Can anyone give me a quick rundown as to why people are getting angry at BitPay?

Can anyone give me a quick rundown as to why people are getting angry at BitPay?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@DCGco/bitcoin-scaling-agreement-at-consensus-2017-133521fe9a77
thinkprogress.org/bitcoin-by-the-privileged-for-the-privileged-113ea4afcc66/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it takes 5 days and costs $100 on fees now that bitcoin doesn't have any miners left

Just the way (((core))) wants it

>0.0001 BCC has been deposited in your account

So there was an agreement called the NYA in wich the majority of Bitcoin Payment services and Miners decided to switch to another fork on november called the segwit 2x fork.

Here is the list of companies that will do this: medium.com/@DCGco/bitcoin-scaling-agreement-at-consensus-2017-133521fe9a77

The fork will implement a 2MB blocksize instead of 1MB. Core wants to have a 1MB blocksize because they care about fast node synchronisation and 2MB blocks take much more time to sync than 1MB blocks.

The reasoning of core is that forking should be a last resort step that isnt't yet needed because of segwit and Internet connection worldwide isn't very good everywhere so thats why they want smallest block size to keep all the nodes in sync.

It's important because if a network isn't in sync a miner could mine for a long time on a bad block and this costs resources.

Core is literally the Jews of crypto. Want to escape the jews with crypto? Haha just kidding

are you retarded? 2mb and 1mb blocks take virtually the same time to sync.

this isn't the 90s where it takes 40 mins to load a jpeg on the internet.

the real reason is that after the fork core won't have any control over bitcoin at all. its going to be a bloody fight, but segwit2x has 90% of the hash rate signaling right now so core is fucked.

im really, really interested to see what people do when btc and segwit2x split and the btc token loses 90% of its value to an "alt coin"

We'll know core is done when we see another round of "why you shouldn't buy cryptocurrency" articles. Maybe with a few "is segwit2x racist?" hitpieces thrown in for good measure

i ordered a pizza some days ago at btc peak,
price was 9€.
fees were 1,70€
and BitPay charged me another 3€ like WTF. My wallet was set to second lowest transaction fees and i never had any problems with transaction speed before

fuck bitpay

>is segwit2x racist?
i kekd

Wow. Didn't think you kinds of ppl were still alive.

THERE IS FUCKING AFRICA FOR EXAMPLE.

Fuck africa

thinkprogress.org/bitcoin-by-the-privileged-for-the-privileged-113ea4afcc66/

This is correct. You're applying common sense to the purported "reasons" of core.

Bitcoin Cash has pushed out 8MB blocks and everything's fine. Miners can also limit their own blocks- (the default setting in Bitcoin Cash is just 2MB) so IF larger blocks made it harder to claim a reward they'd just naturally limit their blocks to less than the network maximum!

All of core's motivation boils down to keeping on-chain transactions as expensive as possible in order to maximize demand for off-chain solutions where Blockchain can profit.

1. Bitpay didn't suck Core's dick and agree to a permanently crippled blockchain. They instead sided with an overwhelming majority of miners in order to push along Segwit2x.

2. This made core and blockstream really butthurt, so now they're trying to suggest there's going to be serious consequences for not playing ball with "the family".

why 8MB? why not 16MB? 32MB?

BitBean is a meme coin yet it has 20MB blocks.

They probably figured out that was the amount needed. You gotta have a limit though to prevent spam

as long as i get my free alt coins, i dont really care.

Do world a favour and kill yourself

They supported the economic terrorists propped up by Jihan.
You'll all be added to the list.

>so IF larger blocks made it harder to claim a reward they'd just naturally limit their blocks to less than the network maximum!
That's fucking scary. Fuck the miners, fuck the BCH.. does it have any actual use cases, who will accept BCH payments when there's hardly any Litecoin merchants who accept it after how many years? I'm dumping it.

Lighting network is not vaporware

As a spice that whole artical made me rage so badly. The whole thing was basically niggers and spice need to be handhold and carefore since their retarded. God I need to punch a dem in the face.

What moron is going to attempt to mine crypto in Africa? I mean, cost of infrastructure and electricity already precludes most people from mining on any continent, let alone the cultural aspect unique to Africa that the vast majority of online traffic from that continent is over mobile networks or through internet cafes. Hell, only 30-40% of the continent is even serviced by any internet provider period. Mining crypto in Africa id's more likely to be stopped by a fucking crocodile attack than by a block size increase lel.

>but Africa can't keep up with block processing on anything larger than 1mb!
Seriously, what a retarded edge case reason to attempt to justify hamstringing bitcoin.

who gives a fuck about those niggers

Luckily niggers don't need to download the blockchain you stupid fucking shill

Is segwit2x racist?

das racist

to answer your question OP, bitpay said you needed to upgrade to segwit via code from a repo called BTC1, not bitcoin's official code base which is segwit 2x

Now to address all the other fucking idiots in this thread

segwit 2x was a compromise, to unite big blockers and segwit people.
The big blockers were the ones that didn't want unity and forked their own coin and made BCH

At this point, there's no more compromise, who are the segwit people compromising for, when the big blockers just did their own coin? Nobody.

NYA agreement fell apart when big blockers made their own coin so the people that originally agreed to NYA will re-evaulate, especially considering the fact that the code base for BTC1 is complete shit and there's isn't even any replay protection. How is this codebase going to inherit a coin with a 70 billion marketcap? How do you trust your coins will remain secure with shitty development? It's obvious there's a lot of bark but not a lot of bite.

This move by bitpay is to once again attack bitcoin by the big blockers (even though they have their own coin now they still want to fuck with BTC). Why? So they can pump and dump BCH.

If you can't see that you're an idiot.

> to answer your question OP, bitpay said you needed to upgrade to segwit via code from a repo called BTC1, not bitcoin's official code base which is segwit 2x

Correction, I mean BTC1 forces segwit 2x on you with a shitty repo that's not even being developed with no replay protection

Let me also mention that segwit 2x will have NO support if it hard forks. Why? Because big blockers don't like segwit and segwit people don't like big blocks. It was a COMPROMISE to keep big blockers and segwit people together but obviously that failed when big blockers made their own coin.

This user speaks truth.

dont be a racist

I am a super-feminist black-lives-matter type. An anti-capitalist, not a libertarian or "crypto-anarchist," and I can confirm that article is trash.

" Despite being wronged by the system again and again, women and people of color actually don’t want a smaller government. " who the fuck is this writer to speak for ALL women and people of color about what THEY monolithically want? Absolutely disgusting.

This is the person who is in that article unequivocally stating what all people of color (and all women) need and want.

Wow it's like you hate everything that makes society prosper. I am impressed with your consistency.

well i literally am anti-society

Why be against society? A functional society makes things better for everyone involved. It's one of the few examples of mutually beneficial relationships.

Found the Unabomber