Veeky Forums, you think you have what it takes to become a "crypto" portfolio manager?

Veeky Forums, you think you have what it takes to become a "crypto" portfolio manager?

DAY 3

We made (+6.94%, +$7,595) yesterday.

Day 1 : $100,000
Day 2 : $109,343
Day 3 : $116,938

Top 3 best movers by percentage from previous day
MNE: (+53.64%), ($9,792)
ETH: (+7.1%), ($142)
LTC: (+4.55%), ($91)

Here's the game:

>Veeky Forums controls holdings starting at $100,000 from 8/19. Now controls $116,938.
>Each day the money is compounded and all cryptos are liquidated.
>You will be given the opportunity to make portfolio changes (up until 9:55PM EST).
>Submit buy/sell orders
>Maximum of 15 pairs at a time.
>Each post controls $2000 at a time
>If all US Dollar is not spent by game end, it will be disbursed among the top 3 tickers.

Example post:
>"Buy $2000 DGB" (implying there is enough Dollar to cover the order, if not you must sell another token)

Will update this thread periodically.
Good luck to us.

Please note that the rules have changed slightly. You may not sell another ticker unless there is already 15 of them.

Buying $2000 DGB

Buy $2000 DGB

Buy $2000 NEO

how is it possible that biz is making better gains than investment firms?

Buy $2000 Hackergold (HKG)

Buying $2000 XRP

A community driven portfolio has beaten the S&P 500 YTD in two days.

Buy $2000 SOJ

buy $5000 BITB

what if we make u buy 1 sat trash like mooncoin then u cant sell it at the end of the day? ;) your plan is flawed

Kek is having fun with it, there's no other explanation when some posts are obviously trying to sabotage.

It's not flawed because I'm selling at market price right before I post the new thread.

There are always buyers.

Buy $2000 ARK

Buy 2000 BTC

You know if you really put 100,000$ dollars down and did exactly as this portfolio suggested, you'd have made 15% by now.

Feels bad man.

This portfolio is sort of an Index for anyone trading crypto on Veeky Forums because it will always be well diversified.

It's a great idea. I'd follow along and buy proportionally with the crowd wisdom if only I wasn't all in at .00906/.0122 NEO
Made 10% back today by trading the variance on OMG and BCC but still decided to put it all back into NEO because look, more shares than I started with!
I really need to make about 100% to get back all of the losses I've taken on my principal, would diversifying that heavily and eeking it back inch by inch be better than waiting for the eventual pump on NEO?

Buy $2000 DGB

$2000 on IOC
$2000 on XRL

It all depends on your investing strategy. Personally I choose a diversified portfolio, this is because you don't want to "put all your eggs into one basket" and lose 20-30% in one day. Granted with a diversified portfolio, you wont make a 40% in one day but you wont lose 40% in one day either. That would only happen if the whole market was to crash.

BUY $2000 BNB

Buy $1000 ESP at YOBIT

Yeah, it feels horrible to lose 25% while sleeping. But now that I have, I'm stuck hodling and perhaps trading RSI/Stoch overbuy/oversell areas until I get it back. I'm mostly pissed because I was diversified last month, really well actually.. and if I had stayed with my 200OMG and 13NEO at the price I bought them at, even if I had lost tons shorting BTC all the way up to $4000 or on the BCC pump.. which I did, I would've done way better just holding the whole time... so now I'm inclined to just hold on to what I'm already in.

Buy $2000 multi on yobit for sure

Buy $2000 ETH

$2000 ESP on Yobit.

Losing a quarter of your money must be pretty rough. I would never settle for such risk. If you believe in the tokens that you invest in, it shouldn't keep you up all night. I would suggest in only investing in tokens with long-term growth and no pump and dump junk.

I've lost a fair share of capital when I first started out and that is one of the main reasons, no diversification.

Buy $2000 EMB
Buy $2000 STORJ

choose one

Buy $2000 DNT

Buy 2000 IOTA

Buy $2000 DGB

BUY $2000 NEO

Buy $2000 ZRX

Buy 2000 MONA

Buy $2000 FUN

All 15 slots taken,
Either sell one of the tickers or add to them.
Ex "Sell BTC $2000, Buy LTC $2000"

Buy $2000 LBC

sell 8000 DGB buy 30k MONA

Buy $2000 OMG

You should also consider transaction fees at every buy and sell to make it more realistic.

buy 2000 OMG

$2000 MNE

$100,000 on sigt

Buy $2000 MNE

BUY $2000 LTC

>RSI/Stoch overbuy/oversell
Can you give some more details?
I almost lost a good chunk of my money after betting on a Schaff sell signal on OMG.
But I waited patiently and eventually (after hours of stress) ended up neutral.
I've been using the default options from Bittrex.

- Field: close
- Period: 10
- Short Cycle: 23
- Long Cycle: 50
- Moving Average Type: Exponential
- OverBought: 75
- OverSold: 25

And I also alternate between 30-minute candles and 5-minute candles.

Maybe I just got unlucky, but now I'm scared to try again without a better understanding of this settings. Could you explain them and which you recommend?

Also, any good second indicator to use together with Schaff to give a better idea of entry/exit points?

Thanks a lot.

I'm buy $2000 espers on yobit..sir

Buy $2000 ZRX

Buy $2000 Minereum.

I am. Right now, literally doing that.

Storj then

Hope I'm not too late

Buy $2000 NXS (Nexus) on Bittrex.

I didn't read the slot limit portion.
Corrected:
Sell $2000 DGB
Buy $2000 NSX

Hello everyone I will close this now and submit the complete portfolio soon.

Buy 1000$ NEO and 1000$ LSK

Thank you for all who participated.
The top 3 chosen (correctly) were:
1. DGB
2. ESP
3. NEO, SOJ and ZRX (tied)
I disbursed the remaining USD over these pairs as stated in the rules.

Please note that this portfolio is limited to 15 pairs at a time so please sell a pair already listed before buying if the cap is reached.

I will post tomorrow on or about 8PM EST.
Good luck to all and let's see these profits!

Buy $2000 MTL

unfortunately not enough DGB was sold throughout the thread to complete that one.

i dont think u understand my point. u cant sell at market price if market price is 1 sat and there's a high amount of people selling. you'll be put last in line at 1 sat and since there are no buyers u won't be able to sell overnight...at least until someone decides to buy it. no buyers = no sale.

when OP has too much free time