Tfw you're smarter than 99% of people to ever live but still are a C student

>tfw you're smarter than 99% of people to ever live but still are a C student

Well you're clearly not then. This whole "smart but lazy" thing is such a fucking joke. You're obviously not smart enough to not be lazy

>tfw im the smartest person who ever lived but no one appreciates my feefees

>Success in the educational system is a good representation of intelligence
That is a biggest meme of them all
memory =/= intelligence

Being a good student doesn't make you intelligent, and being intelligent doesn't make you a good student. Sadly, you're neither.

neither a good student nor a good student?

Neither intelligent, nor a good student.

>thinking that academia is about memorizing stuff

You clearly never did any research.

Hope you'll be smart enough to get it together.
I failed my first year of college. I wasn't stupid. My major was.

If you think you're smarter than 99% of people to ever live, you're one dumb motherfucker

Smarteror more well informed? 99% people to ever live didn't own an ipad with internet

Memory is essential to be intelligent though

Bad grades do not mean you are dumb, saying retarded stuff like this means your dumb, your assumption is completely unjustified

t. brainlet

Largely, but not entirely true.

Primary school conditions people who are smart to think that they can do fuck all and still get ahead. The only time this should be a problem though is in later years of college with courses that require more attention though; High School and the first two years of college are a fucking meme, speaking from experience: I have never studied once in my life and up until my third year, I had a 3.7 GPA. It's a fair bit lower than that now, and I basically offset courses I'm not interested in (that I do poorly in because I hate the material) with courses that I love (that I do well in, because I love the material).

Regardless, it's something that people need to cure themselves of, because it's going to hurt them in life.

If you're making a C in every single class, then, yeah, you're not smart, but GPA isn't a great measure because it doesn't tell the full story; I doubt I'm atypical in that there are classes that I bomb and others that I ace.

Its a bit of a meme but the ideal or virtue in study is the go here. Had you been focusing on your studies rather than trying to pass it would have never come up

inb4 >tfw too smart to be a virtuous person

>skipped lots of classes and didn't study or do homework
>had average grades
>believe I'm some intelectual who can have perfect grades if he actually tries
>final exam
>study for a month
>have only slightly above average grades

>was the smartest kid in all of primary school, had the fastest reading speed and did well on all subjects (not sure if was high iq or legitimate autism)
>was harassed by other kids, made me anxious and had some suicidal thoughts
>Enter highschool
>Start a bit as a normie, but end turning into a depressed piece of shit with no ambitions because of further isolation, depression fucks my attention span and get bad grades
>become a wageslave that wants to be a NEET but no welfare nor willing parents
>tfw i'll probably kill myself before learning basic chinese or do something worthy in life

I'm sorry, user, but there's no excuse in high school; it's easy as shit. I had fucking Crohn's disease screwing me over, and I still only failed one class.

underrated

I know lots of people who are borderline retarded but got really high grades because they were addicted to studying and getting validation from grades. Sorry for sounding like a redditor but I am very smart but I didn't really like studying or care that much about grades so my GPA was just 'pretty good' rather than perfect.

I think that most people are capable of good grades if they put in enough effort, the most important factor is how much they like school and are willing to buy in to the ideology of grades.

Brainlet detected

Memory is the core component of intelligence. Pattern recognition depends on good memory. Faulty memory and poor memory is a sign of low intelligence.

A lot of people feel this way but usually somewhere in your 20s you realize that it's not actually true and you're maybe marginally smarter than the average person

I also suspect that many people here like myself have a trivial knowledge that has little real life skill or application except for maybe trivia nights at bars or appearing on Jeopardy!

Literally every single person missed the point of this thread

>always the laziest dude
>only As in primary school
>only As in High School
>95% in the final exam
>college: 1.3 average B.A.
>1.1. M.A.
>always full academic scholarship
>now working on my PhD

I got pretty fat due to laziness but always had qt gfs to it's fine. Also is a brainlet.

It's really not hard if you pay attention in class and make sure you know the basic shit they've been teaching. Trying to cram months worth of shit into your brain in the span of a week is fucking moronic and I'll never understand the people who speed binge to study and wonder why they still don't know shit.

>too intelligent to be successful.