What is the best system of government and why is it democraty?

What is the best system of government and why is it democraty?

Either the westminster system or American style presidential republics.

Depends on how I'm feeling that day.

>not neo post-matriarchal proto communism
????

>post matriarchal
So, patriarchal?

The only reason people are ever critical of democracy is because they want to seem edgy and different, there's never any real conviction

Get a load of this fascist

Not true. I am critical of democracy because I see it as inherently embracing moral subjectivism.

A lot of people realy think that other people are too dumb to chose what is best and that the ideal is a dictator who thinks like they do.

See this is exactly what I mean. I'm sure you have logical and well-reasoned arguments or whatever but ultimately you just want to craft a persona around this 'deep' critique. It's an ego-trip.

Where did I craft a persona?

What do you mean? Everyday, in your whole life. There are plenty of non-democratic countries you can go live in if you think that's the morally correct thing to do, but instead you make up an anti-democratic ideology that you can debate people with or whatever. It's self-serving.

The main reason I haven't moved to a dictatorship is because I am still learning the language of one, but I have friends who moved to Russia (not really a dictatorship, but more opportunity for my views to become mainstream), and I ultimately plan on moving there as well. Until then, I don't really have much of a choice, because I'm still in uni and am still learning the language.

Also, I don't see how it's self-serving to take up a view that isn't mainstream. If anything, it's a good way to out yourself as an autist.

It's self-serving because, as your own posts demonstrate, it's all about YOU. How YOU feel, what YOU believe, what YOU learn, where YOU live. Politics isn't about you, it's about whole societies. It doesn't matter if you've figured out your favorite way of living, that has nothing to do with the management of an entire civilization. Your personal beliefs are just window dressing for your life.

>democraty
Democracy is retarded, the athenian democracy at one point voted itself out of existence. Democracy is Schizophrenic.

Any true Christian should despise Democracy as you cannot serve 2 masters, as you'll hate one and love the other. We see this today in America, insane destabilization and rabid hatred where no hatred should exist.

Daily reminder that Christ described democracy as the Beast.

>Dosto told me so
He literally wrote a book on his years in a gulag for treasonous writings.

>referendum to enact an Orwellian or Huxleyian state, for the children and disenfranchised, and to protect from terrorism of course
>51% yes - 49% no. Looks like its dystopia time, haha

>oh, that policy might actually be good for the overall of society, but its extremely unpopular so I guess you gotta repeal it, haha

>democracy
>not a faulty system that always spawns and allows the things that will end it

reminder that elections are something that happens in oligarchies and not democracies, and that there isn't an actual democracy anywhere in the world, it's all republics.

It was liberal democracy which introduced such an individualistic way of thinking.

I've read the book. It's not about how awful the prison is, but how degenerate the prisoners are and how they belong there. At one point, he even likens the prison's 'bath day' to the lake of fire in the Book of Revelations, complete with the Jewish prisoner sitting on a makeshift throne, occupying (in the comparison) the place of Satan.

Not him, but I don't remember it being this judgemental.

At parts, it's not openly judgemental, so much as it really emphasizes just how depraved the prisoners are (e.g. they spend the entirety of holidays, which they always get off, just drinking to the point where they pass out). While there is some criticism of the prison staff, a fair bit of it is played as the convicts influencing them (bribing of guards) or as just simple corruption (the Warden). The bathhouse scene legitimately made me laugh though, just because of the blatant anti-semitism in it. All the scenes with the Jewish prisoner were like that, and it culminated with that scene, in which the Jewish prisoner (I can't remember his name for the life of me) pays some other prisoners to pile up so he can climb on top of them and sit right in front of the steam vents. During this scene, the narrator says something to effect of "As I looked upon him, I couldn't help but be reminded of Lucifer himself".

The way I remember it was more of "prisoners be prisoners", but critical of "system". I didn't remember bath scene.

Also Dostoy anti-semitism is really interesting, sort of racist grandpa type.

Most democracies are shitholes. In the end it doesn't really matter what type of government a country has.

Maybe a possible interpretation, but after reading through the whole thing, the vast majority of the prisoners in the book seemed totally irredeemable, and I have to think that that is the picture Dostoevsky was trying to present, especially since after his imprisonment, he was a pretty firm supporter of the Tsarist autocracy.

But didn't book said that by the time it was published there were several reforms in "katorga" system.

>The only reason people are ever critical of democracy is because they want to seem edgy and different

Because some dumb fucks who didn't know what to vote, didn't feel strongly about it either way, and those who did it for 'a laff' 49% of the country (and tens of millions of people) have now been subjugated by another group in this stupid mess called Brexit.

Apparently the 'will of the people' and the electorate means to ignore everyone who voted otherwise and neither scrutinises the integrity of those voting.

>and that there isn't an actual democracy anywhere in the world

Switzerland.

What's the alternative then, leave it in the hands of 0.1% of the population instead of 51%?

The time when a republic is starting to grow in power is awesome, after it's apex and it starts declining, not so much.
For my money there's nothing better than an enlightened monarchy and nothing worse than a despotic one.

Yeah, and he pretty much thanks the Tsar for sending him there and revealing him the errors of his ways. Reading Dostoevsky's works in chronological order is pretty interesting, he starts as moderate liberal critiquing the system, and ends up writing page longs rants on how the Russian Christ will save Europe from itself.

First build the Master Computer that can calculate anything.
Feed it in all the data on the nation and the world.
It spits out the models and recommends policy.
Create a panel of the most brilliant and wise scientists, engineers, ethicists, artists, and sociologists.
Their job is to implement the Master Computer Policy.

what could go wrong?

If you cared that much you could have organized campaigns to spread awareness or whatever, or networked with likeminded individuals, or gone canvassing, or literally anything. Instead you just complain and say "democracy is bad" because this particular instance didn't work out how you wanted it to. Do you really think LESS democracy is the solution to this problem? Besides, England has enough bureaucracy that it probably won't go thru with it

I wrote that from within switzerland. We too are a republic with a small handful of democratic elements. I always think that if a true democracy equals a human with fully functioning seeing and hearing, most of the world's nations are deaf and blind, and switzerland you could maybe say has one eye (in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king). In the political sphere we have some idea what democracy could be like, but in the other major sphere of society, economic life, we're as democracy-free as the rest.

nazis BTFO

reminds me of Weapons of Math Destruction, good if you want a redpill on why computers shouldn't be relied on for managing human resources

calibrate it to exclude statistical outliers

The formula used is just garbage
average happiness * population basically means the sum of all happiness.
Delete the product and you'll have a system that values the average.
If that doesn't work you could try a norm approach instead of an average.

> what could go wrong
the computers will decide to kill us off for starters, not like they'd be wrong in doing so

a universal hive mind direct democracy

> giving retards even more power than what current democracy already gives them with hivemind botnet

no

How far can we take this

>implying the concept of retard exists when everyone has access to collective human knowledge

when nobody's retarded everyone's retarded
really makes u think