Is this the most disgusting act by a """friend""" ?

>
The reason why Britain didn’t declare war on the Soviet Union is an intriguing one. Unknown to the general public there was a ‘secret protocol’ to the 1939 Anglo-Polish treaty that specifically limited the British obligation to protect Poland to ‘aggression’ from Germany.

When people questioned why Britain did nothing when the Red Army moved on Poland, the British government considered revealing the existence of the secret part of the agreement. However, they decided not to, Sir Alexander Cadogan of the Foreign Office explaining privately that to do so “would only provoke curiosity about the existence of similar secret protocols attached to other treaties…” An answer given in the House of Commons in October 1939 revealed only that the Poles had “understood” that “the agreement should only cover the case of aggression by Germany.”

From the outset, Soviet aggression was treated differently to German aggression. On a practical level this was because the British had already shown that they could not defend Poland against one aggressor, let alone two. But it was also because the mandarins in the Foreign Office considered the eastern borders of Poland somewhat ‘fluid’ – after all, they had only been fixed the treaty that ended the Polish-Soviet War less than 20 years earlier. Sir William Seeds, British ambassador to Moscow, wrote in a secret telegram on 18 September 1939: “I do not myself see what advantage war with the Soviet Union would be to us…” and that “our war aims are not incompatible with reasonable settlement [in Poland] on ethnographic and cultural lines.”

Behind the scenes, the British felt there was a clear balance to be struck between ‘morality’ and traditional, old-fashioned, national self interest. Yet, in the popular consciousness, this war is still considered almost a crusade against all evil.

Other urls found in this thread:

tomatobubble.com/smigly_rydz.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQDHN39JDkY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet–Polish_Non-Aggression_Pact
thefuhrerbunker.com/WWII.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorski–Mayski_agreement
jrbooksonline.com/polish_atrocities.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Poles should've simply bent over to Nazi Germany and invade Red filth with them in 1942.

Why would they risk going in unprepared to save some artificial country?

>Is this the most disgusting act by a """friend""" ?
Still nothing compared to what the Krauts are doing to Europe as a collective today.
So I understand why the Anglos betrayed the Poles to stop the threat of krautism spreading.

What if the Soviets invaded first?

why did they offer their help then?

So they could stir Germans and Ruskies against each other.
Poland was in the way and could actually change entire Anglo plans had their chose either German or Russian side instead.

Poles were actually portrayed as German allies before 39.

They were bluffing, the alternative would've been to let Poland fall under either German or Soviet control.

Talking about Poland in ww2 is /pol/ ?

fuck off retard

How is this even remotely /pol/

Was perfidius albion playing 3d chess all along using Poland as a pawn? Was this but a continuation of 'The big game' for them?

daily reminder that the FDR was a commie bitch and his cabinet was filled with soviet agents who convinced him to let Stalin have eastern europe and Joseph McCarthy did nothing wrong

> Was perfidius albion playing 3d chess all along using [everybody] as pawns?
That's basically the British history 1714-1956.

what gives them that right though? to play everybody and still claiming moral high ground.

>How is this even remotely /pol/

That was posted after his post.

While the US was demobilizing and sending her troops home, the Red Army marched troops into every major city in Eastern Europe. No one let them have it, they took it. The only thing that kept a war from breaking out was the fact that the US had nukes and Russia didn't.

I bet you like when your girlfield is fucked somebody else too.

?

Because the plan of the anglojew in the 30s was to incite a war against the Soviet Union, leaded by Nazi Germany and with Poland as their ally.

The anglojew plan went into the trash with the Molotov-Ribbentropp agreement and the subsequent repartition of Poland.

>claim to be anti communist
>split up poland, one of the most anti communist countries in europe, with a communist country and divide the rest of europe up with them also
what did they mean by this

The British and French actually had a deal to defend Poland from both Germany and the Soviet Union, but seeing that Poland caused the outbreak of WW2 (Danzig Massacre). The British and French decided to uphold only half of the deal.

>calling out communism is /pol/

shut up leftypol, go back to pretending ancient celts were black you massive faggot

>Soviets and Poles
>friends

Because fucking declaring war on the Soviet Union would be suicidal

Someone needs to tell that deviantart faggot to quit putting his fursona into historical events.

It basically boils down to the fact that Britain could not win against both Germany and the USSR

Hitler tried very hard to ally with Poland to fight Communism but Polish Bolsheviks kill 58,000 German Nationals in the Danzig corridor.

In the months leading up to the German invasion the Polish Army and independent Bolshevik units had been slaughtering
German nationals in the Danzig corridor. On one day alone - Polish Jews, under the protection of the Polish Army, attack a small German town and viciously kill 6000 Germans. On 'Bloody Sunday' 58000 Germans were murdered: Polish Jews were confident they would win against Germany and went on a rampage of Blood Lust that was unmatched. Groups of Bolsheviks from Ponz, Lodz and Warsaw approached the town and started killing the farmers on the outskirts. Children were nailed to barns, women were raped and hacked to death with axes men were executed where they stood.

Poles had been merrily slaughtering anything or anybody German since at least as early as April 1939, with smaller incidents stretching back to the close of WW I ~ you haven't been told that by the (((Mass Media))), or the fact that these atrocities were one of the main causes for the German invasion of Poland.

Germany had been protesting in writing to the League of Nations literally dozens of times with no results.

Reminder that Germany and Poland had very good relations after Hitler came to power, he saw Poland as boulwark against Bolsheviks and said on many ocassions that Soviets shoud return Polish territory, Poles weren't mentioned as "subhumans" in Mein Kampf.
Relations changed dramatically after British guarantee.

In my timeline, Poles drive PzKpfw IV to Moscow. ;___;

>polish bolsheviks
nigga what

Bullshit: the Post

it worked so great for czechs right

Czechs are a meme nation and one ever takes them seriously.

>citation not included

This is how you can tell the professional and non professional historians apart on this board

t. Nazi Pole

i guess there's zero professional historians on this board then

This piece was written by Mike King, a REAL historian. It sums up the reasoning behind ww2 very well. I suggest you read it as it illustrates the German perspective of the war, instead of eating up allied propaganda.
tomatobubble.com/smigly_rydz.html

Also here's a podcast by Mike King for those of you who can't read.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQDHN39JDkY

I can also provide eye witness testimonies for the atrocities I mention here if anybody is interested.

Poland was useless to the allies. Because of polish refusal to allow soviet troops on its territoires, France and the UK failed to secure an alliance with the USSR. In the end, Poland fucked itself.

You know. There is a slight problem with the bullshit you just made up.

1. Poles were only 1-2% in Danzig at that time and Danzig was under German administration.
2.The Poles didn't have any Bolsheviks as there were no 'Polish Bolsheviks" at that time.
3. Do you really think that German majority city (98-99%) would allow Polish minority(1-2%) to kill civilians?
4. Where was the German police during the said act?

Shut the fuck up and do some reading before you chimp out again.

Would you let the Soviets willingly into your country? Who would force them to leave? UK and France?

lol, you fucking Veeky Forumstorians are like toddlers without any historical knowdlege at all.

>haha ur dumb fuck u no they didn't have any Bolsheviks as their were none shut the fuck up
I hate /leftypol/

I see no arguments. Which is typical for the braindead untermensch.

I'm not even the guy you were responding to.
You call everyone who disagrees with you a stormfag too, most annoying trait you lefties have.

You didn't refute any of those statements.

Stormfaggots like to use metapedia as their primary source, but at the same time they lack basic knowdlege about the period and conditions that were present at that time.

You might as well claim Germans were killed in: Sudetenland, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Romania, Denmark, Norway, Yugoslavia, France, Russia and Italy. So basically all the countries Nazis invaded.

I have no desire to speak with such imbeciles.

Yes, you're right, and what happened in the end ? Oh yeah, the USSR still invaded Poland...in ruins.
Let's face it, during WW1 Germany fought the war against both the UK and France in the west, and against Russia in the east. They lost.
During WW2, Germany faced...Poland in the east...
It might be cynical, but Poland was useless for the allies. France and the UK shouldn't even have bothered with Poland and should have sacrified her in favour of an alliance with the USSR.

>Is this the most disgusting act by a """friend""" ?
In this timeframe definitly no. Poles understood the protocol, Brits couldn't do shit against Soviets and top priority was defeating Nazis.

If you want something that could be described as "the most disgusting act by a """friend""" ", then there is another event from this time that could fit much better.

>easily triggered
>reddit spacing
>begins rambling about things I'm not even discussing
Please, if you have no desire to continue do not respond to this post. You had nothing to say anyways.

Vatnik spotted.

USSR had no desire to form any alliances with the West as Stalin stated when Hitler invaded France: "Let the capitalist dogs bite each other, then we'll come to liberate"
All I see is stormfag butthurt. No arguments
once again.

Answer the Or shut your whore mouth.

>stormfag
I'm a Ameriboo if anything. Again your extreme paranoia of stormfags on this board is completely insane

Yeah, because using "lefty/pol/" as argument isn't paranoia at all.
It's that time again.

False flag or misguided tard

You people are completely insane and this is why I started to avoid Veeky Forums. You can't have any sort of discussion on here without one of you sperging out about DA NAZI STORMFAGS. As soon as someone disagrees with you and then you pile on insults like "stormfag" or "untermensch" before you even know the politics of the person you disagree with. Then you honestly wonder why we can't have a civil discussion?
Ironically you are just as bad as /pol/ is about their paranoia of the DA JOOS.

It's a terribly written article. It's very emotional and it doesn't even mention any sources. If Mike King is a real historian then he is a terrible historian.

There were NO Polish bolsheviks.

It was a bad anglo miscalculation. Had the anglos not folded on the czech crisis france and the ussr would have torn germany apart many times faster and harder than wwi

Actually, it's the contrary. Western powers doubted the USSR was military capable of doing anything against Germany. Stalin was disgusted about what happened in czechoslovakia, he understood very well that the USSR would be next at some point. But talks for an alliance failed (because of Poland, but not only)

So Stalin thought to let Germany fight against France, expecting the Germans, like in WW1 to lose many men in the process. He was wrong and his plan backfired. In the end the USSR faced Germany alone.

>the danzig massacre meme
This has been refuted countless times here fuck off /pol/shit

Papa hitler did nothing wrong: the post

>Germany had been protesting in writing to the League of Nations literally dozens of times with no results.
Indeed, but not without results and NOT because they were massacred. You can actually find these informations quite easily.

Why this picture doesn't mention that Poland signed a non-aggression pact with the Soviets two years before they signed it with Germany?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet–Polish_Non-Aggression_Pact

epic strawman

>b-b-but hitler didnt mean to annihilate poland, slaughter its populace privilege the german population, annex huge parts of our country!
Fact of the matter is ge immediately turned his sights on polabd after czechslovakias dismantlement. Goering and a shot ton of others were trying to talk him down invading Poland but it was HITLER AND HITLER ALONE who wanted to conquer Poland and start a European war

This is a very sympathetic view of the Soviet Union. It's like you forget that Stalin signed a pact with Germany and later invaded Finland.

>Do you really think that German majority city (98-99%) would allow Polish minority(1-2%) to kill civilians?
>Where was the German police during the said act?
The Polish bolsheviks were free to slaughter the Germans as they were under the protection of the Polish army. I have already stated this.

Also how do you explain these eye witness testimonies?
thefuhrerbunker.com/WWII.htm

How is that sympathetic? I'm basically saying the USSR made a huge mistake allying itself with Germany.

>thefuhrerbunker.com

You are just a dumb, uneducated cretin. Every single of these testimonies (which are nothing more but Nazi propaganda) are from Bromberg (Bydgoszcz). It's a city that lies 160 km from Danzig (Gdańsk) and was never a part of Free City of Danzig territory.

Just shut up, you fucking idiot. You know nothing.

By all means browse less. If you get offended by somone calling you a stormfag its probably cause you focus on stormfag topics like WWii or wewuz threads. Seriously, Veeky Forums has plenty of threads free of topics that incoude stormfags so you must be a special kind of faggot if you get triggered by a bit of banter

People like you are putting this board into a race towards the bottom.
It was much better at the time of it's inception. Now it's partisan as hell and no one wants to remain objective about history anymore.

You're attacks on me are hopeless. You have no idea how much I have read and understand on this matter. You can keep your venomous insults to yourself.

>thefuhrerbunker.com

And yet you didn't know that Bromberg was not a part of Free City of Danzig or even "Polish Corridor".
Maybe you should read better books. Seriously, stop lying. It's obvious for anyone who knows history that you're just another naive /pol/kid.

Ehh stalin invading finland was simply part of the change in his ppabs after the czech crisis, as that user says. his actions make him anything but sympathetic abd that user never said stalin was a good guy anyway... it was basically reconquering the old russian empire as finland bessarabia the baltics and poland, all countries he invaded in 1939/40 were part of the tsarist empire

Stalin was not a poor boy forced by evil Germans to sign the Ribbentrop-Molotov pact. He was an imperialist like Hitler and Hitler's offer allowed him to achieve his goals.

>claims to be above the partisan thread
>meanwhile posts a pic attacking an imaginary leftypol boogeyman like any ordinary /pol/ack
Dont pretend to be above the fray. The fact you accuse me of brining the board down as though im some fifth colimnist (even though i contribute to a shit ton to thos board) makes your argument even more suspect

I have both. I just know what pics to post to offend the person I'm speaking with.
Everything I said still stands.

how is Germany invading poland grounds for France and England going to war against Germany, but the Soviets invading Poland and Finland doesn't get a response and the english and french maintain their alliance with the soviets?

>Unknown to the general public there was a ‘secret protocol’ to the 1939 Anglo-Polish treaty that specifically limited the British obligation to protect Poland to ‘aggression’ from Germany.
Are you blind or stupid? Do you know anything about diplomacy? Poland also did not declare war on the Soviet Union.

I know that.

why did they keep their alliance with the russians?

Having a body of water between them and mainland Europe. If it wasn't for the channel the English would have been genocided centuries ago.

Poles? They didn't, but they considered Germans a bigger threat.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorski–Mayski_agreement

Dude stop, this is killing me.

no. i'm talking about the french and english. how did they justify stayling allied with russia after the russians invaded poland and finland?

It do not mention that Pilsudski proposed France to invade Germany few times before his death.

I'm genuinely curious where shit like this comes from.

>Polish Bolsheviks
I don't think this term even appears in original Nazi propaganda.

For example, there is no mention of Polish bolsheviks here:

Reminder that Poland got everything it deserved,

By not starting an unwinnable war

Read my post again senpai. i said as much that Stalin was an inperialist when he went s out reconquering territories lost in wwi.

You are correct
jrbooksonline.com/polish_atrocities.htm

>.jrbooksonline

Americans helping Flips in their Independence War with Spain, allowing them to establish a republic, and subsequently betraying them.

The worst part is it wasnt Britain-tier perfidy/justasplanned.jpg mastery, they unsubtly did so while yelling "no! no! no! didn't happen we never were allies, we just fought on same side!!!"