARP'ing

Everyone seems to forget that btc is still the main crypto. It's the easiest one to buy with fiat and every altcoin is paired with btc. For bcc to take down btc it'll have to do the same as btc.

However. I can see bcc mooning IF it can have real life use, as in, you can pay shit with bcc, you can go to the store and buy groceries and etc. BCC may actually become better than BTC in terms of real world use, but I just don't see it becoming the Crypto King like it's been shilled in here unless there is a mass adoption by traders and exchanges for it to be paired exactly the same way as btc is.

People also seem to forget that this isn't a competition between BTC and BCC and which coin will be on top. It's rather an adjustment on which coin will serve which purpose. Which of course doesn't mean that for one to rise the other will crash. Both can rise, both can crash. One may rise, the other may crash. It's not a question of which one will do what in terms of market price. Everyone in here is sudenly a market expert but apparently no one can see this.

A lqrge influx of btc from wallets to exchanges
People try to get rid of their immobilised btc en masse, others refusing to sell unless in fiat or usdt on supported exchange
Bcc wins, alts soar to hitherto unseen heights

Crypto dies and will never go mainstream

Whats the point of investing in something when you can just invent a coin with no use that can take out the staple coun that this whole market is built on?

I cashed everything out, my 100k is sitting pretty in FIAT.

>Crypto dies and will never go mainstream

>XMR price goes down 5%

new fags don't remember that in FEB (they) said they will never accept BTC.
They never said they wouldn't accept BCC.
Max out ETH and BCC.
>END

Moron

This seems to be the most reasonable post I've read about the debate so far.

>What's the point

Same reason as FOMO, greed

BCC is bitcoin.
BTC is jewcoin controlled by the (((Bilderberg Group)))

Ridiculed???

BTC is too hot, and Investors are probably noticing by now that they could make vastly more money from it by taking a loss, fudging some numbers - posting extra logged hours on it (b/c its 24/7) and getting HUUUUUUGE tax breaks for it.

Meanwhile, in Ethereum 2018 land.

>Difficulty decreases.
>Miners jump in.
>Supply increases.
>Price goes down.

This.

bccfiat already exists. even the media has (suprisingly) presented bcc as "bitcoin with faster transactions" for example... if exchanges treat bcc as the new bitcoin if the bitcoin chain dies, then bcc /IS/ the new bitcoin. Blockstream won't be able to convince the news that something that is both slower and more expensive is better... that took a herculean effort and control of communication channels over several years to do with people on the biggest bitcoin forums.

also it's a simple 5 min job to add new pairs to exchanges.

True but thats not till after BCC kills BTC then it will drop slightly and continue to moon just as bitcoin already was

just a protocal change nerd

An extra 37.5 coins an hour in a market with 3bln volume..

It will tip the scales fo sho

except it would be economically smart to not sell of your earning immediately to get a permanent increase in earnings... also you neglected to mention inside there that if miners switch, the btc network will slow to a crawl and fees will go through the roof.

>if miners switch

They won't.
>Some miners switch to BCH.
>BTC mining difficulty falls.
>Which attracts new miners to BTC.

An equilibrium between BTC and BCH will emerge over time.

Could you either paste more, or link to a full log?

BCC will have another mooning.
>1000 US$

you should check your ass for cracks.

Right once difficulty adjusts profitability will swing in favour of BCC. Miners will move to BCC. The question is, will the miners sell BCC immediately in favour of BTC while the profitability is high or will they hold.

Time will tell. More miners do not mean higher prices.

;)

$1100+ by midnight when the difficulty adjusts again for bitcoin cash.

>IRC
HAHAHAHAHAHA
[breathes in]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

pic related kek

BCC is so fun to day trade.

I have no ideological attachment to either, but BCC is the superior coin for nice swing trades.

superior for now, since 11 hours of day 17 it's on a full raise. 11 hour to the second, like some chink decided to make it interesting in some automated fashion.

It's coming. Hash rate has been steadily climbing today. Beginning to pick up the pace now too.

the jews
the jews
the jews are on
fire

Is he an actual Jew?
Surname suggests not, but Jews are known to use goy names to fool goys.

He has a Jew face and behaves like a stereotypical Jew.

chain death spiral is a legitimate attack vector that core accidentally cooked into btc. have you looked at the mathamatical proof yet?

It'll take the people who bought btc in 2017 a while to realize they might have fucked up and realize that just because it was the king, doesn't mean it has to reign forever. Don't get me wrong, first mover is huge advantage and btc is a Goliath of a name, but it isn't the BTC that we remember. And it's not about "durrr Satoshi vision". It's about keeping the decentralized part of our coin decentralized. At least that's my biggest point.

I don't know where this whole thing will end, but I kind of hope that BCC does win, just so we can keep that dignity part of the coin intact. People just hate the fact that they need miners for BTC/BCC to work, and that most of them happen to be Asian. Of course they are in for themselves, but you'd be a fool to think the people at Core aren't in it for themselves as well.

Oh yeah good luck with Core implementing a difficulty change when it took them how long to get block size changed. Core could be 6ft deep before that happens.

well his nose produces a wincing reaction, so does his ears. that's usually how you can tell.

Get out NOW

people see this as win or lose like its a 1 on 1 BTC vs BCC but there is absolutely no reason at all the two cant coexist like the hundred "alts" already do

i just sold my BCH, thanks for the easy money

I already have. I'm almost all in BCC

all...in? Gambler's life it is.

loose butthole.

Almost all in.

They can and probably will coexist for a bit longer. The real killer for btc wil probably be the potential Nov hardfork. You might have idiots think it's another "Free Money Bitcoin Cash LOLLOL shitcoin" and hold their coins, but that hardfork I think would be, or close to, the nail in the coffin of the btc chain. I would expect Bitcoin Cash to take the "crown" if that shit does downhill as fast as I think it could.

People thought BTC as a whole is a huge wealth redistribution..... Bitcoin Cash in itself might be an even bigger one in disguise. Only time will tell.

went and got some food and it's still climbing hmm..

I think, long term, you might be right... But there still might be a pump right before the fork as people stock up on BTC to get as many forked coins as possible.

you ate yesterday.

up

if miners switch together with the decreased difficulty, then epic fast block times, and insane high immediate inflation pressure

everyone who didn't sell their bcc at the very first moment because of exchange issues/getting software working finally got out of it with this last pump. you missed the ath guys

>difficulty decreases

Jihan immediately points all his machines at BCC and does a 51% attack, depositing all BCC in his personal wallet before returning to BTC mining.

nobody is going to take bcc, not many even take btc now. imagine someone trying to buy something and they ask, "so is that gonna be bitcoin cash, bitcoin segwit2x, or regular bitcoin?" shit is not going to work. bitcoin = bitcoin no one is going to change to anything just like almost no one is trading altcoins for ethereum.

>reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6urxa2/re_loss_of_hashpower_to_lead_bitcoin_dev_if_this/

And then the penny drops.

C4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$H

what happens when everyone who wanted to dump has dumped?
>herp

It's the only way to play
(Please gamble responsibly)

Kek

up 123ph in 29 minutes since last screen shot!!

fuck forgot screenshot

do as said, who would have thought biz has sane people

If he does something like that (it's technically not so easy, read Satoshi's posts about that), it would be pointless since the BCH would be worth 0.

Do you want to speculate on something worth 0?

While that's reasonable, it's too boring. I'd rather take a risk and enjoy this show :)

another 25 minute update

if I had that many bitcoin I would play it safe too

where you see dis?

it's coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/bitcoincash-network-hashrate-chart

Also difficulty is lowering again in the next 43 blocks around midnight est

25min update
we just hit 800!

Once antpool opens their bcc pool and with btc.top opening their bcc pool monday it's going to explode.

you know gregory maxwell is one of the smartest and effective motherfucker in the entire crypto space yes

hold on bois big jump in past 12 minutes since last hashrate check.