Im having a terrible existential crisis, and its putting me in a deep depression. What do I do to stop this?

im having a terrible existential crisis, and its putting me in a deep depression. What do I do to stop this?

short-term dopamine releases via drugs or enjoyable activities

part of it is death anxiety
what cheers you up user

>"there is no difference between life and death".
Greek philosopher who I'm to lazy to look up

This. It's literally irrelevant whether you live or not, except that you're certain that while living you can enjoy sensations. If your life sucks or you don't find it enjoyable just kill yourself.

same, I have no idea what to do either, I have a few side hustles going like life extension, learning to code and stock market research, it makes me feel like I am going somewhere, but I don't know

do you work out?

>It's literally irrelevant whether you live or not
says who?
i hate it, and i dont want to kms because of family and friends

i go for walks and run sometimes but this shit makes me ponder and it gets worse

From the perspective of someone who has an existentialist crisis, it should be irrelevant whether you live or are dead.

Rage yourself in a game

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy

this is part of my crisis, i have paranoid death anxiety and i dont know what happens when you die

What you think of at the time is death is what you become in the next life. If you would like specifics on the intermediate state between births then the Tibetan Book of the Dead vividly describes it. However, such information is extraneous as the state is a deeper state of consciousness than sleep and very hard to become lucid in. Additionally, what one remembers at the time of death depends on how one lived his life. If he was a family man dearly attached to his wife, he thinks of his wife at death and is reborn into the body of a woman. If one thinks of God however, one is liberated from the miserable cycle of birth and death. Therefore it is recommended

Aren't you at least a bit curious and excited about the answer though?

>Look up school of life on youtube
>Watch their existentialist videos, e.g. the Albert Camus video
>Read/watch more shit about Albert Camus.
>Read/watch shit about Epicureanism

I do not believe in God or any kind of absolute meaning after having gone through an existential crisis. I don't rule out their existence either.

However, I think what Christopher Hitchens said about the Abrahamic Gods being celestial dictators to be incredibly true. In a certain sense, I'm glad they do not exist since it means I actually am a free individual.

I'm really tired at this point so I don't know how helpful this is, but you should just embrace the absurdity of life. As far as we know, this is the only one you have, so you should make the most of it; pursue your interests and ambitions, and you'll have found meaning in your life. It worked for me.

why should you be excited?

You literally dont know what lies beyond at all. It dosent even have to be a god either, it can be a 4d programmer or something

Because you get to know the answer. Duh.

> i dont know what happens when you die

Literally no one does, so there's no point being afraid of it.

“To fear death, gentlemen, is no other than to think oneself wise when one is not, to think one knows what one does not know. No one knows whether death may not be the greatest of all blessings for a man, yet men fear it as if they knew that it is the greatest of evils.” Socrates.

If anyone ever tries to tell you what's going to happen to YOU, not your body, after you die then they're bullshitting you.

Getting hopped up on a fear of death is just hindering your ability to find meaning in your life.

whats makes you think that? the universe/program/multiverse we live in dosent owe anything to you
its just kinda like a paranoid type thing. Nobody knows if it will be literal hell, or heaven or anything inbetween. Its just depressing to know there is a chance everyone on earth is marching towards eternal pain and suffering and noone knows it

I've been throught this dude, and I know how terrible it feels. I copypasted this from some guys comment on Reddit and I modified a little bit. I don't know anything about you, but most of these stuff worked for me (I still feel like shit sometimes, but life it's getting better) so I hope it helps you too. We all gonna make it, brah.

>Work out
>Play some sports (soccer, BJJ, disc golf, whatever)
>Join a club where you can meet nice people
>Stop playing video games cold turkey for a while
>Get politically active if you give a shit about things like that
>Volunteer
>Dress in a way that makes you feel confident and makes your peers think you're cool
>Get a nice haircut
>Eat decently
>Never give up (sounds trite I know, but when one club or hobby or major or friend group doesnt really work out, move on to the next one, don't stop and wallow)
>Jerk off less
>See a therapist for at least 2-3 months
>See a psychiatrist and ~maybe~ get some antidepressants to use at least in the short term
>Dont be a lil bitch and work hard
>You can be a loner for 2, 3, 4 years and rebound into being social and happy very quickly, you are probably cooler than you think you are
>Listen to NPR so you're thinking about the world around you and not yourself all the time
>(If you do) Smoke weed less than half the days in the week and if you cant moderate yourself that much then quit entirely
>Dont waste too much time on Veeky Forums or the internet on general
>Be considerate with others
>Alcohol + aquaintances = new friends
>Get a fuckin job
>Try to be busy working on stuff from 9-5 on weekdays

extras

>Learn to play an instrument
>Dont be a hater
>Dont waste time thinking about someone who doesnt put thoughts into you
>Try to follow at least one sport so you can talk about it with others
>Don't kill yourself

Grow up. Existential crises are for middle-class teenagers with nothing to do.

sure, because im simply the next thought in my mind, but it dosent take away the fact that anxiety happens when i do ponder why the universe exists and if there is a creator

Embrace it, recognize morality is a social construct, and build your own moral code.
Become the ubermenschen mein nigger

What's up? Philosophy 201 too difficult?

I lost my shit about 7 years ago and am still picking up the pieces, so don't do anything too extreme. Tell me what's happening

I do know, though, at least scientifically, and I have no religion or belief if mysticism and that makes it worse (not op but having a similar situation after a close relative died that's been going on for months now and also have depression)

A bunch of neitzche schooenhour and weed

>just bee urself :)

>schooenhour
idk what this is.

Read some Kierkegaard. Comfy christian philosophy.

Probably get off the weed man. I mean I'm guessing by this response you're at most 20. Opens your life up. Apart from anything else what Randy says in South Park is the closest thing to the real deal that I've heard in media about weed

Yeah I'm starting to think it's a paranoid episode from the weed. I'm not depressed per say. Even though the thoughts that I have are completely ontologically true and viable

the logical choice is to embrace your only life, full force, no lube

but we're not logical, of course

Yeah ontology's a gig man. Still I mean how do you really want to be?

Heidegger is really good to give you some sort of ontological understanding of the world around you. More to the point get involved in the community and stop smoking weed in a room on your own.

t. diagnosed schizophrenic from an existential psychosis from smoking weed in a room on my own

What happened to you?

Long story... Basically sperged out and went full radical disbelief, so really full on stuff. Started talking to Egyptian gods. Carried on like a complete fuckwit and alienated everyone close to me.

Went completely mental man. Was really bad. Lucky to be alive really

I'm afraid something like this will happen to me. I don't know if I'm being a hypochondriac or paranoid or whatever. I have had no hallucinations but get insane paranoia when I smoke so I stopped. What do you mean sperged out? Were you really seeing gods?

idk about seeing but yeah talking to or whatever you'd call it.

Yeah I mean I've had mental health issues when I smoke since I was about 16 I guess. First time I smoked I was hearing music that wasn't there but I still kept it up.

Hard to explain really. Mainly just super convinced that a lot of stuff that I thought was happening was going on and it just wasn't. But I acted as if it was. Annoyed a lot of people. If I had been lucky I would have just been chucked in the psych ward when I was about 24 but it just didn't happen so I spiralled more and more into delusional bullshit. When I finally started to snap out of it it was far too late.

31 now and on disability because I find it really hard to work. Can't study even though I have like 5 units left on a degree. Basically just a joke.

I guess it's just really hard for me to comprehend spiraling into delusional bullshit. Never had a psychotic break. Although I have heard parts of songs like you have when I was high

Yeah man honestly don't smoke weed again. Or at least give in a couple of months between smokes.

Once that genie's out of the bottle there's nothing you can do to put it back. Its not some tumbler shit where you have """headmates""" and they're your buddys, it ruins your life.

literally this

Do not go to Veeky Forums, work out, try to socialize and read a book