Colorized Photos

Post colorized photos.
They're just so much more relatable.

I'm conflicted as to whether Abe was ugly as hell or A E S T H E T I C

Given his retarded face shape, I'd say he pulled of the A E S T H E T I C vibe pretty well.

was looking for that thanks

has this been colorised yet

I think of him as one of those things whose perfection is accentuated by obvious imperfections. His entire personage is like Cindy Crawford's mole.

One of the greatest photos of all time.

Colors are arbitrarily chosen, right? Or is there a way to look at the shading/intensity of BW to determine what color something probably was?

Sorry for the retarded question.

This gives me the most feels. Reminds me that people in the past were actual people and not just records.

That kid in the foreground with his arms folded. I wonder what he did that day.
The girls on the far right, I wonder what they're chatting about.
The older man in the blue suit behind them, where do you think he grew up?
United Cigars. I wonder how running that shop went.

Where did all those people end up? How did they die?
Fuck, man.

I feel the same way.

Tsar Nicholas II and Alexei on a ship.

Nicholas & Alexandra engagement photo.

Nicholas II arriving somewhere on the Eastern Front by train.

question: how do they know the colors of each article of clothing (or any other object), in these photos? is it an educated guess? research into styles of the time? direct study of historical artifacts in the pictures?

Not OP, but the most reliable ones are colorized military photos, because then you at least have a uniform that you can find the color of (see the pics of WWI and Tsar Nicholas uploaded). In other cases, a lot of times it really is guessing based on the shade in the original photo.

I have some of them.

Perhaps I should dump.

these are god tier

you infer it in military pics by researching the uniforms of the soldiers, cammo patterns on vehicles etc.

I guess they just invent them for civilian pics.

Excellent thread. Quick question- why do these previously black and white photos appear "higher resolution" or more "real" than actual color photos? Does black and white film capture more detail than color film?

he was ugly in an aesthetic way

Hindenburg was a big guy

Everybody has the exact same goddamn hat. Being a hat maker must have been one hell of a business

It really must have been

Is this Ditroit (sometimes misspelled as Detroit)?

nearly Bog-tier A E S T H E T I C

>relatable
That doesn't look realistic at all. He looks like a weird clown, those colors are shit.

There's a chink in that armour

blacks have always had clean as fuck haircuts

haven't laughed this hard in a while. thank you user

FOR YOU

He looks like a clown. Shitty job.