Why didn't we heed Ike's warning about the Military Industrial Complex?

youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g_CBF318nBY
data.worldbank.org/indicator/MS.MIL.XPND.GD.ZS?locations=US
businessinsider.com/how-the-us-military-spends-its-billions-2015-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because by then it was already too late. Just ask pic related.

Because that would have required an active and informed citizenry which the US hasn't had since the 19th century.

youtube.com/watch?v=g_CBF318nBY

>muh military industrial complex

It won us the Cold War. It's well worth it

>Creates the MIC to contain communism
>Warns about the MIC in his fairwell address

What did he mean by this?

We need it but we must contain it.

why not post this on /k/ and any other thread that you can think of...oh wait you did.

>It won us the Cold War.
What exactly did we win from this?

>why not post this on /k/ and any other thread that you can think of...oh wait you did.
All /k/ did was engage in Ad Hominem and use the /pol/ boogeyman. None of them was interested in discussion. So i decided to go to Veeky Forums. A more rational board.

holy fuck, this isnt the taliban. I swear to god, if I see some stupid faggot post this shit one more fucking time. I garuntee the afghan-soviet war is the most misunderstood war ever

Read: I got rekt by /k/ and now I've come to cry on a board that I think is more liberal.

Because it doesn't actually exist, at least not as a vague shadowy organization that dictates foreign policy to make profit.

data.worldbank.org/indicator/MS.MIL.XPND.GD.ZS?locations=US
businessinsider.com/how-the-us-military-spends-its-billions-2015-8

The U.S. does not have a consistent amount of military spending as a percentage of its GDP, and most of what it does spend goes to maintenance and personnel costs, not stuff that those evil MIC people can line their pockets with.

>board that I think is more liberal.

>And don't forget that the Taliban still has stinger missiles given to them by Ronald Reagan.

That's almost certainly not true.

The Soviet Union fell
How can you be so sheltered that you don't realize this is a good thing for America

>What exactly did we win from this?

You're not living in a radioactive wasteland surrounded by mutants and raiders.

All those men in that picture died fighting the taliban you stupid faggot

>holy fuck, this isnt the taliban. I swear to god, if I see some stupid faggot post this shit one more fucking time. I garuntee the afghan-soviet war is the most misunderstood war ever
I don't think people give a shit what sort of Islamist group Reagan supported.

>I don't think people give a shit what sort of Islamist group Reagan supported.

of course not, they are just typical stoner psuedo intellectuals who watch some TedX talk and think they are experts on a subject. They also just see some afghans that the US supporter and think its the Taliban. Anyone with even a little bit of knowledge knows it is all Pakistans shit. They captured the leader of the Taliban in 2010 and then just released him inside their own country

>Read: I got rekt by /k/ and now I've come to cry on a board that I think is more liberal.
Yes. ''Poltard'' ''Nazi'' ''Commie'' and all sorts of buzzword no jutsu is me getting ''rekt''

Go check the sources if you don't believe it.

>
Kek

the taliban was formed in 1996, this picture was taken in 1983. Go fuck yourself

Tankie go home

You guys won by walkover...
#effort

Without our MIC we wouldn't have the best army, navy and airforce in the world.
Now, having the biggest dick in the world might not appeal to hippy dippy college students and dumb isolationist dweebazoids, but it sure as hell appeals to me, and to a lot of other Americans.

Someone make an SCP page for the MIC

>the taliban was formed in 1996, this picture was taken in 1983. Go fuck yourself
Okay i stand corrected, but that doesn't matter. Reagan still gave weapons and support to Islamists. Including Osama Bin Laden himself.
>After leaving college in 1979, bin Laden went to Pakistan, joined Abdullah Azzam and used money and machinery from his own construction company to help the Mujahideen resistance in the Soviet war in Afghanistan. He later told a journalist: "I felt outraged that an injustice had been committed against the people of Afghanistan." Under CIA's Operation Cyclone from 1979 to 1989, the United States and Saudi Arabia provided $40 billion worth of financial aid and weapons to almost 100,000 Mujahideen and "Afghan Arabs" from forty Muslim countries through Pakistan's ISI. Bin Laden met and built relations with Hamid Gul, who was a three-star general in the Pakistani army and head of the ISI agency.

>Including Osama Bin Laden himself.

Prove it.

I just posted it. He was one of the Aghan Arab Mujahideen.

You realize there has been a shitload of investigation about whether Osama had contact with the CIA?

Like, a lot of people wanted to know if that happened.

There is no evidence of it happening.

Now here's some critical thinking for the day, why would the CIA bother with a bunch of Arab trust fund babies when there were hundreds of thousands of pissed off Afghans in refugee camps all along the AfPak border.

>You realize there has been a shitload of investigation about whether Osama had contact with the CIA?
>Like, a lot of people wanted to know if that happened.
>There is no evidence of it happening.
You got be fucking kidding with. He literally was one of the Mujahideen the U.S backed during the Soviet invasion.
>Now here's some critical thinking for the day, why would the CIA bother with a bunch of Arab trust fund babies when there were hundreds of thousands of pissed off Afghans in refugee camps all along the AfPak border.
Because unlike those piss poor Refugee Afghanis, Arab Jihadis Like Osama bin Laden were rich as fuck millionaires who could afford weapons and resources.

No he wasnt. You need to look into Osamas whole philosophy, which was you dont accept assistance from filthy infidel plebs. He was a billionaire and sought to fund rebel groups himself and hated the idea of muslims being the lapdogs of americans as he saw it.

Fast forward to the gulf war, and he wanted to fund and raise a rebel group for Saudi Arabia to fight Iraq, but got really pissed once he learned Sauds were going to have American troops enter and protect their country. It got the the point where he was so critical of them he was kicked out of the country.

okay, thank you for responding.
same rationale as a cross dresser uses.
Veeky Forums ...now with more reasoning.
kek
what a great commercial that would make.

>one of the Mujahideen

mujaheddin isnt a specific group user, its just a general term. Its like saying "freedom fighter"

The Taliban has stinger missiles they why aren't they currently using them right now? I mean, if they really do have a huge stockpile of Reagan-era Stingers stashed somewhere, then you think they would have been using them by now, don't you think? You really think that we'd have many reports of US helicopters being shot down by stinger missiles.

so if that were true, then why is the time stamp later on /k/ than Veeky Forums?
riddle me that OP rational.

>were rich as fuck millionaires who could afford weapons and resources

So why exactly would the CIA fund those guys?

They don't need it.

>so if that were true, then why is the time stamp later on /k/ than Veeky Forums?
>riddle me that OP rational.
The Veeky Forums thread looked dead and no one seemed to reply so i made the /k/ thread, then some poster went full /pol/ boogeyman in the /k/ thread and it ended being a shitshow. I went to check the Veeky Forums again and found it didn't die.

>So why exactly would the CIA fund those guys?
>They don't need it.
They fund them with weapons and tanks.

okay

This thread is dead. I'm deleting it.

Ah shit i forgot i can't delete it when it's this old. I'm a retard.