Are Christians encouraged to seek personal revelation from God?

Are Christians encouraged to seek personal revelation from God?

It depends on if your belief system focuses on a personal relationship with God. I think for most non-fundamental Christians I would say yes, that is the goal.

comfy film desu

i wish humans died out irl

Yes that is why the Holy Spirit is called the Counselor. However it is essential to remember that all spirits who attempt to counsel us must be tested against God's Word.

how do you know what is the authentic word of god?

Also, if you had a personal revelation from God what was it?

Yes, of course. How can you have a relationship with someone without having any personal communication?

By the confirmation of the Holy Spirit who resides in all believers.

You get a taste for the truth, and lies start to reek.

i had a revelation from god where god told me that he doesn't exist

welp i guess that settles it since we all agree divine revelation is 100% true
sorry christians your book and beliefs were false, next time pray harder or whatever
whoa whoa don't blame me, his words not mine, take it up with the big man

I was driving down a country road one day, just musing on salvation. I started to think of it in common terms, in order to tell people what it's like.

Being saved is like being at the public pool when you're 2 years old, can't swim, and your dad is in the deep end telling you to jump into his arms.

He is dad, and he does love you, but that water looks dangerous and there's lots of people making noise and splashing about.

But you're fixed on dad, and with growing excitement and glee, you start to inch towards the pool's edge, and then laugh and go back, while Dad laughs and says "jump! jump! I'll catch you!"

And then there is that glorious moment that despite how dangerous and deadly the water is, and despite Dad not standing on solid ground but somehow staying above water, that you run to the pool's edge and leap into your father's arms, with glee, and he catches you.

THAT'S IT!

No. He expressly warned against seeking 'the kingdom in the sky':

> Jesus said, "If those who lead you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the Kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

the big man you say you received a revelation from, yet say does not exist

the mind of the lost is so banal

That of course is not in the bible.

>How can you have a relationship with someone without having any personal communication?

hmm almost as if he is a figment of your imagination...

The truth is often rejected to serve power

god works in mysterious ways, ye of little faith

Probabaly a stronger thing in ascetic movements like monasticism, hermitism, and Pietism.

As may you.

Quoting things that purport to be out of the bible, but are not, is not a search for the truth, but merely purveying lies.

Higher ways. Not mysterious ways. His ways are higher than ours.

He has more dimensions than we have, and can "see" more dimensions than we can.

Hence his ability to see the end from the beginning. He's not limited to experiencing time as we are.

Putting lies in Jesus' mouth is blasphemy.

You gnostics will never know the truth, because the truth is a person you deny is God.

get thee behind me satan

>He has more dimensions than we have
pyotr demianovich ouspensky pls go

t. corrupt priests

>christian doctrine is absolutely unchanging
>adapts to conform with contemporary science fiction

really krissed my kringles

In Reformed Christianity people have repeated motivation to check their state of grace.

Kek, this. How do Christians deal with the fact that their infallible scripture and doctrine has changed numerous times and will continue to do so well into the future? It's almost as if it's all bullshit

It's obvious if you put a few moments thought into the matter.

Gnostics are devil worshipers.

Then it's not grace, is it.

It hasn't, and doesn't, despite some fedora tipping fool on the internet.

Yeah, okay. I'm satan for telling you what the Word of God says.

Isaiah 55:9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.

you are the son of the father of lies, you can't trick me with your gargoyles and slychics

It isn't really too divergent from the medieval Catholic practice of constantly attending mass, receiving communion, confessing, and paying indulgences to be on good terms with the Lord. They just stripped away some of its excess. Once saved always saved is probably more divergent.

So confirmation bias then?

...Sounds like a road straight to hell.

Exactly. Same nonsense. Same complete lack of understanding of the New Covenant.

Bias?

Yes, I'm biased towards God.

I almost hate to ask who you're biased towards.

Could you be any more wrong? Here are some changing doctrines/variation between denominations:

>Stance on homosexuality
>Women in the clergy
>What books make up the Bible
>Works/Faith
>Slavery
>Religious liberty

ALL of these doctrines/official positions held by the Church have changed or been questioned over time

Your church is the true abode of satan

>catholics are the one true church in 3...2...1....

Not to mention the whole Jesus retcon...