Significant Royal Houses

What ancient dynasties are still in existence?

What happened to the:
•The house of Zhu(朱)
•The Palaiologos (Παλαιολόγος)
•House of Habsburg
•etc

What happened to them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kallergis_family
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_of_Greece
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquis_of_Haihun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Te-cheng
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Court
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Habsburgs still exist. The Bourbons are a branch of the Capetian Dynasty and still rule Spain.

dead and buried rightly
death to the aristos

The former premier of PRC, Zhu Rongji, is said to be a descendant of Zhu Yuanzhang family of Ming dynasty.

The Osman family (Ottoman monarchy) still exist and one is a comedian

Habsburg and Palaiologos are dead in the male line, but they have a shitload of descendants in the female line a few of which still keep their name for prestige reasons (Habsburg-Lorraine, Paleologo-Oriundi, etc.) Hilariously they are related too.

The actual heir of Austria-Hungary, Otto von Habsburg, just died some years ago. Heir as in, he was actually born when the state was still a thing.

Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi (the guy behind the infamous Kalergi plan) is a descendant of Nicephoros Phocas.

Interesting, didn't know that, do you have a source?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kallergis_family

>The house of Zhu(朱)
There's literally millions of them.

You see: Chinese Emperors take shitloads of wives and concubines. These in turn churn out shitloads of Sons, who also take shitloads of wives and concubines (well, save one notable Ming Emperor). The result is an Imperial Clan at the time could fill up entire towns with their relatives.

Today: the Zhu family probably numbers in hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Especially considering:
The most common of the four, 朱, was the surname of the Ming Dynasty emperors. Today it is the 13th most common surname in the People's Republic of China,[2] with a population of over fifteen million.[3]

In fact, a direct descendant of Zhu Yuanzhang (Hongwu right here) served as premiere of the People's Republic of China: Zhu Rongji. His son, Zhu Yunlai, is currently the CEO of CICC (China International Capital Corporation) the biggest investment bank in China.

This is Zhu Rongji, Premiere of PRC during 1998-2003.

Also, I'm pretty sure the great powers chose George I as king of Greece after the revolution of 1821 because he is a descendant of the Palaiologos line, but I can't find source.

And this is Zhu Yunlai (English name: Levin Zhu). CEO of CICC

Actually that was Otto:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_of_Greece
>Through his ancestor, the Bavarian Duke John II, Otto was a descendant of the Greek imperial dynasties of Komnenos and Laskaris.

In contrast: It's harder to find members of the Aisin-Gioro Clan - the Imperial Clan of the Qing Dynasty- today. Largely because during the collapse, most of the Imperial Clan adopted Chinese surnames (most notably the Chinese translation of Aisin-Gioro: Jin) to escape reprisals.

However we still do have people of known Aisin-Gioro Descent. The Chinese actress Aisin-Gioro Qixing for example.

It's time to right the wrong

>English name: Levin
I thought only HK people did this shit. It fucking feels like larping.

Mainland Chinese do so for two reasons.
1) It helps non-chinks to not mangle their hard-to-pronounce names by providing them with an alternative.
2) Kids think it's hip and cool.

Most of the time it is highly informal, with people naming themselves an English name. In Mainland China, I met a Lucy (pic related), a girl named Odie (from Garfield), a man named Pizza, and another woman named Austen (she likes Jane Austen)

The current head of the House of Hohenzollern is a interesting fellow when it comes to his opinions of monarchy. He has stated that he's fine with the current Government of Germany and has no desire to see it change, despite holding the title "Prince of Prussia", which the German government has even officially approved of him using.

While not royalty, or at all super significant, one of the members of the Six family is famous for directing the Human Centipede films.
The Six family is a Dutch Aristocratic family, one of whom, Jan, was immortalized in portraiture by Rembrandt.

>The result is an Imperial Clan at the time could fill up entire towns with their relatives.
Not targeting the Zhu per say,but surnames were sometimes granted to loyal retainers,fabricated by commoners for prestige or used adopted by Sinicized ethnicities.

Liu was originally a backwater,non-noble surname that managed to proliferate far after the fall of the dynasty with no shortage of pretenders.

Nice
I have chinks named Fanny,Goofy and Google here

Nice, lure them into a false sense of security

I've heard that's what happened with the Kong family. So many people were adopted into it that only like 20% of the Kong family are actually related to Confucius so members of it are terrified of taking DNA tests.

>despite holding the title "Prince of Prussia", which the German government has even officially approved of him using.
It's not a title but his surname.

We have quite a few people in Germany who were "adopted" by former nobility in order to gain this kind of "title". I present here Marcus Prinz von Anhalt (originally Marcus Eberhardt), a proprietor of brothels who is apparently a member of the House of Anhalt.

Being aristocracy in Germany is essentially the same as larping, it has no legal significance.

>with no shortage of pretenders
cough*Liu Bei*cough

>DNA tests
Can you even reliably check direct descent from DNA after 2500 years? I mean even counting 3 generations per century (which is most likely undercounting it), we're still talking idiotically low levels of contributions from Confucius. That's like, what 1/(2^75) worth of blood?

WAsn't there also a high-level politician who was a descendant of the T'ang dynasty?

The Japanese imperial family, and the Ieyasu(shogun family)

Ydna if you're lucky, but you'd need confucius's ydna for that

yo prinz, what kinda cut you want

Pic related is the current heir of the Ottoman (Osman) dynasty

>BLEACHED

I remember a chink girl in France: "My name is Ching Chong Chu, call me Monique"... wtf they don't even respect their own name, no wonder no one trust them.

Why should they ask you to call their Chinese names if you're too incompetent to pronounce it?

Implying they're competent to pronounce my name... Who cares? It's like that all over the world, people butcher the name of the foreigners and that's fine, only the chinks think it's smart to give up your identity for such a silly reason. They only do it for fashion, and look stupid in the process.

When my chinese friends can't understand when white piggu are referring to me using my Chinese name it's a huge issue.

t. Name technically can't be pronounced in English

Continued: I actually had times when my family picked up the phone for me and they thought people were looking for a person that didn't live there

>only the chinks think it's smart to give up your identity for such a silly reason
You're deluded gweilo.

Maybe you should worry about your own identity problem first considering the rampant identity politics and forced diversity in your Western utopia. I mean just look at all those fucking blacked/lgbt threads here, lmao.

Autism at its best. My name, as 80% of the names in the world, can't be pronounced in English because it's the laziest language ever. However when my parents pick up the phone they're not dumb enough to NOT UNDERSTAND who the contact is refering to ffs!

>I've heard that's what happened with the Kong family.
There was a study done on the Kong branch in Qufu,with the majority being Q M120 and C M217.

All of which are meaninglessness without genetic data from Confucius or close relatives.

>cough*Liu Bei*cough
I was referencing how non-Han such as Liu Yuan of the Han Zhao,Liu Yin of the Southern Han and even Liu Zhiyuan of the Later Han could LARP as descendants of Liu Bang.

There was an recent attempt at extracting DNA from Liu He's tooth to no avail. Would be interesting to see how many Liu's are actually descendants of the royal family.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquis_of_Haihun

But there is an official descendant of Confucius.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Te-cheng

You clearly havn't had experience with tonal language systems then. The way English speakers attempt to pronounce something in Chinese sounds completely different to native speakers.

The whole dynasty is a massive comedy.

>tfw no imperial actress manchu gf

To be honest I would have a "chinese name" too if I had to live in china or something. Poor guys can't deal with sylabes with more than one consonant.

>But there is an official descendant of Confucius.
There's no reason to believe he's a direct descendant of Confucius based on self-reported ancestry.

The number of purported descendants is always greater than the true number of direct descendants(Cao Cao's uncle had O P31 but not all Cao's have this haplogroup)

JUST

Actually the descendant of Confucious have been well registerd and reported since ancient times.

Unfortunately the Habsburgs still exist... the Patriarch of the family is pretty fucked up tho.

What makes it feel off is that the surname doesn't get changed. If a westerner takes a Chinese name, he also takes a Chinese surname too so that it looks "natural" and you wouldn't be able to tell it's a foreigner's name just from looking at it. But the other way around, the Chinese surname is just straight up transcribed, making it bloody obvious.

It's a difference in culture. In China there's nothing weird about having different names for different situations: look up the concept of "style names" (zi) or "aliases" (hao). For a Chinese person it's just taking on another name, not "replacing" any of his old names.

t. Chinese person who changed my surname from Li to Lee.

Li's are yet another name that is fuck everywhere in China.

The Last Mughal descendant is Sultana Begum.

She's lives in a slum in India and runs a tea house.

Almost serious question: do they give you the fancy uniform if you're noble? Like, I'm a direct descendant of someone who actually accomplished something in life and would appreciate a nice suit to commemorate that fact. Also does it come in Extra Large?

It's a fantasy uniform.

>Yamato Dynasty is over 2000 years old and unbroken. Even if the Emperor was reduced to a figurehead a lot.
How can Yuropoors even compete?

>unbroken
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Court
>were a set of six pretenders to the throne of Japan during the Nanboku-chō period from 1336 through 1392. The present Japanese Imperial Family is descended of the Northern Court emperors.
It's illegitimate.

>Yamato Dynasty is over 2000 years old and unbroken
Yeah, and they even say their founder was grandson of sun god who live hundred years old. They have to rely Chinese sources to figure out their origins since any records of their own before 6th century are a bunch horseshits.

>Actually the descendant of Confucious have been well registerd and reported since ancient times.
It doesn't matter if there's a written record,without Confucius's actual DNA you can't make any presumptions.

Infidelity,infertility,adoption and rape can change the paternal ancestry of the lineage hence the Qufu branch has at least 3 different y haplogroups.

lel

Almost every foreign students and foreigners in China will also have Chinese names or Chinese translation names if they're going to stay for a while, you moron, you just too ignorant to know it.

You really don't know how awful and unrecognizable they sound when most gweilos try to pronounce our names.