Find a flaw

Find a flaw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oef4lU-GON8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw actually like Lindybeige
He's really entertaining, but his stuff especially on modern military history is full of errors. His videos are nonetheless interesting.

Balding and manchildlike. What's not to love??

Napoleon was actually a Great Man
> kept France afloat while it was a war with multiples enemies
>ended the Terror, brought back stability
>ended last traces of feudalism and spread civil code

He reminds us of ourselves too much.

He's to youtube what Todd Howard is to videogames. I want to hear his sweet little lies.

He thinks the Bren is superior to the MG 42

HE WAS THE HITLER OF HIS DAY. RULE BRITANNIA.

>MG42
I think you mean "spandau"

Has that french look to him.

reminder that Lindybeige claims:

>no one used swords, axes
>no one used horses
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used double strap arm shields
>no one used scythes
>no one used mail coifs
>no one used torches
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
>battle of Zama didn't happen
>Romans carried one pilum
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
>castles were defended by three soldiers
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
>operation market garden was a success
>Napoleon was literally Hitler
>The Churchill was the best tank in WWII
>The English won the Hundreds Years' War
>british naval guns on Malta could lanuch projectiles into space

this triggers the Anglo

>No one used swords, axes
He claimed they weren't the primary weapon of many armies
>no one used horses
He said it was a novel idea to use horses that must have seemed counter-intuitive at the time of domestication
>no one used scythes
He said that the scythe is not a good military weapon
>no one used mail coifs
He said they were used with padding underneath
>no one used torches
He claimed they are overused in movies
>no one spoke French during the French Revolution
He said there were many dialects of French that have since gone extinct and been replaced with 'proper' Parisian French
>No one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
he said that many scholars would have been proficient in Greek
>the battle of Zama didn't happen
He said that he thinks that's a crackpot theory, and pointed out many holes in the idea that it didn't happen
>Vikings weren't real
He said Viking meant raider
>berserkers weren't real
He said the popular idea of them is a fictionalized version of what they were.
>castles were defended by three soldiers
I don't even know where you are getting this one
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
He said it's cheaper and that for things like reenactments, you'd have to be super autistic to care
>operation Market Garden was a success
He said that it wasn't as big a disaster as it's often depicted

It's incredible how good he is at triggering people with just the titles of his videos.

>Taking the video at face value
He was actually saying that British machine gun doctrine was better than German machine gun doctrine

Also not really Lindy related but I imagine you guys will enjoy this
>The only Frenchman in Dunkirk was running away

His angry rant video about how he dislikes Modern art was infuriatingly ignorant and naive.

He doesnt tell enough history stories which is what he really excels at.

His videos have no pattern to them - you can never tell what hes going to talk about next, it could be pikes, it could be dancing, it could be historical battles or it could be just some shit about how he washes his shirts. The recent decision to make videos answering a long list of questions was disastrously boring - nobody wants to listen to someone endlessly listing their opinion of things.

I always refer to Napoleon as "the great"
Instantly triggers the anglos

>Instantly triggers the anglos
Where, at history conventions? Because your average Brit simply sees Napoleon as a worthy opponent and a good strategist who we beat after a shitshow of a battle that we needed the prussians to really finish.

Except the platoon of french soldiers that held off the Germans at the beginning of the film to let the main character reach the beach

Modern art is shit. Get fucked, cuckboy.

You dont even know the first thing about it.
You are like a child in that arena.
Leave it the real men. i'm being honest.

the frenchman was my favorite character in the movie

You are one in a million

Checked

>Calling a pile of dung "art"
>"YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT, IT'S 2DEEP4U"

Cuckboy, get fucked.

Thats postmodern, not modern.

Now what faggot. See? you literally don't know what you're talking about. Not even the title of the subject.

Well some people like those things. Some people do not.
Just get over it already.

>>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
This is almost 100% true, and anyone proficient in historical linguistics could tell you that. Pretty much the only people who spoke what we call "Latin" today were high class aristocrats, and they most likely only did so in professional settings or where necessary as a common language between nations. Commoners spoke vulgar latin, which was rather profoundly different from classical latin (modern romance languages developed directly from vulgar latin, which was more of a simplification of classical latin than a direct evolution of classical latin). Aristocrats also very often spoke Greek, as I hear Lindy said (I haven't watched his video on the topic)

There is a difference between modern (as in close to this date) and modernist
It seems that know about this stuff no more than you claim this other person does.

He's a legendary man in my eyes.

I think thats the exact point he was pointing out.

hes an Ang*lo

What letter are you self censoring user?

I like how you skipped this one

it's kind of funny, I was reading a book from the war era by a british historian about great kings and leaders of history to that point, and he compared Napoleon to Hitler in evil, this book's about circa 1940

Isnt this outdated? Hasn't he made a few more claims to add?

Didn't he also claim no one used fire arrows?

Oh, come on, that's him shitposting, and you know it.

Quick reminder that german weapons were overdesigned trash with many flaws and that
german soldiers preferred russian junk over their own """superior weaponry"""

No, he used wrong terms when talking like he knows what he is talking about.
"Thats _postmodern_ not _modern_" shows lack of competence in this field. There is postmodernist art, not postmodern.

Badalamenti.

There is a difference between "no one used" and "used on specific occasions and not like it is shown in movies".
But I guess you don't want to find truth, you just want to argue for fun.

He's Welsh, but larps as anything but.

Newcastle is in Wales now?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> I LIVE SOMEWHERE
> THIS IS MY ETHNICITY FOREVER

You support the BBC portraying all British people throughout history as Black? You do this because they live there now.

> Newcastle is traditionally a Viking area which is why they speak retarded

You unironically think Lindy speaks with a Geordie accent.

> youtube.com/watch?v=oef4lU-GON8

Not seeing any sources for him being Welsh there.

tard, his name is literally Welsh.

> btw, if you see anything with double LL in it, that is Celtic -> Welsh

>having a vaguely Welsh name makes you literally Welsh

This is your evidence? Seriously?

The guy looks like a typical Welsh person you stupid barbarian.

Go look at young pictures of Griff Rhys Jones, Lindy is literally the same with a beard.

I bet you don't believe the Tudors were Welsh?

By the rules you are using, the Tudors were literally French and/or Spanish.

Twdwr is actually how it should be spelled btw.

> you're a retard

>who are Catherine of Valois and Catherine of Aragon?

> you unironically identify yourself as a woman

Funny how many people are gender queer without knowing it.

> It's like you believe men pass on mtDNA

What are you babbling about?

> huh, I don't know what's happening, I'm, ignorant, therefore I win

Go fuck yourself you piece of shit.

You're doing a fantastic job of showing how Lindy is Welsh.

What about movies, books, songs?
90% of the songs you listen to are from the post ww2 era. How is that modern art? same with movies.
Art is everywhere nowadays. We're very much surrounded by it due to everyday things. Much more than in previous centuries.

Why do autists always focus on some bullshit attention whoring performance art?

How is it postmodern just because it came after wwII senpai? Also most people who actually go to museums know "postmodern" has never been a formal artform tbqh. Maybe watch some more youtube videos yes?

He's pro-Brexit.

Lindy, is that you?

so does ian on forgotten weapons senpai

>it's just banter Cx
kys

The question was find a flaw.

Although the "Vulgar Latin" of the Classical era was different, it wasn't as radically different as the later Vulgar Latin, from the 5th century onwards.
Also, don't confuse written language (what we know as "Classical Latin") and the spoken language.
The written and spoken languages were at one point, nearly identical, but spoken language evolves really quickly.

>which was more of a simplification of classical latin than a direct evolution of classical latin
It was a descendant. "Simplification" of noun and verb morphology was just a part of the changes that happened. Romance languages gained new features aswell, like marking definitiveness (either through articles, or suffixes like Romanian).

What we call "Latin" is also a broad term. This includes Church/Ecclesiastical Latin, with its weird fusion of Vulgar and Classical pronounciation.

It's almost as if you're autistic.

Hitting all posts with "modern" or "postmodern" words.
Not even reading what is written in those posts.
Wew lad.

i fear i might end up looking like him

It's obvious that he's a hobbyist rather than an actual academic, but his points are generally sound. And he's certainly far more reasonable than people on boards like Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums give him credit for (most of his detractors here make it very transparent that they've never gone further than reading the titles of his videos).

The one thing that does bother me about him is that he constantly comes across as if he suffers from severe ADD. But I don't know, maybe he actually does.

How tall was Napoleon IRL?

Real, non-memetic flaw would be that he puts to much faith in memoires.

This is how stuff like Bren>Spandau come to life

half of me thinks this is a bait and other half thinks it is genuine, care to explain

Not him.
Germans were generaly keen on using anything they could put their hands on (for example their third most popular pistol was polish), but they could use captured 7.62x25 weapons easily because they had compatible ammo in the inventory

Also ppsh is one heck of shotgun

Doesn't do enough research.
Lindy annoys me because he's clearly a smart guy and when he actually does put research into a video, it's great. Instead he comes across as too lazy to actually do any work (too busy teaching dance I guess lol) and that's why he just spouts off meme theories.

>the battle of Zama didn't happen

Literally the opposite of what he says

I will listen to him talk about anything. His voice is soothing

proof?

His entire video on it?

>as if he suffers from severe ADD
>as too lazy to actually do any work
Might be related.

By now it should be obvious that the people makes these retarded claims about what Lindy has said only wants someone else to abridge his points for them so that they, for whatever reason, don't have to give him views

> tfw discovered Lindy back in 2011 with his video on Amazons

When did he reach memestatus on Veeky Forums, it couldn't have been that long ago could it? Also his viewer count basically doubled around half a year ago, what gives?

>When did he reach memestatus on Veeky Forums
There were always lindybeige threads, but I think it was around this time last year that the threads became frequent. In fact there was a time when almost everyday there was a new lindybeige thread, sometimes more than one.

>Also his viewer count basically doubled around half a year ago, what gives?
Apparently at the end of 2015 and 2016, something happened that made him get subs more frequently. It probably has to do with the videos "Casting swords in the movies - forging a lie" and "Platoons - a natural unit size for a modern army" in 2015 and "Muzzle Brakes - what are they for?" (his most viewed video) in 2016.

>discovered Lindy back in 2011
How did you discover him?

forgot pic

I can see how a video about guns (and his lack of knowledge thereof) would bring in a big audience of Americans who go to watch that one video but then stick around for others.

>most people who actually go to museums know "postmodern" has never been a formal artform tbqh

erm its actually quite well accepted that "postmodern" is very much a textbook definition for a style of art which reflects, warps and mocks Modernist principles.