Hello... and welcome to the History of Rome

>Hello... and welcome to the History of Rome

Tell us about history, based comfy man of learning.

>*smacks lips*

More importantly, tell me about Harry's high quality German razors.

I took a few Roman history courses, were all the same shit over and over:

>Romans weren't as brutal as you think!
>Rome was basically the coming of christ
>The issues with Caligula/Nero were exaggerated
>Jews were the ISIS of their day
>Constantine ruined everything

how accurate was the series? any glaring errors or pretty standard stuff?

>you will never fuck Lynda on your comfortable Casper mattress after shaving your pubes with Harry's high quality German razors while listening to this week's recommended raunchy romance novel on Audible
why even live?

Everything about it was fantastic with the exception of his terrible pronunciation. I'd still give it 10/10.

I re-listened to the early episodes and he sounded so pissed when he had to do the ads
I posted a pronunciation guide on one of the revolutions episodes, I hope mike-sama listened to me

This is actually true though...

considering Mossad armed and trained ISIS along with the CIA, Jews are the ISIS of today as well

you are right. ISIS = ISRAELI SECRET INTELLIGENCE SERVICES. it is not Islamic, the genocide going on this very moment is being committed by the same prophet-killers who attempted to kill the Prophet Isa (pbuh).

>the Coredull-yee club

Jews are still ISIS

I'm no /pol. but Jews in the Roman area were indeed crazy. Also vicious fighters that never gave up. Their uprisings destroyed multiple Roman legions. Their tenacity and prowess impressed the Romans who often wrote that Jews were formidable fighters.

How they went from that to Larry David I dunno, though some of it comes out again in Israel I guess

The fall of Rome podcast is a great follow up to this.

>How they went from that to Larry David I dunno

Jews have always been fighters if you really look into it. Now that they are in America and don't have to fight all the time they lost it. The ones in Israel still have it. I mean not only were the Communist Jews brutal, so were the Fascist Zionist Militias which were basically death squads. I remember reading about this near-pogrom in Middle Age Russia that started when a Christian fisherman was arguing with a Jew complaining about the prices and the Jew punched him straight in the dome and he died on the spot. Then a Christian mob tried to destroy the Jewish quarter and they fought them back and the King's ordered people to intervene and not a single Jew died.

>everyone who criticizes jews is /pol/
Stop this shit.

Fuck off /pol/

[person X] could rest safe assured that [person Y] would never attack.

Next episode, [person Y] attacks [person X].

This dude is why I got so into Roman Republic history.

this x100000000
>"Meanwhile the Jews in the region of Cyrene had put one Andreas at their head and were destroying both the Romans and the Greeks. They would cook their flesh, make belts for themselves of their entrails, anoint themselves with their blood, and wear their skins for clothing. Many they sawed in two, from the head downwards. Others they would give to wild beasts and force still others to fight as gladiators. In all, consequently, two hundred and twenty thousand perished. In Egypt, also, they performed many similar deeds, and in Cyprus under the leadership of Artemio. There, likewise, two hundred and forty thousand perished. For this reason no Jew may set foot in that land, but even if one of them is driven upon the island by force of the wind, he is put to death. Various persons took part in subduing these Jews, one being Lusius, who was sent by Trajan."

It's a good podcast. He's a little dry sometimes, and doesn't spend nearly enough time going in - depth on culture or certain people/events, but it's a great entry level series on Roman history.

but everyone who posts this mouthbreathing idiocy is /pol/