Why are the pagan gods so weak compared to the Judeo-Christian God?

Why are the pagan gods so weak compared to the Judeo-Christian God?

>are basically a bunch of superheroes/villains that sit around and get drunk and fornicate with one another/mortal women/various beasts
>neither righteous nor virtuous
>didn't create squat and essentially arose from the primordial ooze out of chaos, as opposed to God, who is a creator god
>neither omnipotent nor omniscient, as opposed to the almighty
>demand sacrifices of livestock and drink from humans, whereas God literally made a flesh and blood version of himself that he allowed to be sacrificed by humans for the sake of humans

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html
reasonablefaith.org/the-resurrection-of-jesus
youtube.com/watch?v=xi0Ff3-nz8A
youtube.com/watch?v=uG7VtVr4eFw
youtube.com/watch?v=l7hfZLTjTSs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuntillet_Ajrud
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuntillet_Ajrud
youtube.com/watch?v=1a94Kpkku94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pagan's were good writers unlike Jews who made
a literally Mary-Sue.

>the Judeo-Christian God

Kek

idk man, YHWH was kind of an asshole

>here Job, let me torture you to see how loyal you are
>KILL ALL INFIDELS (but here's my 'son' to tell you to turn the other cheek and the meek will inherit the Earth)
>I don't think you reeeaaally have faith, so cut the skin off your dick for me

You are telling me Mary got YHWH'D by that?

>you will never be hung like YHWH is
>you will never create the universe in 6 days
>you will never be able to fill up the Virgin Mary with your divine seed

Why even live?

Abrahamic God: Don't murder and steal and shit. Love thy neighbor.

Aztec Gods: I'm literally going to destroy existence if you don't sacrifice thousands of people in specific rituals on these regular calendar dates.

>tfw god forbid making depictions of him because he ugly af

Now it makes sense

Monotheistic god was greatest innovation of entire mankind. What would you do for random god who spends his time bullying people and raping chick gods? Really nothing.
What would you do for one omnipotent god who is going to destroy everyone who doesn't follow him? That's just like with evil A.I., you must do everything possible for him.
That's why monotheistic gods rule world today.

Weak men need strong gods, whereas strong men can tolerate fallible deities. This speaks volumes about Judeo-Christian theology (especially since the religion was so widespread among the poor, weak, and despicable); namely, that they were so weak they needed an omnipotent god. Monotheism was a mistake.

Good. YHWH acts like a child throwing tantrums, i don't see how he's worthy of worship.

>monotheism is for the weak
>yet somehow monotheistic religions manage to dominate the world
okay

>Judeo-Christian
Might as well say Judeo-Islamo-Christian. Just say God of Abraham, or Yahweh.

Pagan gods are Earthly and more human-like because they are extrapolations of eugenic progress. Monotheism is like a technology that was created to justify a slave's equality to his master by comparing all of mankind to an all-powerful infinite god, making everyone else insignificant and equally unequal in comparison.

If you're a fucking GOD why not put those little shits on notice? Just troll the fuck out of them, what are they gonna do about it.

>>demand sacrifices of livestock and drink from humans, whereas God literally made a flesh and blood version of himself that he allowed to be sacrificed by humans for the sake of humans
I see you've never actually read the bible.

Hashem / El / Yahweh / God is still a "characterful" deity like Zeus, or Thor or Indra etc, I mean look at the mythological record of Jesus or Jehova in the old testament ffs. The Jews and Christians just went full "My Dad's muscles are bigger than yours" - aggressively, violently and coldly.

>Abrahamic God: I'm going to destroy your spirit with pestilence, enslavement and hunger and force you to cannibalize your own children if you don't cut off a piece of your cock and follow a set of autistic dietary guidelines
Fixed

>Jesus
>old testament

>weak compared to the Judeo-Christian God?
You say that, and yet he's powerless against chariots.

>Pagans
Gods are infallible like humans, theology is much more human-focused and accepts personality flaws
>Abrahamic sandshit
hurr ur ebul g-d's gon judge ur hell-borne ass!!!!!

Pretty sure he sacrifices were to give him energy so he could stop the destruction of reality.

Kind of like a hardcore spirit bomb

I still don't understand how the gods exist.
Unless you have some God that created all of the gods who is a sufficient being for the unmoved mover then it seems like the gods are logically impossible but then they seem more like angels than gods.
Also seeing as this God is perfect how could it have created the gods instead of just Christ who is far more good and logical.

>Jesus "I'm my own son" Christ
>Logical

>Jewish God becomes a Man
>gets crucified
this is the idol of Christians
a suffering Jew who took the blame for their sins
it's weak and pathetic slave religion

Nobody back then knew how the gods existed either, that was why they filled the intellectual void with philosophy, which gradually led them towards monotheism. They had a few gods they felt reasonably sure about who and what they were, but nobody could have told you how many gods there were or what they did. The priest back then was just the official entrusted with performing the rituals that had, to their knowledge, worked in appeasing the gods in the past.

Being Jewish is basically like worshipping a pagan God, but there's only one you worship and he has big muscles and he's powerful and loves his worshipers.
Christianity is literally be a bad person and still go to heaven, the religion.

So you mean Christianity is religion of forgiveness?

Someone who rapes and kills children shouldn't be forgiven, just for believing in Jesus. The Christian God is a narcissist.

>Nobody back then knew how the gods existed
>implying we do now either
Simply because a slave mentality cuckold monotheism invaded the world from a desert shithole doesn't mean we "know".

Yeah, its the religion of being forgiven for things you do to other people by a notional person.
You know when you do something you know is wrong, and the person forgives you, but you can't forgive yourself? That's what Jesus is for.

You can get rid of all that annoying baggage, and pretend that it just goes away, even though every horrible thing you've ever done has planted itself on you and will never, ever go away, and nobody can forgive you, not even yourself.
Its a way of unseeing, unlearning, undoing, etc.

believing in Jesus kinda implies regretting the sins and asking for forgiveness.
You can't just say "Ok, I guess that Jesus guy was real, but still, i did nothing wrong when i raped those children" and expect to go to heaven

That's what the christfags on Veeky Forums and in real life tell me. They say I'm going to go to hell, because being a good person has nothing to do with your actions. According to them,the highest good you can do is believing in Jesus. According to them, if the choice is between saving a child's life and truly believing in Jesus, the better thing is to believe in Jesus.
Growing up my parents would explain to me the significance of Yom Kippur, in how not only are you supposes to ask God for forgiveness for your sins, but you need to go to the people who you've wronged and make amends as well.

Sorry if we posit that God is perfect than it's perfectly logical that Jesus was necessary to have been sacrificed since it's historically proven Jesus died and was resurrected, thus proving His claim He was God and therefore it's logical that God needed Jesus to do what He did and that there was no other way since God does not do what is contrary to His perfection.
If it wasn't necessary than Jesus wouldn't be God but He was God therefore you are wrong.

They are wrong

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html

Well that's reassuring to hear. Just a few months ago, a friend of mine took me out to eat, sat me down, split a pizza with me, and told me I was going to hell if I don't change my ways.

Christian God had two attributes that made a lot of conversions, no its not "persecuted martrys" that inspired conversions, it was miracles, the display of power, the Christian god was far more powerfull in
1-The ability of healing
2-The abiltiy of excorcism

Take a look at coversion accounts, written in 2nd to 5th centuries, people did not stopped being pagan just because emperor ordered them to (persecution and force conversion is another matter) but Many pagans conversted to christianity due to displays of power and many also remained pagan, but would go to christians due to their "better healing attributes", same with expelling bad spirits, and many conversations happened due to christian miracles, again mostly related to healing and excorcism. Add to that the staunch determination of not worshipping any other god as a major requirement and voila you have a strong rbasis for a religion.

Is your god "real" was not the question that they ask, they probably not disputed nor cared whether their god was "real", but is your god POWERFULL, can he do things that the other cults I went can't do? Can't find the source but in a book by Ramsay McMullen, he narates an instant when entire arab tribe converted to christianity after vitnessing a healing miracle of a holy man, they were so enthusiastic that they ripped holy mans clothing apart, thinking it had some magical attributes.

Now how "christian" were these arabs, is another subject, they probably did not forgot their old gods as easy (similar to viking accounts that state worship thor on sea but christ on land) similarly one must take into account that Pagans survived up to the time of Justinian (circa early-mid 500s) and even beyond and we have account of forced conversion and persecution of pagans who refused to convert. This is a huge and complicated subject.

>Sorry if we posit that God is perfect
Prove god is perfect.

>Than[then] it's perfectly logical that Jesus was necessary to have been sacrificed
Prove that human sacrifice is necessary using logic. With citations.

>Since it's historically proven Jesus died and was resurrected,
Prove he was resurrected with the appropriate citations from primary historical sources (excluding the bible, assuming you aren't a drooling spastic.)

>Thus proving His claim He was God and therefore it's logical that God needed Jesus to do what He did
No, if your god is omnipotent then any display of agency is unnecessary, he could just click his fingers and transport everyone to heaven immediately without sin forever, but he didn't because special pleading. Again, prove using logical and modal arguments that god needs his underaged wife's son to save humanity.

>And that there was no other way since God does not do what is contrary to His perfection.
Literally a non-statement

>If it wasn't necessary than Jesus wouldn't be God but He was God therefore you are wrong.
"""no u""", see above, special pleading.

>since it's historically proven Jesus died and was resurrected
No, we know that *a* guy named Yeshua lived at about the right time and place and whose teachings got a whole lot of traction among Jews sometime after the destruction of the Second Temple, and that these Jews also allowed non-Jewish converts to join them.

There's absolutely no evidence of him having resurrected.

Judeo-Christian God is just a Megazord made of all the Pagan Gods

they all merge to fight the hungry void you call Satan and then split up again and go about their business flying around as Ravens and shit

reasonablefaith.org/the-resurrection-of-jesus
>Prove god is perfect.
>Matthew 5:48
>Prove that human sacrifice is necessary using logic. With citations.
Really?
You don't see how that follows from his perfection and the fact that it happened?
>Prove he was resurrected with the appropriate citations from primary historical sources
Follow the link above.
>he could just click his fingers and transport everyone to heaven immediately without sin forever
Well we obviously aren't in heaven now so it wouldn't be the Just or right thing for God to do.
>Literally a non-statement
Read the theology of aquinas please.

Its just weird to you because you live in a monotheistic society, monotheism was the weird child for many centuries mind you. read some writings of greeks and romans about jews and pagans asked the same question, but the other way around, christians wrote to advocate and to make monotheism seem logical for the masses

>you need to go to the people who you've wronged and make amends as well

As I said, sometimes asking forgiveness is unfair. Sometimes you are forgiven by the person you've hurt, and yet you don't feel any better, because the act has still been done.
Personally I don't believe in forgiveness of any kind, its an abuse of language, like asking someone to unpunch themselves for you, with an added magic spell that makes them the person they were before you punched them.

I'll forgive others, but its a conventional thing rather than a sincere one, even if I bear them no malice.

>Pope
Ayyy

>Why are the pagan gods so weak compared to the Judeo-Christian God?

Because they're real and the Moses character isn't.

> demand sacrifices of livestock and drink from humans, whereas God literally made a flesh and blood version of himself that he allowed to be sacrificed by humans for the sake of human

Jesus is one of many mortals who have been gods. You people are toddlers playing with fire. It's astounding how many humans believe the gods owe them something thanks to your phony book.

youtube.com/watch?v=xi0Ff3-nz8A

>literally G-d's infallible representative on Earths

Both the Greeks and Romans talked about a greater creator God behind their numerous gods, but it was an unknowable force too big to comprehend, like an image that gets pixelated because you zoom in too much. The gods where more bite sized parts of the great beyond and COULD be understood.

I think all religions, once sufficiently advanced, move towards monotheism (usually with the chief god becoming God)
For further listening I'd recommend rhe podcast: dragons in genesis

>Prove that human sacrifice is necessary using logic. With citations.

Jesus' human sacrifice is to atone for the human sacrifices made to the false god of Moses. The Clergy, Rabbis, and Imams are expert theologians - well versed on intergalactic superhuman entities - they should have no problem figuring that out...

There are many pagan myth about "in the beginning there was x god-x being-x entitiy" etc but I don't think that alone makes them monotheistic, both greek and roman sources see the jewish-christian idea of monotheism as weird. The ones who see "one greater (and sometimes single) creator god" did existed, neo platonist for one. But they were not all pagans, Your describe one branch of paganism nevermind the fact many a neo platonst despised christianity rather than sympathizing with them for "similar theology" take a look at porphyr or julians writings.

>I think all religions, once sufficiently advanced, move towards monotheism
Very few did, many lacked the time to prove your thesis

>Jesus "I'm my own son" Christ

That's how thing work around here...

youtube.com/watch?v=l7hfZLTjTSs

>Read the theology of aquinas please.
I hope you're trolling.

Because philosophy was poorly devolved and the drive and logic to oneness wasn't well understood outside of some Greeks. It's not till you start thinking about how does motion actully accur (why isn't everything static) that you start thinking big thoughts about 'atoms' and later demiurge. And polygods make less and less sense. monthisim is more advanced but maybe less obvious
It's not about that, The point is we are all flawed and sinners, so don't bigile the rapist his forgiveness, becuase it is given to you also. If you think you aren't a sinner you are likely underage.

Have you read aquinas's writings on the power of God?
If not then you should, I'm not doing your work for you.

Not him.
I would actully like to read him, but there is so many volumes!

I didn't say I've never sinned lolך
I'm saying that someone who rapes kids and then gets forgiveness for it isn't someone I wanna share heaven with. A just God wouldn't forgive a bad person.

r/K selection theory brah
>the meek shall inherit the earth

What is this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuntillet_Ajrud

If by Greek you mean Chaos then yes but greek are rational enough to understand the forger of existence wouldnt give a damn about one planet which is why worship the gods.

Aquinas never once manages to prove God's existence.

Yeah you´re right, the polytheistic religions were obviously far stronger, I mean look at this badass Viking, right?

I wasn't trying to invoke his proofs of God's existence though.
Also he did prove God's existence in a way but his arguments weren't as up to date with modern science as those made by modern theologians/philosophers like william lane craig.
Please do yourself a favour and read aquinas though, maybe you'll find God in the process.
Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

That's just a Christian myth.
In reality it was only the weak, the pathetic and the stupid who converted.
The people of any importance spat in the face of the Christians but they were backstabbed by the rats who took their faces.

what the fuck

He looks like a cool fella

Please notice how Yahu boy's dick is untouched. No sign of mutilation. Yahweh is cool, jews are hacks.

varg pls

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuntillet_Ajrud

Mate it's only because of the greek philosophers that polytheism even got questioned in the first place. That's why Nietzsche hates Socrates as one of the reasons. Monotheism was like an upgrade exactly because more rational methods entered Greek society. Philosophy leads to monotheism. Get over it.

>Philosophy leads to monotheism. Get over it.

And, yet, God hates (Abrahamic) monotheists.

Criminally underrated!

This, Christianity is boring as fuck. The pagan gods were interesting characters. Yahweh is Superman, perfect and boring.

>WHAT IS THIS SHIT
>oh it's just heresy-pope at it again

Yeah all of those weak kings and rulers were the ones who converted, right? No way a king could convert his country and be strong at the same time, no siree.

>Yahweh is Superman, perfect and boring.

Yahweh is "Superman?"

I thought the Superman character had morals. The Yahweh character has no morals at all. That's why his followers get a front row seat in hell.

youtube.com/watch?v=1a94Kpkku94

>they stop believing in you
>you stop existing
gg

>Pagan's were good writers unlike Jews
Poetic edda:
>Lmao let's play a repetitive riddle game to solve some meaningless dispute that was invented to serve as a motivation for us to play a riddle game. btw don't trust women t. Wotan
Meanwhile in Judea:
>Writes complex narrative history which frames oral hagiography in a way which teaches later generations about the spiritual values of the priestly class, paving the way for us to come to a deeper understanding of an ancient civilization beyond its history.

Yes but we don't like Islam.

You are an insane autist, please don't respond to me.

Fucking all of my tripcode hiding settings are from Veeky Forums. What is it about this board that attracts the most batshit people?

>God literally made a flesh and blood version of himself that he allowed to be sacrificed by humans for the sake of humans

Yeah, this is a thing that makes total sense.

>Superman is perfect and boring.
Take this entry-level contrarian opinion to /v/

you know why. don't respond to board-raiders.

???

What... Is this...

having morals is boring, even religion says so
youre not supposed to have fun

the kindom of god is in all human beings, human potiental is also limitless, it is logiclly sound wolloololololololololololololol

Judaism was somewhat interesting

Christianity turned it all on its head with a hippie zombie and southern baptist shit