Is it true? Were Roman elites like Northern Italians?

Is it true? Were Roman elites like Northern Italians?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZMICczOzfQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZMICczOzfQ

Stay calm and wait for the DNA evidence.
I wonder if Shitalians(short for Southern Italians) will take lessons from Afrocentrists and deny everything.

Yep. Southern Italians are descended from Jewish slaves sent to the ports of Italy.

>source
>Sieglin (1935)
Sounds German and it's from 1935. Is there a better source?

It's hard to tell because dyeing hair to blonde was also all the rage in Rome, especially with the elites.

What do you suppose Eutropius here was?

>Totti
>De Rossi
>Immobile
Roman, roman and neapolitan respectively. Not really north italian any of them.

a machiavellian eunuch courtier

i think the image is more about the looks of the people.

south italians tend to look like arabs with very oval faces, black souless eyes

Whereas I thnk the image is just a retarded cherrypicking attempt.
Might as well stick Russell Brand's face on another pick and call all brits niggers too.

Because meds and mena populations look pretty similar.

Fucking lost it

kek

No such thing as black eyes.

Nope.

This.

how easy to spot south italians ITT

I'm and I hail from fucking Trento. I don't need to be a fucking terrone to dislike bullshit.

Bullshit propagated by shitskins. Sicilians and Andalusians are the only Meds who look even remotely Arab.

Southern Italy was heavily colonized by the Greeks. I don't think they see themselves as exclusively descending from the Romans.

>DNA evidence
Cavalli Sforza's study already proved that aside from Sicily and the southernmost parts of Calabria and Puglia, Italy is extremely homogeneous.

100% Italian reporting in. 6'2 pale skin, dark brown hair, and hazel eyes

Yeah, that is a really bad primary source

>oval faces

Si like Nordics?

no

Yes

I don't get it? Neither looks particularly like those statues

no, center Italy exist

marchisio is the only one who looks elite there

>Norten Italians

Those are all either Central or South Italians, shitty bait image

t. south italian

Yes and?

What I said still stands

it doesn't stand.
everyone knows south italians look like jews and arabs and the people in OP's pics look like northern ones.

just because they were born in south italy, doesn't make their phenotype south italian.

>Italians being romans
>first king of italy literally destroyed the western roman empire
huh

>and the people in OP's pics look like northern ones.

But they aren't, you retard, besides according to your own shitty PCA South italians and C Italians are basically the same ethnicity

so much of terrone butthurt.
you're bunch of disgusting mena creatures, deal with it.

romans were ligther and had different phenotypes.

No evidence, go fuck yourself, amerifat.

can someone explain why they always have bulgarians play romans in movies..?

>No evidence,
look in the mirror, you look like arabs

Most of the writers cited weren't alive in the early empire and are going off hearsay, not to mention that there are contradictory claims on many of the emperors.

I can't speak for other movies, but in an anti-Roman film like Passion of the Christ, they have to cast people who fit the aesthetic of villains. Who better for that role than Balkan people?

Listen, you obese social outcast, I've had it with your bullshit and autistic obsession with being a pale pansy

Wow you're paler than me!

Well congratulations, what an astonishing accomplishment! Such superiority!

I could wipe your fat ass off the face of this planet and literally no one would care, so stop polluting this site with your autistic obsession with being pale and your retard-tier grasp of genetics, you would do us all an immense favor, bye.

Every day Roman citizens in Italy more than likely looked no more different than every day Modern Italians. Also, light hair and light eyes are definitely not a rarity in the Mediterranean either.

The pic is to keep nordcucks from claiming N. Italians as Germanic.

Nordcucks truly are a cancer

> Being this triggered

because everyone knows italians are the only europeans with "black soulless eyes"

most of europe is soulless and non-white then, you blithering retard.

They don't.

I dont think Pilate was really portrayed as a villian, or his second-in-command, more just the everyday roman soldiers were evil

When are we gonna massacre nordcucks?

Holy shit calm down mohamed lol

They're already wiping themselves out, praise Allah.

Shitalians are too busy kissing the feet of niggers and applying whitening cream

Yes, north italians are the whitest. Totally not cherrypicking

there is a difference between european brown eyes and arab/black ones

you absolute idiot

>all the assmad terrones ITT
no one claimed Romans were Germanic/Nordic.

it's a fucking fact that first Roman dynasty was of fair complexion, the same as trojans, hitties and other indo-european folk. it has nothing to do with being germanic or nordic.

south italians are mutts that look like arabs and jews. there is no way to hide it, just look for yourself.

her eyes are literally deep shit brown, which is the type of brown eye color plenty of southern italians have. i've never seen almost black eyes except on chinks and africans.

That's whiter than the average American at least

>Britain
>European
>white
Come on user.

Joe Pesci looks roman as fuck.

SHIEET

White people don't exist.

Make Southern Italy Greek Again

>Nordics are the only white people that exist

>italian americans
>italian
Uhm.. no sweetie. I pity them for that identity crisis though.

>posts a Mediterranean who is clearly a white guy
Lol

When Americans think of Italy they usually think of Sicilians.

?

>the same as Trojans and Hittites

We have no idea how The former looked but The latter was depicted as dark haired with an olive complexion and a hooked nose by Egyptians

>Choose ugly and old guys to represent South Italians

Yes most were. Northern Italians are basically Germans and Celts racially.

North Italians look like South Germans desu. Which is how I imagine Celts and the entire branch of R1b Italo-Celtic and Germano-Celtic speakers looked like.

>Totti
>De Rossi
>Immobile
>Northern Italian
What the fuck

Phenotype. Dog born in a stable isn't a horse.

Northern Italians aren't Romans they're just Gauls, Lombards, and Venetians

Romans, or rather the people that became Romans, that arrived in Italy were the same people as later Gauls and rest of the Celts.

t. Terrone

They arrived in 1300-1200 BC with The urnfield folk, by 700 BC they were heavily mixed with The natives

No. Northern italy wasn't even considered italy in early rome but was called "gaul this side of the alps". the po river was the natural barrier between the celtic northerners and the latin/etruscan/roman people of central italy. The north was only integrated by force during the early republic and there are ancient sources attesting to the racial and cultural differences of romans and north Italians.

Tl;dr no it's a historical impossibly

No, Northern Italians mixed with easterns in modern times and barbarians at the end of the Romans. So did South with other populations. Does it matter? No.

The Indo-Europeans mixed with non-Indo-European Etruscans

And that made Italians look like Arabs.

>the same as trojans, hitties

How can one be so wrong?

Trojans were described as red-haired, auburn-haired and some of even blonde-haired.

Etruscans were in the north though
You obviously have no idea wtf you're talking about

Hittites were dark, Myceneans painted themselves and were painted as olive skinned with dark hair, I have troubles believing they were mostly red haired.

Mythical poems are not a historical account, heroes and gods were often given rare attributes such as light or even purple eyes, or red/golden hair because they were rare and extraordinary

Etruscans were central Italians, we don't know know what they were genetically but they were non indoeuropean linguistically

You sound like a South Italian.

Italo-Celtic people mixed with Etruscans and other natives, that's how they became swarthier.

Yes, but they mixed way before Rome was even a village, so saying Romans were originally all fair is wrong.

Etruscans came to Italy after Indo-Europeans.
They took over an Italo-Celtic region.

>so saying Romans were originally all fair is wrong.
Their elite certainly was. :^)

Not really, Caesar had black hair and eyes, just because one dynasty happened to be relatively fair it doesn't mean all the patricians were.

>Caesar had black hair and eyes,
Proof? Maybe he was black as well?

I want to fuck emma

Suetonius, retard

t. mad terrone

T.Ignorant fat fucker

don't yell, you look like an arab

Even if that were true that would still be much better than looking like you

i doubt it, my bug-eyed, swarthy-skinned manlet "friend"