Out of all the abrahamic religions, which is the best for spiritual development and connecting to God personally?

out of all the abrahamic religions, which is the best for spiritual development and connecting to God personally?

Read the bible, it has both the old and new testament in it anyway, ask this afterwards if you still don't have the answer.

Islam best for all.
Because Islam didn't changed in timeline Quran same as prophet's(pbuh) time. It didn't corrupted by kings or priests.
Look at the Judaism, its better for Jews
Or look Cristianity, Its corrupted by rulers it have many things from pagans.

You forgot to post the obnoxious anime macro images.

In christianity you must live like rock, no wife no children. But in Islam it is better to have childen and wife, You can repent by yourself you don't need priests for it.
You directly want whatever you want from God

Bit of a loaded question since they believe in different Gods. Going by a simple majority - Jews and Muslims believe in the one divisible God *Without its incarnation into a trinity*, I would say that Sufism, or meditative and ascetic noahidism of some sort is the best. If you're a jew just stick to judaism.

The one where God goes out of his way to become a person

Wouldn't Sufi's, who believe everything is God, believe that Jesus is divine?

Sufism is not different to Islam.
You must to be a muslim for beging Sufi

If you're asking about spiritual development and connecting to God personally, i can give you my personal experience.

Before discovering God, i was a self-centered individual without much care for others or for moral. I would do what i want and shit and everybody/everything else, i was pretty much stupid when i look back on this period of my life. The thing is, being selfish and doing what you want will never make yu happy, it will just cut you from the people you love and make you a vapid empty individual. Everything changed when one day, i just decided to change this so i started to read the holy books ( i come from a muslim background by the way but i never cared much about Islam i was a believer but an indifferent believer to '' Allah '' ) i read the Coran which i already knew, it principles are pretty much judaic like Voltaire would say, nothing special it's really judaism with a middle eastern touch/flavor, wether we talk about all the rituals prayer/wudhu or laws like ''an eye for an eye''.

I tried this, i started praying five times a day, respecting each ritual, following every hadith. I became more moral but in the long term, all this rituals became an anesthesia. I wasn't aware anymore, prayers would get mechanical, i would just recite the verses without thinking about it and get over it as fast as i could. In the long term, Islam and its ritualistic patterns will take all the spirituality out of itself. I guess that's why most people aren't the virtuous models that the holy books says they will be if they follow the righetous path, how can they achieve virtue when to be a good believer u just have to do the right thing at the right moment A.K.A washing your body and praying five times a day, or not eating from sunset to night during Ramadan.

Realising i met my limits with Islam, i wasn't the moral person i wanted to be, it didn't provide enough spiritual food to make virtue grow inside of me, and ..... CONT

Atheism is the only religion worth a shit

....my relation to God was superficial. At the same time i was reading some books that were debunking Islam claims to be the divine religion sent by the real God and these books were convincing. So i just decided to leave Islam and see somewhere else. I said let's see Christianity, so i decided to read the Gospel of Matthew, it was pretty interesting then i read the Sermon on the Mount. It blew my mind, i never read something as beautiful and virtuous as that. Jesus words really touched my heart, i was far from the barbaric quranic verses '' an eye for an eye if someone hurts you hurt him if someone steal cut his hands punish adulterers with 50 whiplashs ''. I discovered something else, i discovered real virtue, Jesus said that loving those who love us does not makes us any different than sinners, but loving those who hate us, that is truely virtuous. He also forgives the adulteress and saves her from stoning while in Islamic traditions, adulterers are stoned without mercy. When i had the Gospel of Matthew between my hands, i was sure i had the Word of God in front of me. It changed my life, living by the standards of Jesus really make me another person, i will not brag about good works but i started things that i would have never done in the past, i discovered the meaning of altruism, of love, real love and humility. My prayers were no longer ritualistic, and started actually to get answered. Everything i prayed for was given to me in an almost-supernatural way, it is absolutely mind blowing. For the first time of my life, i felt God. And today i work hard so i can, in a near future, help as much as i can my neighbor.

Sorry for my english, i'm morrocan and God bless you.

>Atheism
Laughable.

Sufi Islam

Nothing even comes close

Orthodox Christian hermit
Sufi Islam
Kabbalistic orthodox Jew

If it's one thing I'm curious about, I wonder why arabs tend to shit on whites in their generals on /int/ and then advertise their religion to those same whites on other parts of the site. Surpremacists christian iirc don't really advertise their religion outside of their ethnic group

Well advertisisng christianity isn`t really needed when we got 3 continents where everyone* is christian.

There is no such thing as "Abrahamic religion"

Judaism is an heresy, Christianity is an heresy, and Islam is just arabic paganism + judaism.

The true religion is Torahism btw

>You directly want whatever you want
lol,wut

Eastern Orthodoxy (Hesychasm) and Sufism.

Honestly, at this current point in time, eastern paths like Hindu and Buddhist philosophies are probably the more efficient paths to the God or Nirvana.

Much of the value in the Abrahamics really came from Greek influence; notably Platonism. Though this wisdom is also now wrapped around with dogma.

With this caveat in mind, each of the big religions have decent sects that surviving elements of this even if they were a bit fogged up. Options for reaching communion with the One within an Abrahamic framework do exist.

Within Christianity, both the Orthodox and Catholic traditions have beautiful architecture,music, theology. and tradition that inspire transcendence.

Within Islam, Sufism is your best bet; the poetry and music is absolutely beautiful.

Judaism has the most overtly Greek influenced metaphysical system in Kabbalah though they won't admit where it came from and it is largely wrapped in ethnocentrism. Still, it's a very intellectually stimulating way to find God and much wisdom is to be found here.

You can achieve deep communion with God through the Abrahamics; there is much beauty to be found. Just have a decent filter.

>le Catholicism is the only Christianity meme

Christianity, because it lets you drink alcohol and eat pork.

You can't connect with the Lord if you can't enjoy the bounties he has bestowed upon us.

Gnosticism

Islam, as it advocates for a personal god, Allah is eternally with you and every action a Muslim takes is supposed to be for God

Christianity's god is impersonal for the most part because you need a logos to access him. There's the Holy Spirit but that's also impersonal.

Not sure about Judaism but seeing how they don't like to call god by a specific name, then it's also impersonal

No revealed religion is good for anything but population control. "It's true because this book says so" gives zero room for spiritual growth and development, and personal communion with God is outright forbidden by these religions, who call such practises "gnostic" and condemn them as heresy.

We literally believe that God is our Father and that He suffered and died for us because He loves us THAT much that He wanted eternal life for His children.

Christianity is the most personal of the 3 by a loooong shot.

Judaism, though it's not really an achievement to be the best Abrahamic religion. Abrahamism needs to go away already

Nobody comes to the Father but through Jesus right? God is impersonal, you just bug his kid for shit

>out of all the hurgleburgle, which is the best for whippity whop and connecting to mibzybibzy?

The Son is God, i can't see your point
We could start a discussion about the Trinity but it has no purpose on this discussion