Jim Rogers. Is this guy legit...

Jim Rogers. Is this guy legit? My friend watched some of his lectures or something and now he won't shut up about how 2018-19 are going to be massive economic disasters. Also, this Jim Rogers guy seems to think that China is going to dominate the world and everyone should move to Asia.

Can someone redpill me about this faggot Jim Rogers so that I can tell my friend to stfu.

Nukes will prevent this. :)

Well since 2008 not a single thing has been done to prevent another disaster. Congress has raised the debt ceiling once? Twice? Nobody around the world has done anything about rampant property speculation, loan bubbles, the crypto market is probably in a bubble..

If thing aren't going to go to shit, they're certainly no less close to it

How can you take this guy seriously? just look at his face. Look at him. That slight smirk, those dishonest, scheming eyes, you know he's up to something.

>2018-19 are going to be massive economic disasters

Yeah, that's not hard to predict though. Capitalism runs in cycles.

>not realizing when the regular economy tanks there will be huge capital flight to crypto which will cause a crypto boom while international stock/bonds markets die

>he says he follows Austrian economics
>surprised when they say a disaster is on the horizon
It's literally all they do these days. If I said there's going to be a collapse every day until the end of time, it will eventually happen regardless of the reasons I said would make it happen

he's a very smart guy, but problem is a lot of these people say every year is going to be a disaster and then they push back on their prediction a little more when it doesn't happen. But still, with all this drama happening across the world, maybe he could end up being right this time.

Surely this man above all else before him can time the market.

timing the market is a matter of predicting the future, if one person or group has a plan in place aside from their capital which will cause a ripple effect that they know will change th e course of the future, then they will be in a position to corner the market
>how did Warren Buffet make his money
>how did George Soros make his money
>how did the first Rothschild corner the entire London stock system after the Napoleonic wars (which were mostly economic)

This is one possibility. The other is that, since you can't pay your rent with Ethereum, people will be leaving crypto in droves in order to shore up their sudden lack of USD. Having 8 BTC won't mean much if your house is being repossessed.

The truth is we don't know, since we as a community have never had to face a world-wide economic recession like the one from 2008.

china dominating is a fact idk about the rest

the guy has been wrong about every single prediction since 2008

he made all his money trading on inside info with soros exposed as a retard

Go read "Fooled by Randomness" before beleiving anyone saying to be "economist".

Or just read about Survivorship bias and tell your friend to stfu.

Interesting points there

Will normies ever accept crypto?

He's an endless doom-and-gloom guy. He has never said the economy would do well, even when it did. He bet on China replacing the US and supported the chicoms every step of the way. He then moved to singapore after the Chinese made him stop dick riding, and now he claims forget China, SIngpore is the next major market frontier. He also preaches that North Korea will be a bastion of economic growth in the coming years. The dude is nutty.

this is a fallacy. The last thing people will want to be in is crypto if the world goes to shit

Thanks for all the replies.

>fact

Explain please. Doesn't China have a buttload of problems of their own such as an aging population, massive debt, etc

>Having 8 BTC won't mean much if your house is being repossessed
It does. At least the jews can not repossess your crypto if it's on your own pseudonymous wallet.

It protects your assets against laws, taxes, confiscation and shit.

Everywhere else in the world outside USA the concept of non-recourse debt is very uncommon. (Murricans just can default on their real estate loan and keep their cars bank account stocks untouched)
Everywhere else if you default on a loan they take all.jpg your assets to cover the debt.
However crypto offers a whole new world for borrowers in these normal countries.
They can take out a real estate loan against their salary and maybe 10% down payment and keep the rest of my money protected in crypto.

If the market goes tits up they only have to suffer the loss of their down payment but the rest of their assets stay protected by crypto since they are not linked to their name.

you're assuming that the US govt wont print itself out of a crisis again. Increased money supply yields inflation.
BTC and decent cryptos are fixed in number. that means that they have an inverse relationship with the USD, in relation to inflation. All else being equal, if the US economy tanks, crypto will go thru the roof as a stable alternative to Treasuries. you don't have to hoard gold (and pay a shit ton of storage fees) anymore to hedge against inflation.

Hes been predicting disaster since 2008

Meanwhile the bulls got rich