The Deluge

How important was this event?

Other urls found in this thread:

ampoleagle.com/polands-old-persian-connection-p4800-96.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_General_Crisis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pyrrhic victory at its finest.
Lots of destroyed and stolen artifacts. Destroyed countryside. The entire 17th century was like that. PLC was winning wars but in the long run it proved fatal.

The PLC was basically winning everything, but at a high price.
Killing everyone but dying of its wounds a hundred years later and never recovered fully, while everyone else was much quicker to regenerate and eventually came back for Poland's head. Poland fought hard, though, a valliant fight

swedish *******men***********

Sweden was reduced to irrelevance shortly after, also.

Before the wars Poland was THE rising power, and almost had a roman-esque feel to it since its winged hussars in a way looked like roman legionaires on horseback, and had high skill, while at the same time had a growing economy.. and even after the wars kept its independence for a hundred years, but by then it was sapped and the Prussian bastards, once loyal vassals, were ready to put the final wound in the majestic beast

Aye, and those cunts deserve it, shame to them for 1000 years!

>two geographically natural allies bleed each other instead of forging alliance against russia/hre
brainlets

They got off lightly for having spent the whole 17th century raping and pillaging Europe.

This, swedes should've been annexed and raped by Russia just like the Finland they abandoned to the tzar.

Fucking house of Vasa ruined the east.
All because they were butthurt at each other for being Catholic/Luteran.

Once again proving the superiority of Orthodoxy over Proddie brainlets.

Were Swedish absolutely retarded? What on Earth were they thinking, when they crippled the only natural enemy Russia had?

PLC was the Rome of its time.

It's quite ironic that Sweden became an empire after they looted PLC, it only shows how rich and prosperous it was.

Same happened with Friedrich the Great. Poland and Poles from progressive and cultural elite of Europe became a third world slavic shithole that everyone laughs about and doesn't even consider them western, even though their country was the most "Western" in the whole Europe

Well it was kinda like proto-USA with so many nations. I don't know if it's fair to assume that it also created a few of its own.

And where is Prussia now?

As a Pole, I cry when I see the descent of Poland.

>As a Pole,

Oh yeah, I forgot my German ancestry in this thread...

Bump

should've done it about sarmatian wewuzery.

A guy with tangled, unwashed long hair (kołtun) and a pedo mustache looking up to a persian warrior

And yet this made up claim was proven to be somehow true in the 21st century.

>And yet this made up claim was proven to be somehow true in the 21st century.
Source?

ampoleagle.com/polands-old-persian-connection-p4800-96.htm

I don't know if it's the right one because I think the news was more recent but of course all Slavs are from the east anyway.

The declining east cannibalizing itself instead of rallying. Slavs being slavs.

Produced many polish nationalist memes, and confused many a pole that they were ever of any relevance. Its dark consequences can still be felt today, as poles still claim former greatness for no reason.

>Slavs are from the east anyway.
so are all Europeans

I don't think it's because of Catholic/Lutheran stuff. Certainly that played a part, and the ruling classes used it as justification. I think it's because they were the only two countries that mattered in Eastern Europe at the time. Prussia and Russia were backwaters, and Prussia/Germany as a whole had suffered immensly in the Thirty Years War and was in no position to fight a major war. Noone gave a fuck about Russia at that point, so it made sense for the Swedes to attack their one rival at the time.

Was it dumb in hindsight, yes. But at the time, could anyone have foreseen the rise of Russia? And the only reason Prussia mattered in the world is due to Frederick II and Tsar Paul's autism, all that was a hundred years later.

I wonder if it's possible to find out who was the last person remembering PLC. I found one Stanisław Zakrzewski born in 1780 died in 1891 but no doubt he wasn't the last if at least one person born in 1795 lived to be nearly 100.

Sweden deserves everything that's happening to it.

Fucking snowniggers, always ruining everything.

>tfw no Intermarium

Poor poles, now they are so irrelevant that a single crazy politician who enjoys going to anime conventions makes news.

But intermarium is coming back only now they call it three-sea initiative so it wouldn't look like it was our idea.

slavs are the closest to iranians linguistically and genetically

Holy shit why I didn't know about this.

>Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Croatia, Slovenia and Austria.

We Pilsudski now.

>slavshits are larping as iranians now
hitler should've finished the job, so the aryan world would be free of slavic pest

>now
It's been the case since the 1600s german boi

This. The early modern period was the true dark age.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_General_Crisis

"The Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, the largest state in Europe, temporarily disappeared. In addition, there were secessions and upheavals in several parts of the Spanish Empire, the world’s first global empire. In Britain the entire Stuart monarchy (Kingdom of England, Kingdom of Scotland, Kingdom of Ireland, and British America) rebelled. Political insurgency and a spate of popular revolts seldom equaled shook the foundations of most states in Europe and Asia. More wars took place around the world in the mid-17th century than in almost any other period of recorded history. The crises spread far beyond Europe—for example Ming China, the most populous state in the world, collapsed.[10]
China’s Ming dynasty and Japan’s Tokugawa shogunate had radically different economic, social, and political systems. However they experienced a series of crises during the mid-17th century that were at once interrelated and strikingly similar to those occurring in other parts of the world at the same time.[11] Frederic Wakeman argues that the crisis which destroyed the Ming dynasty was partly a result of the climatic change as well as China’s already significant involvement in the developing world economy. Bureaucratic dishonesty worsened the problem. Moreover, the Qing dynasty’s success in dealing with the crisis made it more difficult for it to consider alternative responses when confronted with severe challenges from the West in the 19th century.[12]"

so the world was getting colder and people were pissed, they needed to kill and destroy and punch stuff

Bump

I once worked under Andrzej Rottermund. Was a bro