I'm holding 150 ETH until next year for tax purposes

I'm holding 150 ETH until next year for tax purposes.

Convince me to sell it all for NEO and pay more in capital gains taxes.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/charts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lol eth is done

Not the sort of persuasion I was hoping for desu senpai

ill convince u not to

why would you move to a less stable currency. Ethereum is already out of the meme stage for cryptos. theres stable development surrounding it. its like youre already 150 ETH in, just hold and enjoy near guaranteed (never 100% but lets be real here its ethereuem) profits

extra risk with little gain basically

ETH is already its peak

NEO project is early days

with NEO you could get huge profits

NEO is triple digit coin

1000+ NEO + GAS generated + more room to grow = payoff

Isn't the tech for NEO a bit more advanced in that you can use other scripting languages to develop tokens?

I'd be tempted to agree with you since it's less effort and risk on my part. Except
makes the point that it will likely pump like no tomorrow in the next year or so, in which case paying additional taxes wouldn't mean anything.

Kept my NEO on Biitrex so no GAS for me, should really put it in a wallet but I don't like how you get charged one whole NEO for withdrawing it.

>ETH
$310 coin with an inflationary supply of $94 million. Real life uses: paying for ICOs. What could go wrong?

Why not bet on the $35 coin-making share with a fixed circulating supply of 50 million?

It's .1 neo per withdrawal now sugartits
But remember neo isn't really divisible, its apparent divisibility in exchanges is a gimmick, so withdraw 10.1 and you shall receive 10. Withdraw 88.1 and you shall receive 88

>It's .1 neo per withdrawal now sugartits
No. Last time I withdrew it I paid 0.025 Neo. They changed it.

>Isn't the tech for NEO a bit more advanced in that you can use other scripting languages to develop tokens?

It will be more advanced. They are still working on it. Right now it has support for JavaScript, .Net, and C#.

Because Neo supports multiple languages, it will be cheaper to adopt compared with Ethereum. Let's say the Chinese government wants to modernize their bureaucracy with a smart contracts platform. If they choose ETH, they'll have to spend money to teach developers Solidity (the smart contracts language that Ethereum uses). Neo, on the other hand, requires no additional training. Any developer can write smart contracts with any programming language.

The more a platform can reduce costs, the greater its inherent value should be.

Mostly because NEO is unproven, while ETH, though it has had its embarrassments, has a strong support network and a thriving ecosystem

I guess this is the efficient market hypothesis operating.

I'm holding 76 coins for 1 year. I'm already almost 6 months in, I can do it.... right bros?

NEO if you want sick gains.
ETH if you want small gains.

Neo for 100%+ gains.
Eth for 5% gains.

Personally i would keep 100 ETH and move 50 ETH into NEO. Dividends will pay off in the form of GAS

>ETH, though it has had its embarrassments
It got hacked, millions were stolen, it crashed several times, and all that just in the past month.

heh j-j-just growing p-pains, heh..

It wasn't eth that was hacked, it was a wallet, but I get the point. It does point to it being a very valuable asset that everyone wants though. And it's transaction volume is way higher than BTC... Not sure how neo transaction volume will hold up.

NEO doesn't operate in the same way as ETH. It has a far sleeker and more elegant system. GAS is what will be transacted mostly. NEOs will be held on tightly by those lucky enough to have them. People who actually want to buy NEOs will have to pay a very hefty price indeed.

ETH is ridiculously undervalued right now, just look at the dominance charts and youll see that its in an obvious low, also it has way more transactions than bitcoin at half the market cap, and transactions is an actual measure of value, the market will tend to follow

almost 30 billion dollars is not undervalued, sorry lol

>it was a wallet
A multisig contact got hacked because of a then unknown flaw in Solidity...

>it's transaction volume is way higher than BTC.
Because of ERC20 tokens and ICOs.

>GAS is what will be transacted mostly.
This. Neo's transaction volume will decrease over time.

Neo has a better supply mechanism. PoW supply is antiquated and expensive. As I said earlher:

>The more a platform can reduce costs, the greater its inherent value should be.

If you sell it all for Neo you'll lose everything and get a tax cut.

how do u suppose?

>tfw no cho aniki token

It's simple, my friend.

>GAS dividends = free money
>Byzantine tolerance fault
>Quantum resistance
>Energy efficient PoS
>100 thousands transactions per second
>.NET smart contracts
>JVM Kotlin lambda integration
>Dong Fei/Onechain has contacts with Alibaba
>City of Zion, community of 37 developers working in NEO
>Microsoft Partnership (workshops + integrated tech stack)
>2 new ICOs coming Setember (Red Pulse and TokenKai)
>Going to be listed in 2 major Japanese exchanges soon

I can confirm this, paid .025 neo and they gave you a warning

NEO isn't just better than ETH.
It's better than BTC at this point.

coinmarketcap.com/charts/

if the link makes any sense to you, you'll know the question of whether eth or neo is better is irrelevant.

I hope you realize that only matters if you're not from burgerland