Historically speaking, why are rabbits always depicted eating carrots...

Historically speaking, why are rabbits always depicted eating carrots? Where did the image of rabbits eating carrots come from?

In the 1800's America they were called Buniggers and a carrot to them was like watermelon to niggers.

Possibly from the australian rabbit infratation. Maybe they trashed those carrot gardens pretty bad. No idea though.

Infestation*

Literally it's from Bugs Bunny cartoons. I'm blanking on the name, but the voice actor would chew carrots to get that teeth smacking thing he does before asking "What's up doc?", and so they decided Bugs should be eating carrots too, and then it just snowballed.

Rabbits actually like carrots.

bugs.. easy on the carrots

Mel Blanc

It's a reference to a Clark gable flick

If i see that fucking rabbit one more time

No, it's from It Happened One Night. Clark Gable's character chewed them that way in front of Claudette Colbert.

Name a more useless animal than the rabbit

Srsly wtf is its purpose?

food chain boyo
prey animal for higher order carnivores

source of protein, pets.

>Name a more useless animal than the rabbit
The Mosquito.

Male mosquitos pollinate.

Ticks

Bugs.. Easy on the carrots.

>>/sp/

EASY BIG FELLA

to be cute :3

from cartoons I imagine

For a vegetable, carrots have quite a bit of sugar. And rabbits love sugar

other insects do that to, mosquitos do not contribute any significant or unique things to the ecosystem

First post so this is now the official explanation.

They aren't specially adapted to pollinate local flora in the same way our bee, moth, bat and butterfly friends are. Mosquitos are a horrible plague and need to be eradicated globally except maybe in Alaska.

They turn ruffage into meat for the benefit of meat eating animals.

Rabbits have a tendency to pull up tubers and roots in the wild, and so stealing the huge and delicious roots people grow in their gardens isn't too much of a stretch once they figure it out.

Being eaten by humans.

>I'm blanking on the name
i see what you did there (and i liked it)

too much sugar, they're actually not healthy for rabbits who should be eating vegetables like lettus

why do you people shoehorn racism into everything

Jungle bunny detected

I'm not a nigger and I hate racism.

>I'm blanking on the name

>except maybe in Alaska.
Why curse the Alaskans to keep mosquitoes?

Fuck off, nigger.

issa joke

b8

Harbinger of Destruction (of echo system)

Bugs...

Lmao, they even buildt a Great Wall to stop rabbits. Dumb australians.