Was he Napoleon's greatest commander?

Was he Napoleon's greatest commander?

He used to be a great commander, then he took a cannon ball to the knee

Was he a traitor or co-conspirator?

No, that would be Louis Nicolas Davout.

*charges cavalry at fully formed squares without infantry support*

Lol top kek kiddo try again

>On 22 May, during a lull in the second day of the Battle of Aspern-Essling, Marshal Lannes went and sat down at the edge of a ditch, his hand over his eyes and his legs crossed. As he sat there, plunged in gloomy meditation on having seen his friend general de brigade Pouzet decapitated mid-conversation by a cannonball, a second cannonball fired from a gun at Enzersdorf ricocheted and struck him just where his legs crossed. The knee-pan of one was smashed, and the back sinews of the other torn.

>The Marshal said, "I am wounded; it's nothing much; give me your hand to help me up." He tried to rise, but could not. He was carried to the tĂȘte de port, where the chief surgeons proceeded to dress his wound.

>One of the marshal's legs was amputated within two minutes by Dominique Jean Larrey. He bore the operation with great courage; it was hardly over when Napoleon came up and, kneeling beside the stretcher, wept as he embraced the marshal.

>Lannes' other leg was later also amputated. On 23 May he was transported by boat to the finest house in Kaiserebersdorf. Eight days later he succumbed to his wounds at daybreak on 31 May.

JUST

Ney

Ney wasnt the best strategist or tactician, but he sure was badass
Dude took part in musket gunfights on the first line and bayonet charges while holding the rank of marshal
It's not Wellington you'd see doing that

Murat literally saved a couple of battles singlehandedly

That isn't Ney you retard
Also the answer is yes.

wow I haven't sniffed this meme in like 5 years

In in stances of generals being killed by cannonballs hundreds of yards from the front lines, is it just luck or intentional aimed shots from the cannon crews?

and destroyed the cavalry reserve

I don't know if artillery had ricochet tactics with their cannonballs, but they were definitely sharpshooters at certain distances.

Definetely not, interesting individual, definetely.

>he sure was a badass
his death alone proves that, it takes some fucking balls to command the men of the firing squad ordered to execute you

Was he Napoleon's cutest commander?

Berthier
greatest knowledge in logistics amongst all of them

I like Murat. He perfectly encapsulates the dandified cavalryman of the time. Not much of a strategist or tactician but charismatic and daring. Just point him at an enemy and watch him go.

Field Commander is Davout, but Masenna and Lannes are also top

Berthier was also responsible for keeping the whole shit show running

Did Davout ever command armies independently? AFAIK he's always acted as a subcommander under Napoleon and his independent commands were mostly small.

Poniatowski was, he's the reason Napoleon survived.

Had only Napoleon listen to his advice about Russian campaign, Europe would be a different place right now.

Lasalle was the best
Not everyone can capture cities held by several times larger enemy forces without receiving any casualties

Still managed to beat Wellington a couple of times before being reassigned.

pretty dank eastern style

That French-Prussian war was hilarious, probably a dozen times the French just lied to the Prussian generals and bluffed them into surrendering to inferior forces.

What a man he was.